• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Here's something you should know...

Dekoshu

VS Battles
Retired
And I wanted to say it's something. It is unambiguously true that Marvel and DC have individuals having immensely, obnoxiously, and oftentimes, unjustifiable inconsistencies, not only in power levels, but in other attributes as well. Imagine what would it be like when Marvel and DC comics are read not only by people in this world, but in others? What would Saiyans say about Hulk that got embarrassingly defeated by something so normal, while the receiver didn't get massively disabled or weakened by a clear factor, or how other deities say that Ice Man somehow defeating a cosmic being?

I can imagine other realities wondering how can they can have no difficulty with the others who are clearly above average threats, but the few ones were very regular, and lost to them.

Dragon ball goku problem

They'd probably be laughing their asses off at the likes of Dwarf Star Level Captain America.

That's something that baffles people who knew him as the Super Solider, and if they read the actual comics, that might want others who seen them test these feats by talking and directly encountering, only to be not impressed when the results were different. Great answer right there. We have things to laugh about, and you think these inconsistencies are known by this realities? Imagine how many powerful Shinobi, gods, such as Beerus, and the others would suffer reading page after page as if some rabid fan wanted to literally show them by making these copies and tell each being from every universe read DC and Marvel, and wondering how this could be happening when they were this weak or this trong And they'll eventually have the obvious answers if the events were to be reenacted, but with far more realistic results.

Want proof? Name one massive embarassment from Marvel and DC, and put somebody else to go through them with far more realistic results. Normal animal or people owning some people as their victims, who as mutants, gods, demons, etc. should be weaker or stronger than they should actually be, and pit someone like Goku in those same places and the results would be like "This animal couldn't do anything to stop me. This comic is full of nonsense."

Another example. Somebody tried to duplicate Hulk's multiversal shock wave or try to beat a cosmic being with their clearly weaker powers, standard ice powers for example. They found that it was load of garbage: the former couldn't make a cosmic shock wave on a virtually unbreakable target, even though they could smash mountains and planets barehanded, and the latter had been literally stomped by a cosmic being after they been frozen by letting them freeze them on purpose to prove their helplessness, and they weren't even bothered by this.

Yeah.

I can imagine blood knight-type characters destroying the world just because he thought he found someone who can actually put up a fight, only to turn to a bloody smear on the ground.

Anyone below Hulk's tier hurting Thor is a load of bull. Thor going from microsecond (or something) reflexes to getting blitzed by Wolverine is another.

It's just..ugh. Why not get only one person to make only one character's comic, then have them collaborate for crossovers.

Saitama vs goku

Another moment? Have Goku, Vegeta and others, including Undertale, read something really ridiculous from those comic books. Have them look at Spider-Man vs Firelord. Or you want them to curse and make them really ranting for a while, and ask "How this could happen in real life? Not like this, that's for sure." Have them look at The Beyonders killing cosmic beings like the Living Tribunal, and have them look at pages where they all got stomped by Doctor Doom, and they'll comment that they may have had a situation like this before, but it was more realistic and wasn't so stupidly one-sided like this. Or have them look at them on and on. You see where this is going? Like the people here, they'll say how contrived, anticlimatic and unrealistic it is, and not in a way that's positive. Or the fact they realized that the writers clearly put irrational favoritism on them. Or even the most powerful beings didn't go through getting embarassing times like these. A regular gorrilla is something that should be of little to no difficulty to someone like Dio Brando. A snake is something some species wouldn't be afraid of and wanted to eat it or kill it.

Well, to be fair, Marvel and DC are handled by hundreds of writers with extremely different opinions, and they generally mostly care about entertaining the readers, not about more realistic power level comparisons.

Antvasima said:
Well, to be fair, Marvel and DC are handled by hundreds of writers with extremely different opinions, and they generally mostly care about entertaining the readers, not about more realistic power level comparisons.
This pretty much validates my point and the others. The fact that the writers for Marvel and DC care more for entertaining readers not only here, but in other places, lead to wonder just what are they implying or intended to do. What is Ichigo Kurosaki is expected to get from these? What are you and the others are expected to get from these? It doesn't help the fact that they are literally opinionated or some other appropriate adjective.

the saiyans wud prolly want a constant author for each story (if they are from universe 6)

if they are from universe 7- then they wud just laugh (well most of them)

The Living Tribunal1 said:
the saiyans wud prolly want a constant author for each story (if they are from universe 6)
if they are from universe 7- then they wud just laugh (well most of them)
Like Antvasima's, yours is quite valid. It's like you show them something like One Punch Man to Goku, he'll see that how really bad or evil aliens should be dealt with if they can't be your friends, and not in the way DC and Marvel handles their situations. But if you show them Marvel and DC comics, they'll go "That's not how I fought those enemies. A punch like that should kill them, not 'knock them out cold', and that wasn't even an energy punch."

Antvasima said:
they generally mostly care about entertaining the readers
oh boy, i dont wanna start a flame war, but now a days, the comics (like MANY other mediums) seem to be trying to attract *ahem* a certain special section of society

i mean, yeah throughout most of their history, comics have been entertaining, but they have been doing some cringe-worthy stuff recentlly

You mean the PC police "social justice warrior" stuff then?

Well, personally I mostly think that it is good that women and minorities get more spotlight in mainstream media, but I was subjected to a bit of that myself by Tom Brevoort even though I think that I was perfectly polite to him.

However, we should probably keep quiet about these sort of things. Wikia's administrative staff might get angry with us othervise.

Antvasima said:
You mean the PC police "social justice warrior" stuff then?
Well, personally I mostly think that it is good that women and minorities get more spotlight in mainstream media, but I was subjected to a bit of that myself by Tom Brevoort even though I think that I was perfectly polite to him.

However, we should probably keep quiet about these sort of things. Wikia's administrative staff might get angry with us othervise.
yeah tru, maybe the fan fic PM is a better place for that sort of stuff

Probably, yes. You can check out the link though. I was quite surprised by how bad and unreasonable Tom's behaviour was in this instance.

Yup. A bit of a disproportionate response I thought.

To be honest, you were indeed perfectly polite as you said, Mr, Antvasima. But going back to the topic. Even though Ichigo and the other mention their names and stuff like that, they would have known something like that should be the least likely to happen or with some knowledge of what they are aware of who Hulk is or who Superman is, and how they would have, the readers with actual superhuman and supernatural powers themselves, would have tested if they wanted to and debunk these events of how the same occasions would happen, but without the outlandish favoritism and how the Marvel and DC characters with their attributes shouldn't be losing or winning in those intense or common battles, especially when no known cosmic being is deliberately causing these things to Hulk and the others during those events, and no sufficiently damaging factor or other problems, such as hostages and Kyptonite getting in their way.

You have Kisuke, Mayuri and the other intelligent members, would have researched and may have already know that kind of thing is not only obnoxiously impossible, but unrealistic and not something that should actually happen. A potentially hyperdimensional being like Oblivion is supposed to be winning against Ice Man, not losing to him.

Back