• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Here another Sonic vs. Spider-Man (Sonic X vs. MvC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
-Speed=
-Super Sonic is used for combat
-Spider-Man wears the black suit
-Death match
-Active Personalities

Sonic: 10
super-sonic-sonic-x-redraw-scene-v0-u1i40wc7j46a1.png

Spidey:
dbkdm4p-e7cd417b-ecbb-4725-9bb1-788aced0f7d8.png

Last edited:
Ok, so it seems Spidey has quite the AP/Durability advantage, given that he's above 1.65 Quetattons, while Sonic is around 156 Ronnatons

Does Sonic upscale the calc on the verse page in any way?

This match is a treasure, an absolute gem.
Does Sonic upscale the calc on the verse page in any way?
His durability no-sold the explosion, so it probably prevents a one-shot and that's about it.

Super Sonic's main wincon here is gonna be his Deconstruction, as Spidey's gonna be too tough for him to take down by sheer strength (the fact that I can say that is glorious).

Yup, physical contact Deconstruction's definitely gonna be a problem for Spider-Man. His Spider-Sense will be able to help out, as he can foresee attacks and react accordingly. Like discussed above, Spidey's AP and LS advantages are gonna make approaching through sheer force difficult, so Super Sonic's mobility helps a ton there

Couldn't Super Sonic also nullify the emotional effects of the Symbiote? That could come in handy

Spider-Man has the acrobatics, superior skill, and precognition required to avoid Sonic’s attacks for sure. Though he’s not gonna have a lot of freedom to make any errors given the deconstruction here’s pretty clearly nothing to take lightly. It helps that X-Factor would allow Peter to get an overall stats amp, including in speed. So he’d be able to avoid attacks more reliably with his natural advantages and the ability to outpace the Blue Blue better than Sonic would have the chance to avoid being restrained with webbing and beat on. Plus, this isn’t his first flying opponent he’s had to face

I’ll have to vote Spider-Man for these reasons

Spider-Man has the acrobatics, superior skill, and precognition required to avoid Sonic’s attacks for sure. Though he’s not gonna have a lot of freedom to make any errors given the deconstruction here’s pretty clearly nothing to take lightly. It helps that X-Factor would allow Peter to get an overall stats amp, including in speed. So he’d be able to avoid attacks more reliably with his natural advantages and the ability to outpace the Blue Blue better than Sonic would have the chance to avoid being restrained with webbing and beat on. Plus, this isn’t his first flying opponent he’s had to face

I’ll have to vote Spider-Man for these reasons
I would like to point out, that while the precognition is fair, Sonic from X is known for his cracked acrobatics and skill. He's known for jumping around entire cities and skyscrapers in single bounds, running across surfaces, being nimble enough to avoid attacks from every direction, and with Super, he can now fly on top of that. Sonic also basically fights in almost every episode for all 3 seasons of the show, so he certainly has a lot of experience and skill after all of those battles. One particular feat I would like to mention is when Sonic faced an invisible enemy, he closed his eyes, and through his hearing alone he was able to adapt to, and beat one of Eggman's robots without being hit a single time.

I figure with his own agility and added flight with the ability to dodge most attacks even with just his sense of hearing, he'd be able to dodge most of Spider-Man's attacks. Of course including his webbing. I would also like to note, webbing him up isn't sustainable, as Super Sonic is able to teleport, and if restrained, he would quickly resort to that (He also has time stop that can last 5 minutes, however, he doesn't use that in-character). So I think Spider-Man being able to restrain him is already unlikely due to his acrobatics and enhanced senses, but even if he did, Sonic could escape it.

By Odin, this man's cracked!!
He is pretty cracked. Though I should note, before he adapted, he was getting hit and beaten. But that was before he was relying on his hearing. The moment he closed his eye and focused on the sounds made by the invisible mech he became untouchable and folded said robot. Though looking back at the episode, the fight wasn't very long-lived.

I would like to point out, that while the precognition is fair, Sonic from X is known for his cracked acrobatics and skill. He's known for jumping around entire cities and skyscrapers in single bounds, running across surfaces, being nimble enough to avoid attacks from every direction, and with Super, he can now fly on top of that. Sonic also basically fights in almost every episode for all 3 seasons of the show, so he certainly has a lot of experience and skill after all of those battles. One particular feat I would like to mention is when Sonic faced an invisible enemy, he closed his eyes, and through his hearing alone he was able to adapt to, and beat one of Eggman's robots without being hit a single time.

I figure with his own agility and added flight with the ability to dodge most attacks even with just his sense of hearing, he'd be able to dodge most of Spider-Man's attacks. Of course including his webbing. I would also like to note, webbing him up isn't sustainable, as Super Sonic is able to teleport, and if restrained, he would quickly resort to that (He also has time stop that can last 5 minutes, however, he doesn't use that in-character). So I think Spider-Man being able to restrain him is already unlikely due to his acrobatics and enhanced senses, but even if he did, Sonic could escape it.
Your points on Sonic’s ability to dodge attacks and fight proficiently are not unnoticed, but I still favour Spider-Man’s skill given he’s not only defeated a nearly 5000 year old, battle hardened mutant, but Ryu views him as a rival. Ryu is considered more skilled than the mercenary known as Taskmaster (to the point where Ryu is deemed “the pinnacle of human perfection” in comparison in the words of Super-Skrull) who can replicate any physical movement/fighting technique simply be looking at it without the need for practice, no matter how complex it is. Furthermore, his analytical abilities allow him to predict attacks and tell if opponents have hidden weapons with a glance without any clear or obvious indication that there are any. And keep in mind, Taskmaster is a guy who has literally copied moves from Peter, yet Spidey’s still on a level noticeably above Taskmaster in skill

Again, I’m not denying Sonic’s own battle experience. But I favour Peter when it comes down to straight up skill, as even the feat you mentioned of him dodging those kinds of attacks is something Spidey could do with no sweat. Hell, he can detect somebody from afar while they’re behind a thick metal wall. Paired with his precog, he can foresee specific attacks before they happen, so avoiding attacks with great agility is also well within his capabilities

The teleportation aspect is a very good point

Your points on Sonic’s ability to dodge attacks and fight proficiently are not unnoticed, but I still favour Spider-Man’s skill given he’s not only defeated a nearly 5000 year old, battle hardened mutant, but Ryu views him as a rival. Ryu is considered more skilled than the mercenary known as Taskmaster (to the point where Ryu is deemed “the pinnacle of human perfection” in comparison in the words of Super-Skrull) who can replicate any physical movement/fighting technique simply be looking at it without the need for practice, no matter how complex it is. Furthermore, his analytical abilities allow him to predict attacks and tell if opponents have hidden weapons with a glance without any clear or obvious indication that there are any. And keep in mind, Taskmaster is a guy who has literally copied moves from Peter, yet Spidey’s still on a level noticeably above Taskmaster in skill

Again, I’m not denying Sonic’s own battle experience. But I favour Peter when it comes down to straight up skill, as even the feat you mentioned of him dodging those kinds of attacks is something Spidey could do with no sweat. Hell, he can detect somebody from afar while they’re behind a thick metal wall. Paired with his precog, he can foresee specific attacks before they happen, so avoiding attacks with great agility is also well within his capabilities

The teleportation aspect is a very good point
I should note that I do think Spider-Man is more skilled. I just didn't believe he was skilled enough to easily web up Sonic given his small size and being known for his stupid good acrobatics. In terms of skill, I think most of it comes from the 3'rd Season which I hardly remember, but I believe it did involve fighting an ancient race of fighting robots (Metarex). The only other good skill feat I recall beforehand is Sonic fighting Emerl. Emerl is a robot built to copy all moves, techniques, and physical attributes of a person by simply observing them once. Similar to what you noted. While when Emerl becoming perfected after amassing the collective skill of every important character Sonic DID lose (even in like a 5v1 where Emerl was mopping the floor with them), before that, Sonic had been able to battle him. So to some extent he is capable of fighting a foe similar to that of Taskmaster. Just not after he's perfectly replicated all the moves and skills over like 20 or so combatants on his level.

I think both would inevitably tag one another, it's just that with Super Sonic's deconstruction, the result of that touch won't be so pretty.

I should note that I do think Spider-Man is more skilled. I just didn't believe he was skilled enough to easily web up Sonic given his small size and being known for his stupid good acrobatics.
Ah, I see what you mean
In terms of skill, I think most of it comes from the 3'rd Season which I hardly remember, but I believe it did involve fighting an ancient race of fighting robots (Metarex). The only other good skill feat I recall beforehand is Sonic fighting Emerl. Emerl is a robot built to copy all moves, techniques, and physical attributes of a person by simply observing them once. Similar to what you noted. While when Emerl becoming perfected after amassing the collective skill of every important character Sonic DID lose (even in like a 5v1 where Emerl was mopping the floor with them), before that, Sonic had been able to battle him. So to some extent he is capable of fighting a foe similar to that of Taskmaster. Just not after he's perfectly replicated all the moves and skills over like 20 or so combatants on his level.
And I think that definitely spells a difference between the two as fighters. Spider-Man is still considered a legitimate rival by a guy superior to an opponent who has stolen both moves from Peter, as well as several other highly skilled martial artists and warriors, while Sonic could only keep up with a less developed Emerl, while losing to him after he had acquired a perfectly replicated array of moves and skills

Of course, this doesn’t negate Sonic’s mobility. As you said, the guy’s been evading projectiles quite commonly since episode 1

I think both would inevitably tag one another, it's just that with Super Sonic's deconstruction, the result of that touch won't be so pretty.
It’s a pretty effective wincon, yeah. The reason I think Peter is less likely to lose is because X-Factor would slow him to become faster than Sonic, meaning he has more opportunities to get in hits while avoiding Sonic’s

I don’t wanna sound like I’m downplaying the deconstruction here because Sonic doesn’t even have to throw a punch. He could just place a hand on you and poof. It’s quite cracked

And I think that definitely spells a difference between the two as fighters. Spider-Man is still considered the greater combatant by a guy superior to an opponent who has stolen both moves from Peter, as well as several other martial artists and warriors, while Sonic could only keep up with a less developed Emerl, while losing to him after he had acquired a perfectly replicated array of moves and skills
To be fair, I think you could argue Emerl's copying ability > Taskmaster.

Like, Emerl fully copies not only all of their fighting styles, techniques, and martial prowess, but also their powers/unique abilities and makes it BETTER just from watching someone fight. He's not quite as cracked as his game counterpart who can counter space-time hax in a 2v1 through pure skill, but I think his copying skill may be better than what Taskmaster has been stated to do. But I do again agree Peter > Sonic in terms of skill.
It’s a pretty effective wincon, yeah. The reason I think Peter is less likely to lose is because X-Factor would slow him to become faster than Sonic, meaning he has more opportunities to get in hits while avoiding Sonic’s
I agree X-Factor is tricky, but Sonic has a perfect counter to that. Chaos Control. Something that allows him to manipulate space-time. He can teleport and stop time freely in an instant. I feel that's a bigger advantage than what the X-Factor provides. Especially when you consider one touch is what he needs to win.

To be fair, I think you could argue Emerl's copying ability > Taskmaster.

Like, Emerl fully copies not only all of their fighting styles, techniques, and martial prowess, but also their powers/unique abilities and makes it BETTER just from watching someone fight. He's not quite as cracked as his game counterpart who can counter space-time hax in a 2v1 through pure skill, but I think his copying skill may be better than what Taskmaster has been stated to do. But I do again agree Peter > Sonic in terms of skill.
Yeah, the potency of the copying abilities in comparison to each other is another story (TBF Taskmaster did say he can make the techniques he copies better after having attained them, though like I said, entirely different discussion). Ultimately, it comes down to how the two compare against the copying opponents at their best in question, in which Spidey takes that advantage

I agree X-Factor is tricky, but Sonic has a perfect counter to that. Chaos Control. Something that allows him to manipulate space-time. He can teleport and stop time freely in an instant. I feel that's a bigger advantage than what the X-Factor provides. Especially when you consider one touch is what he needs to win.
You could argue that Peter's Spider-Sense could allow him to act (while in X-Factor) effectively against Sonic before Chaos Control is used, but in the case of lets say time stop (which I think is gonna be Sonic's best course of action here), I really don't think its stretch to assume he's gonna create some distance between him and Spidey before activating it (especially if he notices the webhead's gotten faster). The reason I don't think Spider-Man's gonna be off-put by teleports is because of his precognition and the fact a lesser skilled fighter like Hawkeye calls teleportation users "so easy to read"

But time stop? Yeah, bit of a different story there

So with that all said, here's what I see happening

Early into the fight, the mobility of both fighters is gonna help in avoiding each other's attacks (Sonic's gonna be dodging webs and symbiote attacks while Spider-Man's gonna be avoiding physical and energy attacks). If webs ever manage to hit Sonic by chance, he'll teleport out of them since he can't break out of them himself. When Spider-Man activates X-Factor, Super Sonic's likely gonna take some hits, and realize that he's suddenly become faster. That's when I think Sonic's gonna give himself some space, time stop, and dust Peter

Yeah, the potency of the copying abilities in comparison to each other is another story (TBF Taskmaster did say he can make the techniques he copies better after having attained them, though like I said, entirely different discussion). Ultimately, it comes down to how the two compare against the copying opponents at their best in question, in which Spidey takes that advantage
Agreed.
You could argue that Peter's Spider-Sense could allow him to act (while in X-Factor) effectively against Sonic before Chaos Control is used, but in the case of lets say time stop (which I think is gonna be Sonic's best course of action here), I really don't think its stretch to assume he's gonna create some distance between him and Spidey before activating it (especially if he notices the webhead's gotten faster).
I don't think Sonic needs space to activate it. If I recall correctly, Shadow used it in his first appearance as Sonic charged at him from point blank range to teleport far away. It's thought based, but they usually use it via vocalization (i.e. shouting Chaos Control) similar to how in Dragon Ball you don't need to shout the move to use it. Just something they prefer I guess. But here's a video of Shadow using it when Sonic is directly in front of and behind him. He doesn't really need room to use it. Though he could if he deems it necessary I suppose.
The reason I don't think Spider-Man's gonna be off-put by teleports is because of his precognition and the fact a lesser skilled fighter like Hawkeye calls teleportation users "so easy to read"
Does he call the people who use teleportation predictable, or does he call teleportation predictable. There's a notable difference there.
Early into the fight, the mobility of both fighters is gonna help in avoiding each other's attacks (Sonic's gonna be dodging webs and symbiote attacks while Spider-Man's gonna be avoiding physical and energy attacks). If webs ever manage to hit Sonic by chance, he'll teleport out of them since he can't break out of them himself. When Spider-Man activates X-Factor, Super Sonic's likely gonna take some hits, and realize that he's suddenly become faster. That's when I think Sonic's gonna give himself some space, time stop, and dust Peter
Seems about right to me. Looking at it now, I think Sonic X profiles prolly need to be overhauled or smth. I'm sure there's important stuff missing that would've also been useful here. Like Sonic's AoE with energy attacks.

I don't think Sonic needs space to activate it. If I recall correctly, Shadow used it in his first appearance as Sonic charged at him from point blank range to teleport far away. It's thought based, but they usually use it via vocalization (i.e. shouting Chaos Control) similar to how in Dragon Ball you don't need to shout the move to use it. Just something they prefer I guess. But here's a video of Shadow using it when Sonic is directly in front of and behind him. He doesn't really need room to use it. Though he could if he deems it necessary I suppose.
Oh, I'm not saying he absolutely needs space. I'm just saying that if Sonic feels the need to increase the distance as to get a surefire Chaos Control in, he's gonna have a lot of chances to do so. Like you just displayed with Shadow, he can still activate whatever techniques he needs without a dramatic "Chaos Control!" shout. I only thought it'd be useful to note this as we already know Sonic's quite used to evasion
Does he call the people who use teleportation predictable, or does he call teleportation predictable. There's a notable difference there.
Hawkeye was referring to movement via teleportation, so he didn't mean "everyone I've fought who teleports is just bad at fighting"

Teleportation in this battle context seems it'll be its most useful when escaping webs in the chance he gets hit by them (which isn't likely, but worth noting as it doesn't render him immobile if he gets webbed). Time Stop is just a lot more likely and potent regarding Super Sonic's wincon if you ask me

Seems about right to me. Looking at it now, I think Sonic X profiles prolly need to be overhauled or smth. I'm sure there's important stuff missing that would've also been useful here. Like Sonic's AoE with energy attacks.
I agree. You listed some noteworthy descriptions that would really enhance the page's quality and depiction of Sonic's combative abilities

Oh, I'm not saying he absolutely needs space. I'm just saying that if Sonic feels the need to increase the distance as to get a surefire Chaos Control in, he's gonna have a lot of chances to do so. Like you just displayed with Shadow, he can still activate whatever techniques he needs without a dramatic "Chaos Control!" shout. I only thought it'd be useful to note this as we already know Sonic's quite used to evasion
Ah, alright. I'm in agreement then.
Hawkeye was referring to movement via teleportation, so he didn't mean "everyone I've fought who teleports is just bad at fighting"

Teleportation in this battle context seems it'll be its most useful when escaping webs in the chance he gets hit by them (which isn't likely, but worth noting as it doesn't render him immobile if he gets webbed). Time Stop is just a lot more likely and potent regarding Super Sonic's wincon if you ask me
Also agreed. I apologize if I made it seem I felt teleportation was a good win-con. I mostly brought it up as a means of evasion or getting unstuck.
I agree. You listed some noteworthy descriptions that would really enhance the page's quality and depiction of Sonic's combative abilities
Guess I'll have to rewatch Sonic X. And maybe read the Sonic X Archie Comics if those are even canon. Gonna be a pain doing it without a lot of help tho, lol.

Also agreed. I apologize if I made it seem I felt teleportation was a good win-con. I mostly brought it up as a means of evasion or getting unstuck.
Its all good. Its still useful to bring up, given the unstuck detail

Guess I'll have to rewatch Sonic X. And maybe read the Sonic X Archie Comics if those are even canon. Gonna be a pain doing it without a lot of help tho, lol.
Actually, that's a really good question, given Sonic X was originally a Japanese show and the Archie X comics are a Western product. Of course, its not as if mainline Sonic hasn't had both the Eastern and Western sides contribute heavily to the canon at this point

Also I'll be voting Super Sonic for the reasons I listed above

Actually, that's a really good question, given Sonic X was originally a Japanese show and the Archie X comics are a Western product. Of course, its not as if mainline Sonic hasn't had both the Eastern and Western sides contribute heavily to the canon at this point
Yeah, I'll have to look around regarding their canonicity. I think we use them on the profile already, so I figured it probably was, but never bothered to ask.
Also I'll be voting Super Sonic for the reasons I listed above
I think I'll wait till tomorrow to vote in case anybody has more input that could change the outcome.
Game Sonic verse vs Marvel vs Capcom verse when!?!?! We need it!

I think I'll wait till tomorrow to vote in case anybody has more input that could change the outcome.
I think the only thing I've neglected to mention is how Spider-Man would be capable of reflecting Super Sonic's energy projectiles (its an ability the entire Infinite roster has, weirdly enough). But I don't think Super Sonic's gonna get hard countered by a few of his projectiles being sent back at him given he's already gonna be zipping around

Game Sonic verse vs Marvel vs Capcom verse when!?!?! We need it!
Been thinking on if there's any good matches there

I think the only thing I've neglected to mention is how Spider-Man would be capable of reflecting Super Sonic's energy projectiles (its an ability the entire Infinite roster has, weirdly enough). But I don't think Super Sonic's gonna get hard countered by a few of his projectiles being sent back at him given he's already gonna be zipping around
Agreed. Nor was Sonic's projectiles a win-con to begin with. Really only makes it less useful.
Been thinking on if there's any good matches there
Sonic vs Spider-Man again would be funny given Game Sonic has what's clearly inspired by the Spider-Sense, the "Sonic sense". Though Base Sonic alone is so cracked compared to X Super Sonic that it can't end well. It'd prolly have to be a background character like Tails, Knuckles, Rouge, maybe Eggman, but Eggman is honestly really OP in vs matches, particularly with prep-time. Or maybe Classic Sonic vs Classic Mega Man. There seems to be a lot of good thematic matches tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back