• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Help needed with The Dark Tower revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
For now, I think we should just put Crimson King at Unknown and Gan at 1-A until Aogiri makes the CRT. The other ratings are relatively uncontested. Once a CRT is made then it's just a matter of updating their statistics.

@DarkGrath

Thank you. That would be appreciated.

@Planck69

Okay. What should their justification texts say though?

Crimson doesn't need one, obviously. As for Gan, would this work?

Outerverse level (Encompasses and transcends all aspects of the setting, viewing it as merely fiction. This even extends to beings like Maturi and Pennywise and the beyond-dimensional realms in which the aformentioned two exist)

Maybe. It is probably best to wait for more input first.

We have insifficient evidence for anything higher than 1-A right now.

CK should absolutely be above Maturin in pennywise. In his true form. He was downgraded using "evidence" that only applies to the avatar.

Although TBF his avatar being Hgih 1-B was wank.

ZacharyGrossman273 said:
Gan getting downgrade to High 1-A might be possible
I'm still bothered CK is unknown
We have nothing for High 1-A now and Crismson King's tiering is still being contested. Until a proper CRT is made, Unknown and 1-A are the best tiers to give them, at the very least to act as placeholder tiers.

For now, these tiers are just placeholders. We haven't formally agreed upon CK's tier and Gan can at the very least be said to be above Pennywise. So there the best choices for now.

More showings to prove that the the Turtle and other Guardians transcend the Dark Tower. They are beyond the reach of ka, and are unreachable even by beings such as Crimson King.

TheWasteLands-portals

Invoking-the-guardians-screenshot

End-world-almanac-guardians-p2

Parkus states that Crimson King is powerful enough to blow Jack (who still has much power of the Talisman) out like a small candle. He even states that never in his life or any life can Jack take on Crimson King, which implies Crimson King's power is far above the Talisman's. (And the Talisman is described as not only the axis of all possible worlds but all possible worlds themselves and the spaces between those worlds.)

BlackHouse-talisman-1

BlackHouse-talisman-2

ZacharyGrossman273 said:
CK should absolutely be above Maturin in pennywise. In his true form. He was downgraded using "evidence" that only applies to the avatar.
Although TBF his avatar being Hgih 1-B was wank.
Is there anything that suggests that though? If I recall Crimson King doesn't really interact with Pennywise, except that with the deadlights in Insomnia.

Can somebody politely ask Xulrev if he has any updates?

Has somebody asked Xulrev yet, or is somebody knowledgeable willing to downgrade the Ga page to 1-A in the meantime?

Anybody? I would greatly appreciate help with this, and can give you temporary editing rights to handle it if necessary.

Honestly, people should just see that these are place-holder tiers until we unmangle their profiles. I'm as always down with CK being Unknown and Gan being 1-A for the mean time. I could do it but I'm not exactly as knowledgeable as Aogiri and Xulrev.

Yes, the issue is that it looks bad for the wiki to let a character retain tier 0 for this long without any kind of valid basis.

Anyway, could you ask Aogiri and Xulrev to help out with this, and if they do not reply until tomorrow handle it yourself instead?

So is his tiering is correct and staying as it is? If not, he should go to Unknown until a formal CRT is made.

CK being High 1-B would be a massive lowball but could still work (since it's not directly stated he's above Maturin and Pennywise, but he VERY PROBABLY is)

If we aren't sure of it then it really should be Unknown since he can be anything from High 1-B to Low 1-A to 1-A.

Him having a low-end does not disqualify him from Unknown. Majestic Presence is obviously 1-A at minimum, Cthulhu is Low 6-B at minimum etc. Here there are people vying for CK being 1-A and some for him being High 1-B. We can't agree so Unknown would be the best until that CRT is made.

And Cthulhu? And Base Naruto? You get my point, a low-end doesn't always justify not having an Unknown. Unless you want every Unknown to move to 10-A to 9-C since most of them wouldn't go below this. An Unknown tiering until this properly discussed is better than a contested tiering.

So 1-A Gan and "At least High 1-B" Crimson King?

How about "Unknown. At least High 1-B" in order to be specific?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back