• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High 7-A bracket Round 2 (Mikoto vs Link)

First_Witch

VS Battles
Retired
latest

Round 2 of the High 7-A Bracket beginns!

The 2 fighters are Misaka Mikoto and Link

The battle takes place in a sealed off Central Park, both combatants start 30 meters apart.​
Link:
Misaka Mikoto:

latest
latest

To what number are Mikoto's amps being limited and where does she start (again, anything from 1GT to 100GT is valid)? And is she Bloodlust or IC? Most part of her L6S she was bloodlust, but it was due to outside interference.

Uhm, she starts and stays at High 7-A? And yeah, sure, shes a glass cannon so shes bloodlusted

Okay, but where in H7A? Since she is a glass cannon and all, i would allow Mikoto to be at 4.2GT since the start, to have a bit of advantage, also, speed is equal?

But anyway, going to what really matters, a bloodlust Mikoto would probably use the EM pulse to attack his internal organs and danmaku lighting, what does Child Link star with in character?

WOah, i cant bloodlust her AND give her maximum fire power. She starts at 2 gigs, that seems to be a value noted on her profile

2GT to the entire tourney? Damn, at least with 4 she would have a chance, but speed is equal?

It seems Link is 3.672GTs, lightning Danmaku will not do much to him, iron-sand isn't useful unless she can add it into his blood flow (i never know if bloodlust is = being a berserker or is just using all available methods to win), electromagnetic waves pulses are light speed right? The Black Sphere... i should ask to DT if we treat it as some type of hax (matter, gravity, whatever).

Also, a sealed Central Park, does it still have any buildings around? And, it seems the amount of iron-sand will be limited, AP is too close, speed may be equal, she is a glass cannon... Link probably wins, but i have no idea what he actually does, so i am not voting yet.

Fair reminder that neither of Link’s shields conduct electricity.

As a glass cannon, does Misaka have any defense against Link yeeting a boomerang at her? It homes to an extent and is his first reaction to lightning/electricity users.

She can turn into lightning/teleport through lightning to avoid it. Does the boomerang have H7A AP? She can also use magnetism if it has any magnetic metal, or stick iron-sand on it to help at least slow it down, if not outright stoping it.

Btw, would not-conducting electricity really matter? And she can control it after releasing it, so a single shield isn't exactly enough to stop Mikoto entirely, and how would Link deal with the EM pulse?

Oh god both of these matches involve arguments about electric conduction, I am gonna mix this is with my match so much.

The boomerang is large mountain, yes. What does the EM pulse do?
Quoting her profile:

"Mikoto has the ability to create magnetic pulses that target the enemy's organs to disrupt their functions."

The above is for LV5 Mikoto, L6S has an at least comparable, if not much stronger version (the second is more likely than the first).

Link should be able to Nayru’s Love through it. Problem is that its invulnerability is temporary. Link needs a solid hit to win, but getting that hit may be hard. If he gets in close, he’d win. Her being lightning to travel would prompt him to store her in a bottle. Yes. I’m not kidding.

Probably the former, but i am not a EM Waves expert, so if you know someone that knows better than me, please ask them.

I think pseudo-teleportation via lightning is a better way to explain what she does than turning into lightning. Would link start with Nayru, tho? And what is the duration? Mikoto should be able to keep it at full potency for a few hours (well, she can keep anything up as long as her mind is still working, technically).

If he feels himself dying, he’d use it. It’s definitely a good tactic to start off with for bosses, especially for child Link, who has no magical arrows to deplete his magic.

Aight to explain Nayru’s Love. It lasts for exactly 1 minute, but he can reactivate it immediately. It takes 12 MP to cast, and Link has 96 MP, but he also has 4 Blue Potions to replenish his health and magic meter to full. So 96/12*4, which is 32 minutes. Misaka would have to avoid Link for just over a half an hour, not counting the time Link would take to recast the spell and drink the potions. But that’s if Link solely relies on that tactic.

I didn't see any Blue Potion in his standard equips.

But anyway, what does Link have to kill Mikoto? Mikoto has Danmaku, EM Pulse and she can also turn the oxygen in the area into ozone to suffocate Link, to avoid being killed she has the radar, the pseudo teleportation and magnetism (the shields are around 8A, so even if she can use them they aren't of much use, just to slow some attacks at best).

The problem with magnetism is that none of Link’s items are magnetic. Almost all of them are wooden, and the one that isn’t, the sword (even the bombs are plant based), isn’t magnetic. Danmaku is helpful but Link can turtle himself with the Hylian Shield to avoid it, and nothing Mikasa gonna pierce that shield ever. The oxygen thing I doubt it’s in character going by her profile (only one of her clones did it but she definitely can do it) but Link can get out of dodge with one of his Ocarina songs to recuperate, and return with Farore’s Wind. In terms of attack, Link can get in close by shielding when necessary. He can AOE with bombs or Din’s Fire. He can just rush her down with invulnerability via Nayru’s Love and just spam his weapons willy nilly. If she’s close enough he can just use a Deku Seed to stun her which would be game over. Finally, and this is a stretch, Saria’s Song may be able to calm her down given it cures depression in canon.

edit: Link is more likely to have two blue potions instead of a full four. The other two would probably be filled with a fairy each, which brings him back from the dead.

The Hylian shield is valid but 6C amps aren't? For real? Misaka is bloodlust here, so it not being in character does not matter. All of her attacks are ranged, she has no reason to let Link close the gap between them. Again, no mention to Blue Potions, Fairies or being able to revive in his standard equips.

Also, i would like to discuss if a Liquid Proof Railgun would be able to pierce that shield, since it pierced something Accelerator couldn't, she can't use it here tho.

To be fair, Link can’t exactly use the shield yet. It’s too big for him to wield properly. He can only carry it on his back and turtle underneath it.

Not exactly, she was being mind manipulated during 97% of the time she was L6S, but Gensei and Mitori aren't here, so it would be normal Misaka in control, who wouldn't even use the H7A attacks, probably.

Dang Mikasa vs Blade seems pretty cool
Gunvolt electricity users sort of say no to other electricity users and their resistances, while having resistances themselves. It wouldn't be very exciting, NGL. The entire argument would basically be "Blade absorbs Misaka's electricity and bypasses her resistances".

Mikoto isn't really popular in VsB, not as much as Aleister, Touma and Accel, and most of the Toaru supporters haven't created their accounts here yet, afaik.

Sorry I would contribute but I know next to nothing about Mikoto and The only thing I know about Link is A few things. So all I can do for this is give a vote

Well, Link's only defense seems to be spamming Nyaru's love, and idk if a shield can completely stop EM waves, i also don't know how many waves are needed to start causing damage/killing.

Your wish is my command. Obviously, Link will only move up, the match will not be added.

Because i accepted that Link should have the blue potions and the extra lives, even tho they aren't in the profile, because i played Ocarina, but Mikoto will not have a defeat added for things not listed in Link's profile.

Back