• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Heroes Rising Spoiler Thread: The Sequel

Inb4 it's revealed that him being quirkless is actually giving OFA more room to grow, so if it went to someone with a quirk it would be weaker and not enough to combat New Shigaraki.

People over praise Mirio, saying that he is a better hero than Deku, and that he should have One For All instead of him, but his actions prove exactly the opposite, for if he were not a coward, he would have saved Eri the first time they saw her. Overhaul was completely alone, and Deku could have easily escaped from Overhaul with Eri, while Mirio defeated him.

It was partly his fault that many people were hurt, and that his mentor died, even he acknowledges it, that's why I think Deku is a much better hero, he is willing to sacrifice everything to save innocent people.

@Kingofwolves999 So answering your question, no I don't think they would have liked Mirio as much as Deku, he would probably as strong as All Might, but the extra Quirks would have never manifested.

Bruh this reminds me one time where someone said that Deku was gonna give OFA to the quirkless (so that they could technically have a quirk) and then he dies in the process. I do not like this.

@Therefir

I absolutely agree with you that Mirio is over praised. Mirio really hasn't done anything to so utterly undermine all the hard work, hatred, blood, sweat, tears and effort Deku has put in to get where he is now. Mirio comes along and tries his best a single time, then people start claiming he's MC status just cause he's strong.

Mirio worked hard to get where he was with his quirk, but he was absolutely blessed in every other area. Scouted by a pro hero, had friends, had a loving family. Deku had a mom who didn't believe in him at all. Deku's worked just as hard, if not harder than Mirio, and it shows in how he will save anyone in front of him.

Mirio would have been a good candidate for One for All.

Deku is the BEST candidate.

@Kingofwolves999

THANK YOU FOR SAYING THIS!

Seriously, Mirio's an awesome character, but people love to overhype him to death! He is NOT a better candidate for One For All than Deku

Mirio fought Overhaul to protect Eri and failed

Deku fought Overhaul to protect Eri and won

Nuff said, also Deku saved Koda and the two kids from the movie, he even flexed on Mirio for losing his quirk, he was going to give up his dreams and quirk to save the day against Nine

Not to mention how far he is willing to destroy his body to save someone, Mirio's great, but Deku is the goat

I'm just saying Todoroki had trouble with keeping the Chimera down and passed out from it while Bakugou was tanking and causing trouble to Nine, a much stronger character and was fighting on par with 100% Deku (mostly because of Howitzer Blitz which we know can at least beat an all-out ice Todoroki) before the transfer for a brief period of time. I think the condensed storm attacks plus that Howitzer keeping up with 100% Deku even for that short of a time should be enough to upgrade Bakugou now. Hell, while he did break his arms, his body was still able to take the recoil of 100% for that long anyways.

Just my thoughts. He was considered practically Deku's equal, fighting on par with him in every situation and even did better than Deku against Nine solo, though mostly because he knew his previous attack patterns but still. I also feel that narratively, having Bakugou still below Todoroki and even Kirishima in tiers seems... Not supported by canon at this point as Todoroki is more or less on Bakugou's level, possibly slightly above with using both like a ringless Shadow.

Deku>Bakugou

He's cool, but he's a bit overrated, he hasn't really had amazing character development like everyone says he does

Alright, THAT might be untrue. Bakugo has had outstanding development over the course of the series, in both subtle and dynamic ways.

Though I agree, and do personally like Deku way more than Bakugo, give the man credit where it's due.

I personally don't really see it, he's had good development, but not an outstanding character arc, it's not like he's Eren Yeager or Lelouche

For me it's as of now Deku=Bakugo=Shouto for me. When I first read the manga Shouto was my favorite until the Hideout arc when Bakugo declares he admired All Might then he became my favorite. Then the Overhual/Culture Festival arc made Deku my favorite. Every since the Endeavor training arc I've been thinking that there equal as of now and whoever has the best fight and development in this arc will most likely be my favorite character throughout the series.

To get back on heroes rising, Full Cowling Deku and Bakugou do break Nine's shield, beat him down, and basically defeat him before he goes full rage mode. For reference, he made both storms before this

Also I agree. Deku > Mirio

Looking back, the legit best parts of the movie were Deku and Bakugo working together, like they're like so much better as a team

Kingofwolves999 said:
Inb4 it's revealed that him being quirkless is actually giving OFA more room to grow, so if it went to someone with a quirk it would be weaker and not enough to combat New Shigaraki.
Well, it's possible that adding Quirks divides the power input, making the development slower each time a new holder has one. With that said, one of All Might's statements from a while ao confirms that One For All grants Accelerated Development.

@Utenok123 What minute of the movie does that scene take place?

@BlackeJan That video was removed, but I already have the film downloaded, I just wanted to know at what specific minute that scene occurs so I could check for myself if it's calculable.

Scan 1

Nine = 177 cm (Average male height)

Sand bridge = 8.82 m

Scan 2

Sand bridge = 8.82 m

Island radius = 365.75 m

Island diameter = 365.75 x 2 = 731.50 m

A pretty small island. Of course I'll recalculate this when we have access to better images, but don't expect much different results.

That's just that small island the storm goes all the way to the main island and starts to Dettroy the main island

Also maybe you can calc bakugos explson by useing how deep the hole he landed in was and the sand bridge for scale

This could yield decent results probably too. We'll have to wait for an official clip cause this is horrendously tilted.

249DF848-BFD1-4258-941A-0D1486BCD750
D345D2AB-2ED0-4670-AC05-62BF0FF44B6F

Kingofwolves999 said:
This could yield decent results probably too. We'll have to wait for an official clip cause this is horrendously tilted.
That's quite small actually, let's not forget his 1.28 tons explosion was 50 meters wide.

Back