• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High 7-A+ Upgrades (One Punch Man)

In chapter 86 of One Punch Man, Gyoro Gyoro tried to recruit Garou into the Monster Association as a Cadre. Hellfire Flame and Gale Wind state that Garou is not strong enough to fill in the gaps left by Gouketsu and Elder Centipede. They also say that they are stronger than Garou, and imply that they would be a better choice to try to fill in the Gouketsu and EC's spots.

Through this, it is clear that Gouketsu and EC are > HF and Gale.

This would make Gouketsu, Pre-Molt EC, and those who scale to them 'Possibly High 7-A+'.

Attack Potency: Possibly Large Mountain level+ (Genos, who has witnessed an all-out battle between Superalloy Darkshine and Carnage Kabuto in the VGS, believed that Gouketsu was more powerful than the latter.Implied to be comparable, if not superior, to Hellfire Flame and Gale Wind.), possibly higher (Genos found his strength somewhat reminiscent of Saitama, whom he witnessed nullifying most of the meteor's impact energy, even believing that the latter needed to team up with multiple heroes to defeat him as safely as possible)

Attack Potency: Possibly Large Mountain level+ (One of the strongest members of the Monster Association. Almost leveled a whole city when he was younger and smaller. Is more powerful that Hellfire Flame and Gale Wind. Can harm Bang and Bomb. Gyoro Gyoro estimated that only the stronger members of the S-Class could challenge him) | At least Large Mountain level+ (Much bigger and stronger than before. Bang thought he needed to use Awakening Breath to fight him)

Small City level (Created a large explosion with Spiral Incineration Cannon. His Jet Drive Arrow is this powerful. Stated by Garou to be comparable to Tanktop Master), higher with Self-Destruction. At least Large Mountain level+ with Ultra Spiral Incineration Cannon (Could harm Post-Molt Elder Centipede)

Attack Potency: Possibly Large Mountain level+ (Considered one of the pillars of the Hero world alongside Superalloy Darkshine, even overwhelming him in a sparring match, although he is vastly inferior in raw strength. Ripped through Gums and overpowered Fuhrer Ugly. Shattered Elder Centipede's carapace. Has a friendly rivalry with Atomic Samurai who holds the utmost respect for him, despite refusing to acknowledge those he considers as weak) | At least Large Mountain level+ (Managed to battle and crack the face of a sleeping Pre-Awakening Garou, but it was stated that if even a single hit from Garou were to land on him, he would lose, which eventually proved to be true)

Attack Potency: Possibly Large Mountain level+ (Stated by Fubuki to be just as strong as his brother. Bomb and Bang often fight together, and Bomb can hold his own with him. Although Bang fought seriously, a held-back Bomb effortlessly defeated him in their youth. His skills have also been stated to be on the level of an S-Class Hero. Shattered Elder Centipede’s carapace by using the Whirlwind Water Stream Roaring Aura Sky Ripping Fist alongside Bang. Squished the remains of Orochi with Bang. Held his own for a considerable amount of time against Peak Half-Monster Garou even after having had his energy drained by Fubuki)

I know there are a lot more, but these are the first characters that popped up in my mind.

Last edited:
Is more powerful that Hellfire Flame and Gale Wind
I didn’t say this on Discord, but I think a better way to word this would be “Implied to be comparable, if not superior, to Hellfire Flame and Gale Wind.”

Since Gale and Hellfire imply that they’re strong enough to replace Gouketsu and EC, which would imply that they’re relative, not necessarily inferior.

I didn’t say this on Discord, but I think a better way to word this would be “Implied to be comparable, if not superior, to Hellfire Flame and Gale Wind.”

Since Gale and Hellfire imply that they’re strong enough to replace Gouketsu and EC, which would imply that they’re relative, not necessarily inferior.
Makes sense

I don't think that really makes sense. That implies that to be a cadre the minimum attack potency you would need is on the threshold of Gouketsu or Elder Centipede, when the two ninja bros aren't really saying that.

They're saying Garou is not strong enough to be a cadre (not that they really know Garou's strength directly).

So Cadres > Garou.

They're saying they're stronger than Garou (they believe themselves to be at least).

So Ninjas Bros > Garou.

This does not make all Cadres = Ninja Bros, or the two dead Cadre = Ninja Bros either. They're not calling themselves comparable to the deceased Cadres.

They are saying that they may be strong enough to fill the shoes of EC and Gouketsu.
They don't seem to say "may be" to me. At least, there's no implied doubt or implication that the two Cadres were stronger than them.

I don't see any good scaling between those two and the Ninja Bros. It seems better to me to judge them on their own feats and scaling.

They don't seem to say "may be" to me. At least, there's no implied doubt or implication that the two Cadres were stronger than them.
"We've got members here that are even more powerful than the S-Class. Especially.... our Cadres who have a disaster level of 'Dragon'."

"Disaster level is reserved for those on the level of Monster Association Cadres"

After all, the other S-Class members might have a tough time dealing with your speed.

These links/scans I've provided, especially the last one, clearly shows that Gouketsu is above HF and Gale.

Flashy implied that the other S-Class can take them out, but they would just have trouble with the speed, while for Gouketsu, Genos stated that to get rid of him effectively, a team of S-Class heroes would be needed to take him out safely.

"We've got members here that are even more powerful than the S-Class. Especially.... our Cadres who have a disaster level of 'Dragon'."

The Ninja Bros are also Dragon.

"Disaster level is reserved for those on the level of Monster Association Cadres"

Technically that should be "researved for Cadres and canditates to be cadres." The Ninja Bros were being considered for candidacy as Cadres of the Monster Association. That doesn't prove that every Dragon level in the Monster Association was stronger than them or comparable to them.

After all, the other S-Class members might have a tough time dealing with your speed.
Flashy implied that the other S-Class can take them out, but they would just have trouble with the speed, while for Gouketsu

Flashy isn't saying that he believes every member of S-Class has the strength to kill the Ninja Bros. He is right that they'd struggle with the speed they display, but he isn't saying the S-Class is comparable to them in all other aspects than speed. (Especially given how we know the strength of the S-Class varies dramatically)

Genos stated that to get rid of him effectively, a team of S-Class heroes would be needed to take him out safely.

Genos isn't exactly an accurate judge here, considering he's also envision Tatsumaki being part of that coalition of heroes against Gouketsu and he has no idea what Tatsumaki's true power level is at that time. Genos seems to be high-balling Gouketsu extensively.

Last edited:
Dissagree for same reasons as damage
Tho scaling Gouketsu to island since he seen tatsumaki doing the 6c feat should be fine

Uhh i Would like to point out
Since we scale Darkshine and Acid Fuhre Ugly above Base Bang it upgrades them too(when High 7-A+ rating comes from FF taking hits from and dameging PS and taking hits from Garou)

The ninja bros downscale from FF.
Well yeah but they still close to FF who we have as not even twice weaker than Platinum Sperm
Darkshine ap by our words is significantlt above Base Bang who alongside Bomb can fully crack EC(who we seemingly have as ~)
Darkshine durability is far above his ap (since Half Monster Garou wasn't doing major damage to his chest who is stronger than the one who matched Darkshine in a clash)
Via this i would say Darkshine durability should be above the ninjas if Ec is truly ~
problem is Golden Sperm one shotted him and seemingly broke some muscles albeit not sure with this one
Platinum Sperm has 5 times morr cells than Golden Sperm (iirc we used this to have PS to be 5 stronger than GS) so uh i don't think this can work

Well yeah but they still close to FF who we have as not even twice weaker than Platinum Sperm
They are not at all close to FF. They scratched him and hit him away. FF let them do that in order to get them in one spot. FF is leagues above them, and he even says it himself.
Platinum Sperm has 5 times morr cells than Golden Sperm (iirc we used this to have PS to be 5 stronger than GS) so uh i don't think this can work
That's not true, but even if it was, we don't use that multiplier.

Makes sense. A supporting argument would be that BS (with GS) doesn't think he can beat King. He only knew King had one shot Post Molt EC. Gyoro Gyoro thought some trump card above King was the one to kill Gouketsu.

Back