• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High-Mid Regen changes

Promestein

Resurrection Lily
She/Her
VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired VSB Bureaucrat
High-Mid regeneration has been updated.
The ability to regenerate from being blown/cut to pieces, brain included, or from a small piece of the user's body, such as a finger, or the heart.
Feats that would previously be High-Mid, such as regenerating from just your head, are no longer High-Mid. Nor is simply being dismembered with your head still being intact. Both of these would be Mid. So we're gonna need to go through a number of pages to properly downgrade them all to what they should be under these new standards. I started some already, but I feel it's better to roll it into one thread so we can tackle this as a community.

The debate on this has already been had, so let's not focus on complaining about this; High-Mid now necessitates regenerating from greater destruction than it did before, or at the very least, from a smaller bit of your body than your whole head.

Slightly unrelated, but Cap America should be Low-Mid overtime, instead of Mid.

I will think about other characters who need to be updated according to the new changes.

Eh... I'd say headshots are kinda iffy territory, that could be Low-Mid or Mid depending on the damage.

To clarify, a headless body that regenerates/regrows a whole new head qualifies as Mid Regen, while a whole intact head (No damage) regenerating/regrowing a whole new body also qualifies as Mid?

Last edited:
Wasn't it decided that unless big chunks of the brain were destroyed, headshots count as Low-Mid?

Like, this is a headshot that grants Mid regen.

To clarify, a headless body that regenerates/regrows a whole new head qualifies as Mid Regen, while a whole intact head (No damage) regenerating/regrowing a whole new body also qualifies as Mid?
yes. If you think about it both of them are decapitated, so. Just think about it like that.

yes. If you think about it both of them are decapitated, so. Just think about it like that.

Does regenerating from this qualify as Mid Regen?
images
Or does Mid Level Regeneration specifically start from the neck and up?

Chest and his head? That's Low-Mid.
About this:
regenerating from just your head
would be Mid
So would any character capable of regenerating their body from a head be automatically given Mid Level Regeneration? Or would they still need to provide sufficient proof that they're also capable of regenerating from severe brain damage instead of just being able to regenerate their body?

Regenerating from just a head is Mid.

That is not regenerating from just a head, they're regenerating from their chest and head. It's just good Low-Mid.

Regenerating from just a head is Mid.

That is not regenerating from just a head, they're regenerating from their chest and head. It's just good Low-Mid.
I'm not even using the image I posted as an example anymore so why go back to that?

So what, we're just give any character capable of regenerating their body from their head Mid Regeneration without proof that they're able to survive severe brain damage?

E.g. Character X is shown to regenerate their whole body from their head but can be killed if suffering severe brain damage.

You're essentially regenerating from decapitation and thus would also probably regenerate if you were decapitated normally, which is Mid.

You're essentially regenerating from decapitation and thus would also probably regenerate if you were decapitated normally, which is Mid.
Being decapitated just leaves the head, skull, and brain intact.

What if in a scenario, a character can survive and regenerate from being decapitated (Head, Skull, and Brain Intact) but can be easily killed if his head were to be compromised (Skull destroyed, Brain destroyed)?

They can regenerate their body from their head but otherwise die if their head is destroyed.

Now would that still be Mid Level Regeneration or just very potent Low-Mid Level Regeneration?

If they're just reattaching their head it's Low-Mid.

If they regenerate from just the head but would die if it's destroyed, it's the shittiest level of Mid; decapitation isn't lethal, but would be for most Low-Mid regenerators.

If they regenerate from just the head but would die if it's destroyed, it's the shittiest level of Mid;
Alright, so characters capable of regenerating from their head automatically qualify for Mid Level Regeneration.

But if caveats are present they should be listed in their "Weaknesses" section if a situation similar to what I described is apparent right?

If they're just reattaching their head it's Low-Mid.

If they regenerate from just the head but would die if it's destroyed, it's the shittiest level of Mid; decapitation isn't lethal, but would be for most Low-Mid regenerators.
What about Wolverine?

He got his entire body vaped save for his adamantium skeleton, his brain and eyeballs, he had to regenerate his entire nervous system, circulatory system and organs, muscular system and then the skin. But he can still die from decap.

I think Wolverine should be Low-Mid personally, the only obviously Mid regen feat is him regenerating from a regen-nulling bullet after a lethal headshot because it got removed from his head, which makes no sense. (TFW your regen nulling weapons only work when they're in the body.) And, personally, I'd say that's just the peak of Low-Mid regen, the feat you listed.

I made a separate thread about this but Anime Dedede should go down to High-Mid, his regen is from a pair of eyes and ash.

Regen from a Skeleton is typically treated as High-Mid...? Then again Brook's... base state is a skeleton, he's not regenerating organs or anything. So Low-Mid I guess yeah. Or Body Control. Or both.

I mean, a walking skeleton without any biological matter that keeps it intact is already naturally impossible, so his bones are either kept together by a supernatural force granted by the Yomi Yomi fruit, or they attach to each other like a toy (I can't find a better example), so I don't thinl he's regenerating anything at all.

Personally, I'd call it just Body Control, although I remember he could heal cracks and stuff by drinking milk, although that's a limited form of Mid-Low, I think.

I mean, a walking skeleton without any biological matter that keeps it intact is already naturally impossible, so his bones are either kept together by a supernatural force granted by the Yomi Yomi fruit, or they attach to each other like a toy (I can't find a better example), so I don't thinl he's regenerating anything at all.

Personally, I'd call it just Body Control, although I remember he could heal cracks and stuff by drinking milk, although that's a limited form of Mid-Low, I think.
@KingTempest @Damage3245 what do you think?

I don't think Brook should have Regeneration tbh. Not at that level.

Just Body Control is fitting for him reattaching his head.

Though "Limited Mid-Low Regeneration" for him healing the cracks in his bones could be okay.

I don't think Brook should have Regeneration tbh. Not at that level.

Just Body Control is fitting for him reattaching his head.

Though "Limited Mid-Low Regeneration" for him healing the cracks in his bones could be okay.
Nah, we don't add "Limited" for Regen, we just note down how the regen works in the description with its weakness.

It's not like we go around giving people "Limited Low-Godly" or some shit.

Nah, we don't add "Limited" for Regen, we just note down how the regen works in the description with its weakness.

Well, I meant limited in the sense that he regenerates bone but he doesn't regenerate flesh.

There's gonna be changes to High-Mid again soon so just let this sit for a bit while I get to handling that.

Back