• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hei (Darker than Black) vs Cid Kagenou (The Eminence in Shadow)

Also before I hear "I am atomic GG!" Hei has evaded the explosion radius of Heavens Gate, which nuked the majority of South America while the explosion was faster than Hei himself.

His Analytical Prediction covers that and he has experience in dealing with people who have comparable if not better Analytical Prediction than himself.

Also before I hear "I am atomic GG!" Hei has evaded the explosion radius of Heavens Gate, which nuked the majority of South America while the explosion was faster than Hei himself.
I'm pretty sure he didn't survive that by running away from the explosion, but maybe there is a showing of him surviving I'm forgetting?

I'm pretty sure he didn't survive that by running away from the explosion, but maybe there is a showing of him surviving I'm forgetting?
Nah he ran away, iirc he zipped away on his wire as the explosion denoted near him. The anime nor the manga show him tanking the explosion hence why his durability isn't scaling to his Meteor Fragment AP value.

Nah he ran away, iirc he zipped away on his wire as the explosion denoted near him. The anime nor the manga show him tanking the explosion hence why his durability isn't scaling to his Meteor Fragment AP value.
Can you show that? I have a hard time believing that he ran from the epicenter of the explosion to the edge of the continent. Also will point out that outrunning something faster than yourself over large distance is logically impossible.

Anyway, I consider Cid more skilled simply going by what I have seen from both fighting.
Cid can counter Hei's wire stuff via way better wire stuff.
And his slime suit can tank the electricity for him, while offering a similarly good offense.

I would consider Cid superior even without his ultimate.

Will reply soon but I'm calling absolute cap on Cid being the more skilled of the two.

His slime suit isn't providing resistance to Hei's ability, remember this is far from a normal electrical current. It's outright matter manipulation so slime wouldn't provide any resistance against Hei's powers.

Also I fail to see how Cid having "better wire stuff." is a valid counter argument, especially with zero evidence to back it up.

Will reply soon but I'm calling absolute cap on Cid being the more skilled of the two.
iirc Cid flexing his skill with his stance causes you to have countless visions of your own death.

He can copy the movements of some of the best fighters in the world after seeing them once.

And it's stated that a version of his swordplay that is just him messing around is something that merges countless martial arts and is something you couldn't achieve even with centuries of training.

He can fight someone way far above him physically while weakened and unable to use magic with just swordplay.

And his swordsmanship is so complex that it's said that trying to follow it is like trying to follow every individual raindrop during a storm.

Edit:
And apparently there's a lot more to his skill and he's one of the most skilled swordsman on the wiki.

His slime suit isn't providing resistance to Hei's ability, remember this is far from a normal electrical current. It's outright matter manipulation so slime wouldn't provide any resistance against Hei's powers.
His electricity doesn't simply flow through non-conductive materials, though. It mostly behaves like regular electricity. So as long as you have a barrier between the lightning and you, it won't be able to shock you. And Cid with his slime suit can basically surround himself with a barrier.

Also I fail to see how Cid having "better wire stuff." is a valid counter argument, especially with zero evidence to back it up.
Do you know Walter from Hellsing? Cid can do stuff like him. You can look at chapter 36 and 37 of the manga to see the details.

His electricity doesn't simply flow through non-conductive materials, though. It mostly behaves like regular electricity.
Except it's made blatantly clear and explicitly stated not to be anything like normal electricity.

Matter of fact it isn't even made of normal electromagnetic waves, comparing two is very much putting it lightly.
So as long as you have a barrier between the lightning and you, it won't be able to shock you. And Cid with his slime suit can basically surround himself with a barrier.
That would depend entirely on what said barrier is composed of so I wouldn't necessarily use that as a counter argument. Especially considering if the barrier is made of slime since slime in fact is a electrical conductor.
Do you know Walter from Hellsing? Cid can do stuff like him. You can look at chapter 36 and 37 of the manga to see the details.
I mean that's great but Hei doesn't use his wires like that, he's never used it in that fashion. Hei uses his wires for mobility and of course as means to zap.

Also comparing skill between the two is essentially irrelevant, they're two different types of combatants. That would be like me comparing Mike Tyson to Tiger Woods, sure they're both skilled but in different regards.
iirc Cid flexing his skill with his stance causes you to have countless visions of your own death.
Luckily Hei doesn't give a **** about dying and has experience with opponents who can do the same while paralyzing her opponents for minutes on end.
He can copy the movements of some of the best fighters in the world after seeing them once.
Which wouldn't really help him much here, matter of fact if he tried to copy Hei's fighting style Hei would capitalize on that by frying him whenever they cross blades.
And it's stated that a version of his swordplay that is just him messing around is something that merges countless martial arts and is something you couldn't achieve even with centuries of training.
So vague shit? Gotcha.
He can fight someone way far above him physically while weakened and unable to use magic with just swordplay.
Hei did this for 5 years straight.

Except it's made blatantly clear and explicitly stated not to be anything like normal electricity.

Matter of fact it isn't even made of normal electromagnetic waves, comparing two is very much putting it lightly.
Which doesn't absolve you of posting feats of him shooting his lightning through non-conductive materials, if you want us to assume that works.

That would depend entirely on what said barrier is composed of so I wouldn't necessarily use that as a counter argument. Especially considering if the barrier is made of slime since slime in fact is a electrical conductor.
What makes you think slime conducts electricity? That's the stuff his clothes are made out of.

But if it is, then Cid could separate the slime from his body and use it to redirect the lightning into the ground, like a lightning rod.

I mean that's great but Hei doesn't use his wires like that, he's never used it in that fashion. Hei uses his wires for mobility and of course as means to zap.

Also comparing skill between the two is essentially irrelevant, they're two different types of combatants. That would be like me comparing Mike Tyson to Tiger Woods, sure they're both skilled but in different regards.
Not really. It means that he could pretty much shut down Hei's mobility and zapping via his own wires. It pretty much means Hei can't get an advantage from this entire part of his skill set.

Simultaneously, Cid can get an advantage due to Hei still needing to deal with the wires.

What makes you think slime conducts electricity? That's the stuff his clothes are made out of.
Well that would depend on what the slime is actually composed of. You haven't really given me much outside of "its slime." whenever slime could be a plethora of ingredients.

Most slime can conduct electricity, one of the major components of slime is literally water.

So I'll ask, can you go further into detail about the nature of Cid's slime?
But if it is, then Cid could separate the slime from his body and use it to redirect the lightning into the ground, like a lightning rod.
That would only work if he doesn't get fried right then and there.
It means that he could pretty much shut down Hei's mobility and zapping via his own wires. It pretty much means Hei can't get an advantage from this entire part of his skill set.
I'd argue vice versa, putting out dozens of strings against someone with electricity powers isn't a very wise idea.

Hei doesn't even need the wire to be mobile, we've literally seen him doing the same exact shit within closed spaces with cars and trucks rushing at him from both sides.
Simultaneously, Cid can get an advantage due to Hei still needing to deal with the wires.
Are you forgetting about the fact that Hei can use Cid's wires against him?

not exactly, Cid has learnt every single martial art in existence and can make new ones on the fly so he would have no problem becoming better at Hei's fighting style than Hei himself
Luckily Hei doesn't give a **** about dying and has experience with opponents who can do the same while paralyzing her opponents for minutes on end.
Hei has fought enemies that can manipulate his opponents mind to think that he has already been killed just by movements alone?
Which wouldn't really help him much here, matter of fact if he tried to copy Hei's fighting style Hei would capitalize on that by frying him whenever they cross blades.
Cid would find weaknesses in his style and create a better one
So vague shit? Gotcha.
I did say that was pretty clear in terms of expressing his combat skill
Hei did this for 5 years straight.
i did like to see scans

not exactly, Cid has learnt every single martial art in existence and can make new ones on the fly so he would have no problem becoming better at Hei's fighting style than Hei himself
I'd like to see the scans please, secondly not how that works. Knowing every single martial art doesn't give you assassination skills, which is what Hei has. Hei isn't a martial artist, first and foremost he is an assassin.
Hei has fought enemies that can manipulate his opponents mind to think that he has already been killed just by movements alone?
Hei has resistance to Perception Manipulation so making him view images of himself dying ain't happening.
Cid would find weaknesses in his style and create a better one
Again, not helping him. Matter of fact copying Hei's style would only serve to be counterintuitive since that would mean Hei can electrocute him at close Meele range.
i did like to see scans
Nah.

Feel free to look up something called Heaven's War and read it. I'm not going through the entire anime to grab a clip. https://darkerthanblack.fandom.com/wiki/Heaven's_War

Back