• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is not any scaling chain between those and Byakuran, iirc they currently scale to vindice who are above Byakuran, but yeah the vindice were easily defeating them so I don't mind removing it from them
I'm talking about pre timeskip btw

This is a terrible justification lmao, they shouldn't scale.
I mean, they could still have "at least X tier, possibly Y tier"

With X being the Real Wraths tier and Y being Tsuna's tier.

Cause we saw with Tsuna how strong an Original VR makes you, so the first part is true as most of the guardians were on par with the Wraths pre-OVR and the second makes sense since the power up they received was also massive, even tho we didn't see it in practice.

I mean, they could still have "at least X tier, possibly Y tier"

With X being the Real Wraths tier and Y being Tsuna's tier.

Cause we saw with Tsuna how strong an Original VR makes you, so the first part is true as most of the guardians were on par with the Wraths pre-OVR and the second makes sense since the power up they received was also massive, even tho we didn't see it in practice.
I'd think a "far higher" would be better than a possibly tsuna rating

I do agree that the original VR rings makes them Massively stronger but using a character like tsuna to get a possibly for characters depicted to be way weaker than him doesn't sit right with me

They weren't depicted to be way weaker than him tho?

Tsuna was the only one to fight when they got the OVRs iirc, then in the next arc everyone was fodderized by the Simon until they used their Vongola Gear.

Anyway, i don't disagree with a far higher, but I'd still give them an actual tier rather than a "far higher"

I'd rather just stick with the far higher

There's no ground for a possibly when they don't have any feats from my recollection. I could see the likes of hibari getting a possibly

But not lambo and etc

Hibari didn't get any feats too, it's either for every OVR user or to none of them.

And well, we didn't get a multiplier for OVRs but it makes sense that everyone who got one was amped by roughly the same amount + is in a comparable tier with it as long as they were comparable without it.

Hmmm

They are, everyone was fighting against the Real Wraths, even Lambo.

I think Yamamoto is the only one who didn't fight one? Not sure really.

Can somebody explain what is being suggested here and why in easy to understand manners please?

Characters after the Future Arc are 5-A based on Enma's black holes. Essentially everyone of importance ends up scaling to that feat. Before this point, Byakuran and those who scale to him were listed as 7-B based on multipliers from a calc from earlier in the series. The proposal is to instead have Byakuran scale to 5-B based on a statement of him having destroyed a parallel earth. While "destroy the world" statements generally are seen as hyperbole, this one holds more water since in the next arc, characters start scaling to 5-A, so there is precedence for Tier 5 feats.

Can somebody explain what is being suggested here and why in easy to understand manners please?
It's basically a few things

1. 5-B byakuran and by virtue, figure out who scales and why

2. Fixing some of the wordings/ Reasonings for a character getting a certain tier

3. Adding new tabbers for important amps like cambio forma

4. The pages had outdated words for Stamina and intelligence, so I'm trying to replace them with the words on the current pages

It's basically a few things

1. 5-B byakuran and by virtue, figure out who scales and why

2. Fixing some of the wordings/ Reasonings for a character getting a certain tier

3. Adding new tabbers for important amps like cambio forma

4. The pages had outdated words for Stamina and intelligence, so I'm trying to replace them with the words on the current pages
Bump

I suppose that this seems to make sense, although are you all certain that "destroyed the world" does not simply refer to devastating all human life on it or somesuch? Also, it would be best with some elaboration regarding the reasoning for the other intended revisions here.

I suppose that this seems to make sense, although are you all certain that "destroyed the world" does not simply refer to devastating all human life on it or somesuch? Also, it would be best with some elaboration regarding the reasoning for the other intended revisions here.
Well I made some points earlier that went uncontested with

I would be inclined to believe it's vague but here's a few things I think we can consider.

1. When Visualizing What "Destroying the World" is, that word is often associated with the planet being destroyed. Even a Google search of destroying the world shows the planet being destroyed.

2. The Anime Implying a Planet level destruction by showing Earth when he made the statement.

Did the anime show the Earth being destroyed? If not, I am afraid that it seems rather unreliable.

Well, there is no actual planetary destruction in this comic book, is there? Just the creation of a small black hole, if I rmember correctly. So we may very well have misinterpreted the author's intentions regarding the characters' scale of power, which may very well be addressed during future revisions. As such, I do not think that we should adjust the required overall burden of proof to far less than what we usually demand.

My apologies, but seems too unreliable for reasons that I mentioned earlier. We cannot lessen our standards in this regard for such a limited coherent context.

My apologies, but seems too unreliable for reasons that I mentioned earlier. We cannot lessen our standards in this regard for such a limited coherent context.
I don't see how it's unreliable tho and or how we are likely misinterpreting the scale author's intention of the intended scale of her characters' strength.

Also you really don't need to lessen the standards in this regard.

It should be a pretty simple evaluation, a character states that he destroyed a parallel world which is backed up by the Anime's implication of a planet's destruction.

I could be wrong, but isn't Zeref's scaling in Fairy Tail based on a "destroy the world" statement that is supported by a 5-A feat from characters more powerful than him?

I could be wrong, but isn't Zeref's scaling in Fairy Tail based on a "destroy the world" statement that is supported by a 5-A feat from characters more powerful than him?
Yeah he does but I don't really want to bring in other verses into this

I don't see how it's unreliable tho and or how we are likely misinterpreting the scale author's intention of the intended scale of her characters' strength.

Also you really don't need to lessen the standards in this regard.

It should be a pretty simple evaluation, a character states that he destroyed a parallel world which is backed up by the Anime's implication of a planet's destruction.
Well, I am uneasy with allowing diffuse and uncertain statements and information as a basis for our statistics.

Well, yeah the logic is pretty much the same but Zeref's planet destruction is a lot more clear than Byakuran's.

Tho, i will also add that although the manga never explains if the the destruction was society scale or planetary scale (while the anime at least hints towards it being planetary), what Byakuran says afterwards about "bringing Ghost back" wouldn't really be necessary if only society was destroyed.

Tho, i will also add that although the manga never explains if the the destruction was society scale or planetary scale (while the anime at least hints towards it being planetary), what Byakuran says afterwards about "bringing Ghost back" wouldn't really be necessary if only society was destroyed.
Please explain further regarding what you mean and the context for it.

Please explain further regarding what you mean and the context for it.
In the very first scan in the OP Byakuran says:

"I destroyed the world he came from" but we have no idea what was the scale of this destruction.

But right afterwards he adds "i managed to bring him back, but barely on the shape of a human", as if he had destroyed the world (planet) and Ghost alongside it, thus having to recreate him.

If we look at this second statement as world (society) then there would be no reason to have to recreate Ghost.

So, even if we are going with a lowball, we should go with H6A (surface wiping) rather than dismiss the feat, as it's clear some kind of large scale destruction took place in Ghost's original world.

Okay. That can probably be applied then.

Have any other staff members commented here, so I can ask them to confirm first?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back