• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
6) Never ONCE said that elemental attacks did not work. I was arguing whether DBF was a dark or fire move. It showcases being more fire than anything. Which like I said is neutral. And before you say dual type. Remember Freeze Shock and Ice Burn are only Ice type moves. Not Ice AND Electric or Fire.

Regardless Lugia wins due to a speed advantage since he can blitz Hiei.

Anime4Life2020 said:
Can't Lugia just mind rape any way? It should have at least some decent form of psychic hax for being a psychic type itself
Well that is a simple talent of most Psychic types.

That is actually one of the given powers of Psychic. Mewtwo controlling Nurse Joy and erasing memories of multiple people at once. Hypno controlling kids and their dreams. Kadabra causing headahes with it's psychic powers

Dragonmasterxyz said:
6) Never ONCE said that elemental attacks did not work. I was arguing whether DBF was a dark or fire move. It showcases being more fire than anything. Which like I said is neutral. And before you say dual type. Remember Freeze Shock and Ice Burn are only Ice type moves. Not Ice AND Electric or Fire.
Regardless Lugia wins due to a speed advantage since he can blitz Hiei.
Except the fact whenever the Dragon was used the surroundings darkens. In fact, most of Hiei's energy would be super effective because he is literally an apparition.

Ikusabe Wataru said:
And demons tend to be invisible to humans without high spirit awareness or other demons.
And last I checked that isn't an advantage here seeing as they both see each other.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Ikusabe Wataru said:
And demons tend to be invisible to humans without high spirit awareness or other demons.
And last I checked that isn't an advantage here seeing as they both see each other.
But Lugia can't learn Miracle Eye nor does it have a high awareness of ghosts.

Unless Lugia is a Demon I don't think it'll notice Hiei's presence let alone his attacks. Or its psychic moves will have no affect.

Ghost types....Are spirits. Demons in general are not Dark types. And FAAAAR weaker pokemon and other legendaries have been aware of Ghost types.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Ghost types....Are spirits. Demons in general are not Dark types. And FAAAAR weaker pokemon and other legendaries have been aware of Ghost types.
Which other Pokemon? Never said demon energy was typically dark. Hiei is described to be an apparition which is a ghost. His energy is that of an apparition's so he can just as easily damage Lugia. EDIT: Even humans with high spirit awareness can't even sense demons sometimes I doubt it would be the same in Lugia's case.

Kadabra (A much weaker psychic type) has seen a Haunter in which is a Spirit. Fellow legendary pokemon Mewtwo has fought and defeated Gengar in which is a Spirit and Shadow. Pikachu has seen a Dusknoir in which is a ghost and sends pokemon and people to the spirit world. Need I continue?

Anime4Life2020 said:
Um.....
you DO realize humans in the verse can see and grow scared of ghost types on a daily basis right?
You would be correct. But this doesn't mean they can see them really. And even then Kuwabara wasn't even able to sense Kurama and his Spirit awareness is high.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Kadabra (A much weaker psychic type) has seen a Haunter in which is a Spirit. Fellow legendary pokemon Mewtwo has fought and defeated Gengar in which is a Spirit and Shadow. Pikachu has seen a Dusknoir in which is a ghost and sends pokemon and people to the spirit world. Need I continue?
And Pokemon have shown themselves to make themselves visible and invisible. For example, Ash's haunter and it's not quite the same with demons. In Gen 1 attacks never worked on non-pokemon ghosts in the Pokemon Tower unless you had the silph scope.

Ikusabe Wataru said:
There never has been an insance where a Pokemon has fought a non-pokemon ghost iirc.
You clearly have forgotten the spirit of the Marowak. Which was a PURE ghost/spirit. Yamask are actual human spirits btw... Same with Phantump.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Ikusabe Wataru said:
There never has been an insance where a Pokemon has fought a non-pokemon ghost iirc.
You clearly have forgotten the spirit of the Marowak. Which was a PURE ghost/spirit. Yamask are actual human spirits btw... Same with Phantump.
Nonetheless, these are Pokemon or once were Pokemon.

However it does not change the fact that the Marowak was an actual spirit and thus throws your argument out the window. Stop going around the truth as this is really irritating me. By this logic Goku could not see Hiei because he is a demon. By this logic Naruto could not see Hiei because he's a demon. By this logic Seiya could not see Hiei due to him being a demon. By this logic Sora could not see Hiei due to him being a demon. That "not having high spiritual awareness" crap does not fly.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
However it does not change the fact that the Marowak was an actual spirit and thus throws your argument out the window. Stop going around the truth as this is really irritating me. By this logic Goku could not see Hiei because he is a demon. By this logic Naruto could not see Hiei because he's a demon. By this logic Seiya could not see Hiei due to him being a demon. By this logic Sora could not see Hiei due to him being a demon. That "not having high spiritual awareness" crap does not fly.
I'm not going around the truth at all. I'm simply stating facts. Your Marowak argument is a flaw because the Ghost Marowak is still a Pokemon. If you play the games, you'll see that unless the player uses the silph scope no Pokemon could attack it. And the player was forced to escape from the other ghosts. You're drawing in irrelevant concepts now. The only way Goku can sense any demon is in the case they emit Ki. As for the other characters, I don't know how they relate to Lugia.

A pokemon spirit is still a spirit. The pokemon themselves do NOT wear silph scopes, the trainer does. Meaning the Pokemon could indeed hit it all along. Irrelevant? I was showing you how your logic fails. It is irrelevant to you because you want to hold on to that faulty argument. Now I am warning you now. Drop this argument as it will not fly. A pokemon can see Hiei simple as that. Heck the fact that they saw the ghosts in the first place shows they can see Hiei. Hiei is nothing special. Simple as that.

Peter "Quicksilver" Maximoff said:
huh, and here i fought aura was the man source of energy in the Pkm verse
It is. They just don't go deep enough into the lore of Aura and how it effects pokemon. Well technically infinity energy is. But Aura is pretty much connected to fighting types mostly. And Cutiefly...

Remember that Xerneas and Yveltal have aura based Abilities. And Zygarde is able to invert the effects of said Abilities.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
A pokemon spirit is still a spirit. The pokemon themselves do NOT wear silph scopes, the trainer does. Meaning the Pokemon could indeed hit it all along. Irrelevant? I was showing you how your logic fails. It is irrelevant to you because you want to hold on to that faulty argument. Now I am warning you now. Drop this argument as it will not fly. A pokemon can see Hiei simple as that. Heck the fact that they saw the ghosts in the first place shows they can see Hiei. Hiei is nothing special. Simple as that.
It still doesn't change the fact how they couldn't hit ordinary ghosts, and until you actually show me otherwise I won't retract my opinion. EDIT: I think you're confused. Hiei isn't a spirit he's a demon that is said to be an apparition. In the series, demons and spirits were completely different, hence you cannot disprove this argument.

Marowak was a normal ghost. It fits the definition of a ghost. an apparition of a dead person that is believed to appear or become manifest to the living, typically as a nebulous image. The Marowak was by DEFINITION a ghost.

The mother marowak is a ghost and can be seen. Being a demon does not make you unseeable. '''ENOUGH''' of this argument. It has not '''EVER''' been used here and it will not. If you want to change that make a content revision thread about it. Y'know what I'll do it for you since I am getting very annoyed.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
The mother marowak is a ghost and can be seen. Being a demon does not make you unseeable. ENOUGH of this argument. It has not EVER been used here and it will not. If you want to change that make a content revision thread about it. Y'know what I'll do it for you since I am getting very annoyed.
You need to read the manga. The Makai insects were invisible. Yusuke needed the use of equipment to spot a low-class demon. I can show many scans and examples if you like. As for making that thread go for it. It would be meaningless though.

^No I do not as I really don't care for Yu Yu Hakusho. As I've stated that logic is not useful for combat as it would provide multiple NLF's with far stronger characters.

If you're making the thread for demons, in general, it would be pretty pointless. Because the creator made the series to be based and ghosts and whatnot, so would fail to apply to other franchises outside of Yu Yu.

Then how can Keiko see Kurama or Hiei or literally all the other demons at the World Tournament. Or Sakyo? Or those other rich guys? I try not to reply to my own threads, but you're really pushing that NLF.

On the Marowak topic isnt Alolan Marowak part ghost anyways? So that pretty much means any random Marowak in Alola at least is naturally a spirit.

The real cal howard said:
Then how can Keiko see Kurama or Hiei or literally all the other demons at the World Tournament. Or Sakyo? Or those other rich guys? I try not to reply to my own threads, but you're really pushing that NLF.
Firstly, those "rich guys" were human. I think you're referring to Butajiri perhaps. Many sources say so. Secondly, if you'd remember correctly Sakyo is a human. He even had a family. And Keiko is obviously not an ordinary human. She probably has high-spirit awareness, if you saw how strong she is. Or by how she outran the demon possessed army in Sarayashiki Junior High. In fact, she probably could see the insects considering how most of the population were possessed by them too.

Back