• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Both High 8-C speed equalized

Azula: 1

Purple Worm: 6

Incon:

Last edited:
Aight so Azula has the AP edge by 1.48921129515 and is far smarter then her
On the other hand if the Purple Worm poisons her she doesn't really have any counter to it and while it's animalistic it's likely smart enough to understand that just swallowing her is a bad idea considering she can shoot fire and considering the thing is massive and can attack from the underground while also feel her location when ever she's on the ground I think it could land the shot

Ig she could fly in the air and attack from there but like the Purple Worm can burrow further in the ground so

Azula is no stranger to range spamming and attacking while flying. So she can keep her distance and keep attacking until she dies

Azula can't predict the earthworm's movements while it's underground, and even though it can fly, it would tire Azula very quickly if she just kept using it, I believe the purple earthworm can take this via movement under the ground, poison and refined senses

Azula can't predict the earthworm's movements while it's underground, and even though it can fly, it would tire Azula very quickly if she just kept using it, I believe the purple earthworm can take this via movement under the ground, poison Enhanced Senses and Reduction of Statistics via Poison

Yeah, wasn't one of Azula's more critical battles one she lost because of her own stamina mismanagement?
On that grounds, I'm not sure she could win a battle of attrition, so I guess I'll vote the worm for now.

I remember earthbender have all kind of tricks like manipulate underground to remove enemy mobility or stuff, my memory are a bit hazy. Aside from that, i doubt a skilled fighter like Azula would get caught off guard easily, especially since a creature of this size would make a noticeable earthquake.

I remember earthbender have all kind of tricks like manipulate underground to remove enemy mobility or stuff, my memory are a bit hazy. Aside from that, i doubt a skilled fighter like Azula would get caught off guard easily, especially since a creature of this size would make a noticeable earthquake.
in the sozin comet even without bending she dodged ALL the attacks from Aang, Toph and Sokka

It doesn’t, at least above ground
It literally just leaves tunnels behind it by eating it
Plus this doesn’t change the fact that it can just burrow further to the earth to avoid all her hits, D&D creatures have fairly high stamina so
in the sozin comet even without bending she dodged ALL the attacks from Aang, Toph and Sokka
Okay and
Those were all attacks she could properly see, I don’t think this translates to “I can predict where a giant worm will pop from the underground”

Yes, earthbenders have these tricks, but not the ones Azula faced
Not all atacks and she was captured, in addition to this blue being a different key from the one we are using

I'm not going to vote for anyone just yet but Azula can generate lightning. I'm not sure if she's ever struck the ground with it, but it's a viable tactic to shock the ground like some people irl do when they're catching worms.

Well assuming it's relatively moist soil like Central Park's, the Worm theoretically isn't safe since the ground acts as a conductor of electricity. I'm just stating in theory that Azula could use her lightning to shock the ground and draw it out much like how fishermen use electricity to draw out earthworms.

I don't know much about either, just stating a plausible way for Azula to get around the current issue of reaching the worm underground.

Well assuming it's relatively moist soil like Central Park's, the Worm theoretically isn't safe since the ground acts as a conductor of electricity. I'm just stating in theory that Azula could use her lightning to shock the ground and draw it out much like how fishermen use electricity to draw out earthworms.
well, I doubt that even if she has a high intelligence she would think of this plan right away, besides the worm can only bury itself deep D+ to be affected by the lightning in this case, (Also, if the firebender rays worked so, it would be much better for them to aim the beam at the ground when they are going to fight for the electricity to spread and have a better chance of hitting the opponent)

in the end, even with this possibility, the earthworm still has the biggest advantage in my opinion, especially with the blue one having no idea how the earthworm's senses work.

And even in direct combat, the worm would not be so easy to defeat since it knows martial arts (with the mouth...)

And even in direct combat, the worm would not be so easy to defeat since it knows martial arts (with the mouth...)
It has skills man
I fail to see how that'd make it go up

It doesn’t, at least above ground
It literally just leaves tunnels behind it by eating it
Plus this doesn’t change the fact that it can just burrow further to the earth to avoid all her hits, D&D creatures have fairly high stamina so

Okay and
Those were all attacks she could properly see, I don’t think this translates to “I can predict where a giant worm will pop from the underground”
Not really though, large creature usually make small earthquakes when moving underground and Azula would noticed the ground being cracked then avoid it.

Once she've seen how its move, she can form a tactic to trick it.

Not really though, large creature usually make small earthquakes when moving underground and Azula would noticed the ground being cracked then avoid it..
You know it's just long right?
It'd just create a tunnel underground, in D&D there are actual abilities to shake the ground iirc and Purple Worm doesn't have it
Once she've seen how its move, she can form a tactic to trick it.
Again what tactic she has that can counter it going further underground
She can't keep flying forever so

You know it's just long right?
It'd just create a tunnel underground, in D&D there are actual abilities to shake the ground iirc and Purple Worm doesn't have it

Again what tactic she has that can counter it going further underground
She can't keep flying forever so
Exactly what i'm saying. It isn't ability but logic, if the Worm can make tunnel underground then it will at least caused some kind of quakes or cracked the ground.

It seem like Worm can only attack her by emerging from the ground and Azula can propel herself to avoid it. She will eventually found its pattern and took it to advantage.

Exactly what i'm saying. It isn't ability but logic, if the Worm can make tunnel underground then it will at least caused some kind of quakes or cracked the ground.
No not really
It isn't pushing ground away it's eating through it like a regular earth worm, only its more extreme since it doesn't leave stuff behind it so
Azula is not predicting when it'll emerage man, she loses

No not really
It isn't pushing ground away it's eating through it like a regular earth worm, only its more extreme since it doesn't leave stuff behind it so
Azula is not predicting when it'll emerage man, she loses
For normal worm, it is correct but a creature of this size that wouldn't make the ground collapsed by eating through it sound really inconsequential, don't you think?

For normal worm, it is correct but a creature of this size that wouldn't make the ground collapsed by eating through it sound really inconsequential, don't you think?
The ground collapsing still wouldn't let her predict its movments?
It'd just burrow down again lol

Last edited:
In lore this has quite literally never happened. I'm not going to say it is absolutely impossible for her to feel tremors or somesuch, but it is goofy to assume it is the automatic assumption that she does.

My vote for the worm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back