• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High 8-C Tournament (Round 1, Match 7) Rabbit VS Claire Rouge

Rabbit has the numbers advantage thanks to his zombies, likely better skill in combat, especially to the death, and better melee combat. Assuming the zombies keep their unique powers (I don't remember if they do), Dragon and Snake can see and sense Claire's location respectively, and Monkey is a powerhouse.

Claire has much higher range, has high intelligence herself and is a good strategist. Her flames can perma-kill Rabbit's zombies, she has a larger set of powers, access to healing, can both burn and freeze, End of Vermillion bypasses durability. Ortlinde is stronger than Claire and compensates for her lack of melee power. Also, Claire's higher LS can be useful against Rabbit thanks to Flame Chain. The downside is that she can't have both Scarlet/Ortlinde and Flametongue active at the same time; she can freely switch between the two, but it's one or the other.

This one is pretty hard. Whichever way it goes, it will likely be close. For now, I'm leaning towards Claire.

With Claire's starting range advantage, she's free to cast a barrage of Fireballs and Fire Bursts, boosted by Flames of Elstein, something she has done. With both of these spells' large AoE, some of the zombies, if not all, can be dealt with (or at least deal significant damage). Boar's guns aren't much of an issue with her Instinctive Reactions. When they get closer, End of Vermillion and Frost Blaze, her strongest spells, should do it. Claire is also consistently effective at fighting multiple opponents at once.

With such an initial disadvantage in numbers + starting distance, I don't see Claire using her whip, instead using her spirit. She's plenty strong as a cat, but her human form is much more powerful, surpassing Claire, and defeating opponents Claire was struggling against.

If Rabbit or Monkey get close, it will be much harder for Claire, but as long as Ortlinde is around, I believe it's winnable for her even then.

Base Claire is 3.12 tons at a lowball. The match uses her 2nd key, so she's higher than that, and Ortlinde is higher than that herself

@Golden Rabbits zombies have actually fought, matched, and nearly killed people with instinctive reactions before, plus shes going to be dealing with several hundred zombies attacking her at any given moment seeing as he has Chickens birds on top of two people who can reduce her to dust on contact

I remember scenes like that in the anime, yes. The birds aren't as strong as the zombified Zodiac fighters, however.

Who can turn her to dust? Dragon and Monkey?

Who is that "someone"? I've seen the show, but nothing comes to mind.

Of course AP matters, but it's not the end-all be-all. Claire's arsenal can easily put Rabbit's zombies to rest. She's smart enough, analytical enough and quick enough to handle herself here, as she moreover has fought a zombie before. Ang again, Claire is consistently good at fighting multiple opponents at once, let alone when she outranges them by a lot.

Of course, I'm not blind, if Rabbit or zombie-Monkey reach her in melee, they'll have the upper hand, but Claire isn't some low-rank newbie who doesn't know how to fight; she's not useless if it comes to close range.

GoldenScorpions said:
Who is that "someone"? I've seen the show, but nothing comes to mind.

Of course AP matters, but it's not the end-all be-all. Claire's arsenal can easily put Rabbit's zombies to rest. She's smart enough, analytical enough and quick enough to handle herself here, as she moreover has fought a zombie before. Ang again, Claire is consistently good at fighting multiple opponents at once, let alone when she outranges them by a lot.
Dragon, the feat he performed is literally him creating a crater by falling out of the sky

Rabbit is also smart enough to recognize his opponent is using his main weakness, fire, and would likely avoid leading with direct combat seeing as he immediately recognized that dragon was wielding a flamethrower and killed him the second he wasnt paying attention.

GoldenScorpions said:
Of course, I'm not blind, if Rabbit or zombie-Monkey reach her in melee, they'll have the upper hand, but Claire isn't some low-rank newbie who doesn't know how to fight; she's not useless if it comes to close range.
Compared to monkey though? Hell dragon and snake even in pieces were giving one of the best martial artists and the best swordsman in the world a run for their money

WeeklyBattles said:
Rabbit is also smart enough to recognize his opponent is using his main weakness, fire, and would likely avoid leading with direct combat seeing as he immediately recognized that dragon was wielding a flamethrower and killed him the second he wasnt paying attention.
Rabbit avoiding direct combat seems more of an advantage to Claire, as she stills outranges them and would give her more time for using more Fireballs and Fire Bursts, + her strongest spells. Frost Blaze also freezes anything it hits

Also isnt she weak to earth and water attacks? Monkey has the ability to use both of those things

I honestly thing Monkey is the biggest threat to Claire. Boar won't do much, Snake is countered hard, and the birds, while many of them, aren't strong enough.

Im curious though, does she have feats of avoiding hundreds of attacks simultaneously while also dodging a hail of bullets and multiple opponents who in and of themselves can fight and beat people who have instinctive reaction?

WeeklyBattles said:
Also isnt she weak to earth and water attacks? Monkey has the ability to use both of those things
She is disadvantaged against water/earth, but as I rewatched Monkey's scenes in the anime, her transmutation is close ranged. Which again brings us back to Claire having the advantage in range, and Monkey having the advantage in melee

You've only watched the anime I presume? I'm guessing you dont know about the manga scene where monkey creates and manipulates a giant stone fist to try to crush rat with then

The zombie-birds aren't as strong as the Zodiac fighters, and are also weak to fire. Wall of Fire is enough for that. Claire can handle multiple opponents at a time from different directions.

The bullets don't have the same AP as the other Zodiacs, though. Fire spells and her own agility can handle that. Boar being the only long-ranged person on Rabbit's team, she's likely to get burned down first. Plus, on their way to Claire, Monkey and Rabbit will meet Ortlinde, who's on par with the protagonist and bypasses durability.

A weaker Claire managed to briefly fight against her sister, who outmatches her in every aspect; Post-awakening Claire is superior to that. She has fought characters with instinctive reactions, too

WeeklyBattles said:
You've only watched the anime I presume? I'm guessing you dont know about the manga scene where monkey creates and manipulates a giant stone fist to try to crush rat with the
I've only watched the Zodiac anime, yes

Even when they were alive the birds reduced boar to a skeleton and tore one man army amped chicken you know. They're actually rather strong.

Actually no, the bullets do scale to the high 8-C zodiacs with quite a lot of evidence backing it up.

GoldenScorpions said:
I've only watched the Zodiac anime, yes
Ill post the scan of it but she created a giant fist of stone to both try to crush rat and to use as a projectie

Boar's profile has her AP at 8-C+ and Durability at Wall

The birds attacking Boar couldn't one-shot her. They had to continuously do chip damage for several seconds before finishing her off and eating her. 1 single bird wouldn't have done anything.

Also, Chicken's One Man Army buff had ran out when the birds ate her.

GoldenScorpions said:
Boar's profile has her AP at 8-C+ and Durability at Wall

The birds attacking Boar couldn't one-shot her. They had to continuously do chip damage for several seconds before finishing her off and eating her. 1 single bird wouldn't have done anything.

Also, Chicken's One Man Army buff had ran out when the birds ate her.
Huh? I couldve sworn i adjusted her profile when i updated the verse, my bad, she should be high 8-C with her guns.

Back