• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High 8-C Tournament Match 4 (Kat vs Renamon X)

Well regardless to format my new argument.

Based on the information above I vote inconclusive here.

I still hold that the environment based illusions will be useful enough to catch Kat off guard and while Kat has all these gravity based powers, considering the Central park area and Renamon's tricky transformation abilities and the other stuff she can do via her information based powers like turning herself invisible or transforming into a stone and releasing a poisonous gas would still give her the ability to counter Kat's abilities. Not to mention that Overwrite could come into play with Renamon rewriting her own data to adapt to this scenario and possibly even gain a resistance to Gravity based powers, if not just getting a huge stat boost. It is also stated that Renamon do not power fight, so she uses her speed and various techniques to fight. Thus she is more than likely to use the various skills in her arsenal, especially her texture based skills. Her texture powers are an imporved version of her previous ones and thus seeing as she can completely change her appearance, this more than likely extends to the appearance of various aspects of the evironment and objects.

On the other hand, Kat has the gravity powers and methods to avoid direct damage and due to how her abilities work and the fact that they don't just come from her, she doesn't have to worry about Power Mimicry. Not to mention, those Black Holes are deadly giving her some neat options as well.

This basically depends on how well each uses their arsenal.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
It's not that hard to figure out when the move description flat out means that she edits the textures and considering Renamon's other texture based ability like her own to turn herself into literally a complete copy of her foes shows that her texturing process goes beyond fleshy tones. I don't even know how that would affect another Digimon.
Potential Ôëá Application. In terms of how favorably to a characters fighting it is the ranking goes: Full Potential > Bloodlusted > In Character.

In an in character match an ability that could be used for much is irrelevant if we don't that that it also is used like that.

Yhwach is a prime example of that, having a ton of abilities he never uses to their actual potential.

Like...the micro ones? Or the big one that's a suicide move?
Likely Both. At least the micro ones, though.

"Potential Ôëá Application. In terms of how favorably to a characters fighting it is the ranking goes: Full Potential > Bloodlusted > In Character."

Except going by Renamon's other texture based abilities and the fact that she can create visual illusions by doing so leads to the obvious conclusion. Not to mention her official profile directly states that she uses her powers to manipulate texture in combat in character. Her entire fighting style revolves around this trickery and controlling the battlefield with her abilities. So yes it is in character for her to do so. Same for her transformation skills.

"How potent is the poison gas? Does it kill in a time shorter than the fight? In principle Kat should be able to defend herself from it through gravity stuff. She can gather water with her stasis field, so I think she likely could also do so with gas."

Considering how poison skills work in Digimon, it damages each time you make a move until you die from it.

"Posing as a rock might be a good strategy, but would be retaliated against once she does anything. It gives a hit, but brings Renamon into the close combat situation she doesn't wish to be in. And works only once. Kat can also regenerate via Ultra Black Hole."

Of course, but at the same time, Renamon could simply teleport away. You mean, regenerate after she's killed? Renamon would simply absorb Kat at that point. It's 100% in character for a Digimon to absorb a deceased opponent. How does this regen work?

"You said at the nomination that invisibility isn't something she uses in an offensive way, so I guess it's just for running away?"

Invisibility would be something she uses in a more tactical way. Is that too hax for this tournament (despite Ms. Gravity here)?

It's not a solid thing, however from my experience on this site, we list all possibilities and take all abilities into account when deciding a victor. I agree with the logic of addressing all possible abilities a character could and would use. Especially with Digimon who can basically do anything at anytime and for the most part have no set character. This is how we've been debating. Part of these battles is using speculatory tactics that a character may reasonably use. That's how I debate and that's how I've seen many vs debates on this site. Maybe this needs to be addressed on a separate thread as we constantly see the argument of "if X character sees Y event happening, then it is likely that X character will perform Z move."

I however do truly understand your point of view on how these debates should run. I however do disagree as for me the nature of Vs Battles alone put characters into situations that are different than their usual fights and thus determining how they could realistically use their powers in these scenarios is apart of these vs debates.

"Is the Regenerationn notable? The digimon physiology page gives no particular level of regen, so it sounded like Low or Mid-Low."

She can regenerate damage deep enough to harm her wireframe (which is the equivalent of say, bones in a way). So more Mid-High Low. Basically as long as that wireframe is still intact, she can keep healing herself and restoring it. Not to mention Anti-Poison which also heals her.

I retain my vote for inconclusive.

Wait, how does turning herself into a black hole work?

• Micro Black Hole: Cat spins around herself engulfing herself in gravity creating a micro black hole. The black hole drags in the things around it and destroy what touches its center.
  • Singularity: Kat can transform herself into a singularity and by that seal others inside an inescapeable blackhole. In doing so Kat either sacrifices herself or requires a year to escape it. (Which of the two is correct is left open by the game's ending, though the latter is strongly implied). Notably she sealed the Destructive Force using this method.
I assume these are the methods.

You know I didn't consider that a match would get this many incon votes.

Question is what I do with that regarding the bracket.

There are mainly two options imo:

1. I ignore the incon votes and let the character with the most votes advance.

2. I interpret the incon votes as votes towards deciding the match per coin toss, so that if the majority votes incon cointoss decides even if the characters have votes otherwise.

Which one do you like better?

There is no certainty that in the future there'll be anyone voting for a character while the incon is the main one.

I think I'll go incon fra too.

There are technically still a few hours (don't think we had 7 votes yet).... I was also just thinking up a cool protocol to do cheat proof coin flips ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I don't really know either verse well enough to have any bias, I go on CRTs when Dragon asks tho

If you don't trust me that's fine

Eh, guess it would look bad if I redo the coin flip when Renamon won... So I guess it advances.

Though for reference here's how coin flips should be done:

Alice favors Character 1.

Bob favors Character 2.

They use this page to help with their "coin flip".

Alice chooses either Black or White and enters it on the website. Then she chooses a random key.

She encrypts the message and posts the encrypted version in the thread.

Since Bob doesn't know the key Alice chose he doesn't know her choice.

Bob now chooses either Black or White and posts his choice on the thread (no encryption necessary).

Once Bob has posted Alice posts they key to her encrypted message.

Now Bob can decrypt Alice's original message with the key and knows what Alice's original choice was.

Now everyone knows what they chose. If both chose the same color then Character 1 wins. If they chose different colors Character 2 wins.

Here's an example of how the exchange would look like:

Alice: PSnD8mj4gye0xOnSTm6FLQ==

Bob: I choose Black!

Alice: My key was "ThisIsARandomKey".

Character 2 wins.

Can this be added in their Profiles or does the votes need to get 7 in total since Inconclusive looks like it only has 4 votes, although it will be 5 votes with mine...

Inconclusive FRA

Back