• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

History of VSB

Kuroneki00

He/Him
This is not a death battle question, just a curiosity, can someone tell me a little bit about VSB history likes who are the one make tiering system, power and abilities, who are the one making this website and since when this website exist, and something like that, thank you

Wiki was founded 2010 by Galaxian Pyron.
It originally basically was an OBD clone with many pages even being copied from there. Despite what members of the OBD like to say, today our pages ain't copies anymore, though, and we have in fact outgrown their wiki in size, popularity and page quality. (from a wiki standpoint, accuracy is subjective)

A standard format for character profiles was created by Polar-kun 2013, meaning that until that point profiles could look however they wanted. (and in fact did)
It additionally looked like this btw. Kavpeny added the bolding later.

2015 Antvasima (with help of DarkLK) revised the Tiering System to follow more closely the model of the ACF wiki. (i.e. dimensional tiering stuff)
2015 generally was a pretty eventful year. One could basically say that it was the point where the wiki went from people just randomly editing as they wanted to having a proper streamlined approval process. It also generally turned a lot more "professional".
That year was also when first standards for calculations were being added. That's when the calc group was made to check and approve calc. Priorly virtually all stats were done without calcs just by guessing (or were copied from the OBD). Or there were calcs but nobody checked them for validity.

So we haven't changed profile formats since like 2013 not counting swapping the places of ratings ?

Yeah but we are always the one getting pummeled on YouTube.
'cause we're the only community of relevant size that puts out officially approved stats for characters. "Random person in a forum has a shitty opinion" is just nothing people care about. But "vsbattles has wrong info on some profile page" is interesting, 'cause there's an organization behind the stats which gives them official appeal.
It's also just much easier to attack some neatly presented stats on a page than to make a video out of some chaotic forum debate.
In other words we're
ZExI8jU.png

Wiki was founded 2010 by Galaxian Pyron.
It originally basically was an OBD clone with many pages even being copied from there. Despite what members of the OBD like to say, today our pages ain't copies anymore, though, and we have in fact outgrown their wiki in size, popularity and page quality. (from a wiki standpoint, accuracy is subjective)

A standard format for character profiles was created by Polar-kun 2013, meaning that until that point profiles could look however they wanted. (and in fact did)
It additionally looked like this btw. Kavpeny added the bolding later.

2015 Antvasima (with help of DarkLK) revised the Tiering System to follow more closely the model of the ACF wiki. (i.e. dimensional tiering stuff)
2015 generally was a pretty eventful year. One could basically say that it was the point where the wiki went from people just randomly editing as they wanted to having a proper streamlined approval process. It also generally turned a lot more "professional".
That year was also when first standards for calculations were being added. That's when the calc group was made to check and approve calc. Priorly virtually all stats were done without calcs just by guessing (or were copied from the OBD). Or there were calcs but nobody checked them for validity.
Thanks DT, didn't expect you to come here, what a history 🔥🔥🔥 oh yeah are you and ultima is the one who make tiering system for low 1A to 0?

Last edited:
Weird flex but okay.

Interesting

So where did FC/OC battles and Joke Battles come from?
@Ryukama probably knows the joke battles stuff better than me.

But I think it was mostly created when vs battles wiki decided that joke profiles (e.g. Chuck Norris or Squirrel girl) should get deleted. We even had a "tier infinite" for joke characters once, that we got rid of in 2015.

To not letting let those profiles get lost and allow for creation of more of those joke battles was created... I think.

FC/OC was created January 2014 by Dewott the epic. That's 11 month before I joined, so I have no idea about the circumstances.

@Ryukama probably knows the joke battles stuff better than me.

But I think it was mostly created when vs battles wiki decided that joke profiles (e.g. Chuck Norris or Squirrel girl) should get deleted. We even had a "tier infinite" for joke characters once, that we got rid of in 2015.

To not letting let those profiles get lost and allow for creation of more of those joke battles was created... I think.

FC/OC was created January 2014 by Dewott the epic. That's 11 month before I joined, so I have no idea about the circumstances.
I got a question tho, as a “new member” here (of course, compared to 10 years members, I am new)

Many believe that @Antvasima is presented to be top of authority (has almost the biggest influence here, in comments, in likes, in endless projects that are run by vsbattle, in contributions, in blogs…etc.) is it true? Or does he have no importance or special state in the wiki?

Also, where is Galaxian Pyron? What happens to him?

And wow, it is stunning to know that Russians are the ones who created the concept of “vs battling community”.
Really outstanding, it looks like the US vs Russia Cold War where the Russians are the first who reached space, but the US won the race. The same happens here haha (weird comparison)

Many believe that @Antvasima is presented to be top of authority (has almost the biggest influence here, in comments, in likes, in endless projects that are run by vsbattle, in contributions, in blogs…etc.) is it true? Or does he have no importance or special state in the wiki?
Ant is jokingly called the owner of the wiki, due to his contributions and the hard work he does for the community. Though the joke has been so widespread and repeated that new users genuinely think he has some sort or influence or whatever on the wiki.

Ant is jokingly called the owner of the wiki, due to his contributions and the hard work he does for the community. Though the joke has been so widespread and repeated that new users genuinely think he has some sort or influence or whatever on the wiki.
I mean you can't blame new members for not thinking like that, heck 10 years+ of experience and support to the wiki deserves some own status and importance in the wiki (for free)

Back