• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

KingEzran

He/Him
This is Spider-Man (Insomniac) vs Shigeo Kageyama.

- Speed equalized

- The Big Time suit is used

- Both are bloodlusted

- Win via death

Votes:

Spider-Man: 0

Mob: 0

Inconclusive: 0

APs:

Spidey's AP: 3.65 tons

Mob's AP: Over 3.09 tons

Last edited:
Both are bloodlusted? What stops Mob from just twisting Spider-Man like a pretzel in mid-air or squeezing his throat? He lacks flight so he can't even leverage himself out of his hold.

Both are bloodlusted? What stops Mob from just twisting Spider-Man like a pretzel in mid-air or squeezing his throat? He lacks flight so he can't even leverage himself out of his hold.
I could enable the Big Time suit. If Mob can't see Peter clearly, or at all, he might end up aiming at nothing. And trying to find a psychic presence would be useless since Spider-Man is not an esper. If it's still too much of a stomp, you can close it.

Last edited:
I'll point out that esper sensing can extend to non-espers, considering what Shimazaki could do but I guess it's a bit unclear whether that was a general ability or something Shimazaki honed himself.

That and Mob can see through the invisibility of ghosts so it would depend on how it works in specific.

That said, he can just create a blanket forcefield and create large area smashes of telekinesis to flush him out. Then it'd just be a matter of holding him up whether by his suit or in a forcefield and just shrink it and wait for him to suffocate. Or smash him around.

I'll point out that esper sensing can extend to non-espers, considering what Shimazaki could do but I guess it's a bit unclear whether that was a general ability or something Shimazaki honed himself.

That and Mob can see through the invisibility of ghosts so it would depend on how it works in specific.

That said, he can just create a blanket forcefield and create large area smashes of telekinesis to flush him out. Then it'd just be a matter of holding him up whether by his suit or in a forcefield and just shrink it and wait for him to suffocate. Or smash him around.
Even with Shimazaki, he didn't sense Reigen's presence coming towards him because Reigen is an esper so skilled he can disguise his presence. Granted, he was explicitly focusing on espers at the time. Although, if you look at the description for his Extrasensory Perception on his page, it does seem to imply that this is just a him thing. "Far superior to any normal esper. While he, like other espers, can see spirits and the aura of other espers, Ryo can use ESP to gain omnidirectional vision and greatly enhanced senses"

But then again, that's more so of Mob's Non-Physical Interaction towards spirits. We get a gauge of how that interaction actually works when it comes to characters like Sho. Sho uses his psychic abilities to manipulate the light around his body, pretty much making himself invisible. When he did that, he was even inconspicuous to espers like Mob and Ritsu who were right there and should have been able to find his presence.

Now this is more so where I think Spider-Man is given more of a chance. Precognition might actually work on these techniques more so. I'm not saying he wins, I'm just saying he has a lot more opportunity in this hypothetical.

But then again, that's more so of Mob's Non-Physical Interaction towards spirits. We get a gauge of how that interaction actually works when it comes to characters like Sho. Sho uses his psychic abilities to manipulate the light around his body, pretty much making himself invisible. When he did that, he was even inconspicuous to espers like Mob and Ritsu who were right there and should have been able to find his presence.
I suppose so. Still, Mob can make blanket attacks to flush him out or estimate his position then just lock down his joints. Or cover the area with a forcefield, shrink it then wait.

Does Spider-Man have any oneshot abilities? If not then it might be a stomp since it's just a matter of time.

Then again, Spidey might manage to retreat from his range and regroup before he uses the field but that depends on him knowing what to look out for which he doesn't. Then there's Mob being able to replicate powers that he's seen before to worry about.

Alright then.

Just to clarify, Mob shouldn't be able to replicate Spidey's powers. Mob's replicated powers from spirits and other espers. Something that's directly based on mutation or technology, I doubt Mob would be able to replicate that. But all the other evidence still stands, so I suppose this is a stomp.

.....That's what I meant. He'd be able to replicate powers he's seen before from other espers (though it's far from something he opens up with).

Back