• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High School D×D Discussion Thread #3

Dunno it should be added to True DxD G form.

And author always nerfed Ise when he fought agains his nakama's turned it into BS situations sometimes like in duel Ise vs Kiba in Shin 2. Same for Ise vs Rias in Shin 2. They are not close, Azazel with Fafnir Armor that equal Serafall or Grayfia litteraly oneshot Kattlea with Ophis snake who has power equal to first Leaviathan. 2 of Hades Devils - Sonneilon and Gresil litteraly stated to be Maou-class (strong) and also stated to be Devils that surpass Maou-class. Also in Shin 2 stated that they could fought and defeat non-combat type Gods (same as Diehauser)

It's going to look a bit awkward with how the keys are placed. Let's wait for the form to show up again, or maybe I'd swap the keys to make it look better.

It was said somewhere that Issei and Vali will perhaps reach Dragon God-class at the same time, so I can see Vali having his own answer to AxA and ExE.

@Vergil How are Issei's fights in Shin 2 bs? Yuuto didn't even manage to deal substantial damage even though he has dragon slayers (which contradicts going by Volume 16) and Rias didn't hurt Issei at all, and was defeated quickly. Katerea was never stated to be at the level of the original Leviathan even with her snake, only Shalba was stated to be at the level of the original Beelzebub. And armor Azazel has also never been stated to be at the level of Grayfia or Serafall, his strength in that state is still nebulous. The Sonneilon and Gressil one is weird, but it's likely they're comparable to something like Balor arias since she's the only other one called "above Maou-class" or such, and she beat Grayfia without that much issue. Also, I don't get why you keep emphasizing that they can beat non-combat type gods. How is that relevant to this discussion topic?

@Burning Seems like it will require something really convoluted, however, since one of Vali's characteristics in Volume 21 is he wants to be strong without relying on things other than his birth abilities (Divine Dividing and Lucifer demonic power).

How? HOW YOU SAY? Kiba pierce DxD G armor with just Holy Sword with DS ability. Not even by Gram (if it so I could believe in this). What? Rias could damage Ise!!!! It was been stated cleary. But it shouldn't be possible since: Rias Balor ~ Fenrir 80% < 100% Fenrir <= Typhon ~ Thor ~ Vidar with boots < Ise in Pseudo DxD G. Difference is too big for possibility of it. Lol? Kattlea with Ophis snake stronger than base Azazel who is Maou class. But with Fafnir Armor he oneshot her. Again Serafall, Grayfia, Falbium was been called "Masters of Abnormal Power" in DxD Zero because their powers surpass original Maou. Thats why they "Above Maou class" or "Maou-class (strong)". Again they have same feats with Sonneilon and Gresil. Balor Rias fought agains 80% Fenrir on par and Issei stated litteraly that in terms of powers she could give Nyx - primodial goddess of night, a good fight. And Nyx is at least Chief God class by feats alone. Rias isn't "Above Maou-class", her Balor form stated to be "Surpass Maou class".

Are you forgetting that Issei's Dragon Slayer Crimson Blaster, at Ultimate-class Devil level, could tear off Crom Cruach's wing in Volume 16? And with only half of the blast at that. Piercing the Pseudo-DxD armor is pretty tame compared to that. And in the spoilers I read Issei simply mentioned she could have harmed him with an attacks he launched, which I never denied. I just said she didn't hurt him, and that is true. I never said she couldn't if she had hit him. Also, 100% Fenrir and Typhon's placings in your comparison are a bit weird. Typhon and Fenrir have relative playing when it comes to each other by statements, but they are not necessarily around the level of Thor and Vidar with boots. Vidar's boots were made specifically to counter Fenrir, so it's not guaranteed that they would be in such an advantageous position against other opponents, even if they do still give an all-around boost with that not-withstanding. Much like how while Samael can affect non-dragons, it's still much more effective against dragons.

The power levels back in Volume 4 were still very unstable in Ishibumi's mind. You yourself have said that people like Serafall are stronger than the og Maou, whom Azazel should be comparable to, and yet in Volume 4 it was stated that Azazel was either the strongest or the second strongest in the meeting of the three factios. However, that statement is obviously not true as of the current state of things, so using moments from back then is very unreliable.

How is "above Maou-class" and "surpass Maou-class" any different? Are you hearing yourself? "Surpassing" something literally means you are "above" that thing. They are synonyms, and if you don't think so, then at least try to bring some definition of the words that puts them as different.

I agree that statements about power levels from early volumes should be looked at carefully before coming to a conclusion. However, Kiba's statement in Volume 4 never made sense. He says Katerea with Ophis' snake gained power near that of Serafall and Sirzechs - and keep in mind that both never exerted their aura unlike Azazel and Katerea, so Kiba shouldn't be able to judge the full extent of their power - but that Azazel was "the first or second most powerful of those here today!". Katerea with Ophis' snake is weaker than Sirzechs and Serafall, yet she cancelled Azazel's attacks with utter ease. The same Azazel Kiba called the the first or second strongest. The statement is contradicting itself.

Well, I have my own gripes with some parts of Shin DxD 2 but PoD has already been mentioned to be difficult to block or defend against because of its special property of erasing things on contact. Issei already said himself that the best way to try and counter it is to offset it with your own attacks, which is exactly what he did. Balorias has an enhanced PoD, so I don't have much of a problem with the attack affecting Issei's armour. If Rias had attacked Issei with a wave of darkness, it obviously wouldn't have had a visible effect on the armour.

I don't see why the other leaders of the Old Maou faction wouldn't be on par with the previous Maou with Ophis' snake like Shalba. It's not like he's noted to be special among them. If anything, Katerea might even be stronger. She managed to barely hold on against a Maou-class Azazel without Ophis' snake. In comparison, Shalba without Ophis' snake was nearly stomped by an Ultimate-class CxC Issei. He only tagged Issei with an arrow Issei didn't even try dodging.

Actually, I had forgotten that statement that with Ophis' snake her power became similar to Sirzechs' and Serafall's. I seriously hope that's a mistranslation because otherwise I cannot fathom how that paragraph made it past the editing phase.

As for myself I am not really making a statement on Katerea's power level or armored Azazel's because they are very unclear, I am just drawing attention to that fact which makes them really weak bases to draw comparisons from.

Anyhow, you're right about Vali. Ophis' blessing has already allowed him to tap into his latent Lucifer power and I don't think he's going to improve his DxD to the point of matching Issei's ExE. Something has to happen. Maybe something connected to Lucifer will come up.

Also, what abilities does Nyx have aside from the Virgin Killer?

That remind me, can we really put Telos Karma power as Fate Manipulations since he was able to make one of the grim reaper scythe in poor conditions, and somehow that really made me feel like Fate Manipulation along with Probability.

Honestly, I'd prefer if we wait for more showings. But if it's fate, would it apply to Telos Karma normally? Bova said the user can control the fate of the world if it's Telos Karma + Innovate Clear combined, not Telos Karma alone.

Alright so if I got it right and this will be my last post on the topic so I don't derail the main conversation. (Which i apologize for.)

Katarina with ophius snakes and anybody who scales to her is ~60 gigatons due to beinf 10 times stronger then complete balance breaker issei.

Sirzech's Is ~600 gigatons due to being 10 Times stronger then Katarina and Psudo DXD scales to that am I correct?

Okay, now that Indra apparently still considers Pseudo DxD to be "troublesome", I don't want him to put up a good fight against AxA anymore. I now want True DxD vs Indra and maybe Ddraig vs the four Heavenly Kings. Then Xenovia and Irina vs Arjuna or something, idk.

I cant wait to see how Indra Team would fight especially the Four Heavenly Kings themselves.

Since I dont know that much about the Four Kings, can someone tells me how powerful they are in the mythology version?

Sorry again, but I'm just checking since I'm in a debate about Yuuto kiba somewhere else. Nothung can cut through space, it cutting through the atmosphere is a mistranslation right?

Edit: also I just thought of a way to get Beginning of series character's speed. Might not be that impressive but Kiba did dodge a point blank dragon shot that reached a mountain in a short time. (5 seconds in the anime.)

Might be so. In the Japanese Wikipedia page for DxD, it says it can cut through space. Ah, but I was using Google Translate though.

Hmm. I don't know how to calc though.

Also I remember a debate about if Issei's boost increase speed, Well while reading Sairaogs and issei's fight I found this "I made the thrusters on my back go to the maximum, and went towards Sairaorg-san head on. Sairaorg-san also covered his body with Touki, and jumped towards me by kicking the ground! Mine and Sairaorg-san's fists crossed head on! Our fists landed on each others faces like a cross-counter! GOON! Even though I was wearing armour, the intense pain that felt like it will burst my insides went to my head! The helmet got destroyed with that attack! But! I haven't started yet! Let's do it Ddraig! [Ou!] [Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost!!] The boosted power went to my fist. It increased its speed the moment it hit Sairaorg-san's face! BAAAAAAAAAN!"

This may be an instance of it increasings issei's speed but I could be wrong.

Side note should issei's tier's say "likely higher with boosts"?

Since we can't decide how high Issei's tiers are since stacking boosts is a bad idea.

Yeah, we talked about it a bit earlier and it was determined that it likely increases speed. Not sure how I feel about that, personally.

We should probably leave that for extra transformations like dragonification and partial DxD.

May I ask why? For the boost part that is. Since Boosts do seem to exponentially increase his stats.

Edit: also does Divine dividing decrease speed? Again I'm just curious.

I just see it as a bit inconsistent but I don't mind either way. Skim through the first parts of the thread and you'll see the brief discussion.

Yeah, if Boosted Gear increases it.

You mean something like "higher with Boosts" after a tier? Well, that's kinda self-explanatory. I normally don't see it done for characters with stats amplification, only transformations.

Also, have you checked the stuff about Nothung?

I've seen some pages say "higher with (insert technique)" but fair enough.

I don't exactly speak japanese thanks it's some sort of source even if google translate is blah.

Burning Full Fingers said:
Honestly, I'd prefer if we wait for more showings. But if it's fate, would it apply to Telos Karma normally? Bova said the user can control the fate of the world if it's Telos Karma + Innovate Clear combined, not Telos Karma alone.
Mitsuya has only simple versions of Longinus. True user of Telos Karma is Nakiri Momiji - Priestiest of the outer law

Burning Full Fingers said:
Okay, now that Indra apparently still considers Pseudo DxD to be "troublesome", I don't want him to put up a good fight against AxA anymore. I now want True DxD vs Indra and maybe Ddraig vs the four Heavenly Kings. Then Xenovia and Irina vs Arjuna or something, idk.
Indra could spam Infinity blaster class attacks. And Ddraig stated that fightning Indra for him or someone of his calibur

Yeah. Going by the spoilers for Slash Dog 3, I think Momiji is trapped in the game [Denpachi] and forced to clear the game. Just like Mitsuya and Shizuka from the original Denpachi novel.

Back