• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Heavy Winter sucks - Lissandra (LoL) vs Letty Whiterock (Touhou Project)

You know what's fun? Not spamming a character that you start to despise because said character was spammed : p Let's spam other characters instead.

Multi Continental form. Speed equalized.

R1 - No equipment for Liss

R2 - Yes equipment

OP's thoughts - I think edge is on Liss close combat tbh.

Wouldn't Lissandra end up making Letty stronger via Liss just making it colder and thus the winter stronger? Leaning towards her that way...

As for round 2... oh sure, Lis gets equip but Graves can't get a cigar nor Letty grts system cards. Kidding but it delays the inevitable imo. Letty both rounds

Corruption might be a pain for her though. Should be pretty deadly. Alongside turning to ice. I don't think it's something so easy to just do that.

Hmm...

Round 1: Im gonna give it to Liss with Mid Difficulty. The main methods of both characters attacks would make the other stronger, but for Liss it would be moreso. Once Letty uses her Danmaku ise attacks she's basically gonna have a big red target painted on her back, covering the battlefield in ice gives Liss a huge advantage due to her ability to sense and see through ice, and like CoB said she can just corrupt said ice and turn it against Letty. The only issue i could see Liss having is getting through Letty's regen, but Letty is going to have a harder time getting past Lissandra's teleportation, temporarily invulnerability, and ice corruption.

Round 2: Liss but a bit easier. Pretty much the same reasons as above but with the added bonus of durability negation via the Sorcerer's Shoes and Liandry's Torment, as well as a second method of making herself temporarily invulnerable.

Well teleportation isn't really an issue when you blot out everythin with danmaku. And she can't spam that for long, there's also the big flight issue. Although thinking about it I forgot when Lissandra corrupted anything.

Also issue with magic pen is that it has to hit to be effective. They're both gonna have to rely on danmaku/kinetic attacks respectively

Question: Since Lissandra seems to lack flight, couldn't Letty abuse that in order to win, since they seem somewhat even on various other regards?

@CoB Danmaku doest blot everything out though its just a large amount of the battlefield that's taken up, but not all of it.

Oh yeah, Letty can fly...hmm...that could complicate things...

"Anivia began to sense a greater threat: an ancient evil growing deep within the earth. To her horror, she felt the pure magic of the ice itself become blackened and corrupt."

"Blackfrost Anivia - This skin depicts the aftermath of the Freljord Civil War if the Frostguard win. Their victory further spreads Lissandra's corruption of True Ice and, as a result, Anivia succumbs to it due to her elemental nature and tie to the Freljord."

"The night grew darker and the snow grew colder around me. Shadows moved across the faces of the glaciers as if something had come alive within them...A shape emerged from the darkness: a tall, slender figure floating over the ice. There was something faintly human about her, but it was clear she wasn't human at all. She remained deathly still as she silently glided towards me. Beneath her, wicked shards of unnatural black ice leapt from the ground."

Actually, now that i think about it flight shouldnt be much of an issue due to Liss' far greater range

@Fate

If you write up four paragraphs' worth of debate you get two pictures of Letty and Lissandra booty for the heavy award. And yes. Yes she can.

@Weekly

Danmaku is selectively made to be dodgeable. Without spellcard rules they can devour everything with danmaku ignoring the no blind spot rule that's always necessary. Even Impossible Spell Card won't be able to compare since they're still following it.

It's as I feared. Lissandra has to be really close to use it.

@Weekly 2

Big Issue, the only range thing Lissandra can use against Letty is more winter. Which she's immune to.

Well, dealing with a person who flies while dealing one or two attacks is one thing.

Dealing with one who spams bajillions of attacks per second to the point where machinegun fire looks like a broken gun is another.

Also, Letty power seems to be reliant on how cold it is. Arguably, like another person pointed out, fighting another Ice User could actually make her stronger (something similar is listed on her Cold Manipulation thing).

I think Letty will eventually take this both rounds by overwhelming her opponent with a superior firepower and attack spamming. Also her flight seems more usable in battle than what Lissandra has demonstrated from what I've seen so far. Plus, without spellcard rules restricting her, things will indeed get bad for Lissandra, as COB pointed out.

Combine that with Letty being used to dealing with other attack spammers and I'm leaning more on her, though with some diff. Maybe Mid ~ High.

OH, HEY, I'M VOTING TOUHOU IN A CLOSE MATCH, COB. WHAT YEAR IS IT?

Back