• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Heatran (Pokemon upgrade)

Abilities upgrade :

8345003-img_20220125_142012.jpg

8345009-screenshot_2022-01-25-14-24-46-278_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox.jpg
8345010-screenshot_2022-01-25-14-24-36-326_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox.jpg
8345011-screenshot_2022-01-25-13-54-15-837_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox.jpg

Possibly AP upgrade :

Considering Heatran got powered up by one of Arceus plates then I think it's probably safe to give him a "Possibly 2-A" rating I think ?

Sorry if I didn't post much informations I assume that you guys watched the special episode of "Arceus ,the one called God " already but if you didn't then here's a link for the episodes

About the abilities upgrade :

Agree : @Arceus0x , @GyroNutz , @XXKINGXX69 , @ProfessorKukui4Life, @hajime,@FinePoint , @XSOULOFCINDERX

Disagree :

About 2-A Heatran :

Agree : @ProfessorKukui4Life , @XXKINGXX69 ,@hajime, @FinePoint ,@XSOULOFCINDERX

Disagree : @Arceus0x ,

Last edited:
Thanks for the link. I'll watch. I'll watch them and give you my opinion, though i feel like he shouldn't really get 2-A

Considering Heatran got powered up by one of Arceus plates then I think it's probably safe to give him a "Possibly 2-A" rating I think ?
Didn't watch the ep but this shouldn't be a proof. Being powered from X doesn't make you in the same tier unless they have noe feats comparable to X.

Didn't watch the ep but this shouldn't be a proof. Being powered from X doesn't make you in the same tier unless they have noe feats comparable to X.
I'll watch em and i'll give you my opinion. Statements matter and if heatran has some statement that fits the bill he may just get the dub

anyways i agree with large size sorta and definitely space time manipulation.

2-A seems unfair but it may just be legit, it all depends on the next episodes as currently the lake trio are trying to stop him so he may end up fighting them. If he does then he may get a key for 2-A plate.

Currently with the plate we may as well add a key that says "with flame plate" and put him at "At least High 6-A, likely far higher".

I do recommend waiting til all the episodes are out as they come out in doubles and we're gonna get the finale soon

Oh, didnt see it. Agree with all except the AP, because you didn't post scans. Im sure he will scale to the Creation Trio, wait for all episodes first

Agree with the abilities, I'd hold out on the AP though. So far I haven't seen enough to support that rating.

New abilities Heatran should get:

Aura (Aura exists within all Pokemon. Has a massive heat aura)
Possible Vibration Manipulation (Heatran's Magma Storm being used on the Flame Plate caused massive shockwaves, it is possible that Heatran can replicate this in its new form)
Berserk Mode
Portal Creation (Created a portal to Cyrus' universe)
Blessed (Gains power from Arceus' Plate)
Holy Manipulation (Uses the power of Arceus' Plate)

Base form

Aura (Aura exists within all Pokemon [its stated in Lucario and the mystery of mew])
Resistance to Sound Manipulation (Tanked a bunch of Golbat's Supersonic attack)
Resistance to Explosion Manipulation (Can survive an explosion made from Toxicroak's Dig attack)

New abilities Heatran should get:

Aura (Aura exists within all Pokemon. Has a massive heat aura)
Possible Vibration Manipulation (Heatran's Magma Storm being used on the Flame Plate caused massive shockwaves, it is possible that Heatran can replicate this in its new form)
Berserk Mode
Portal Creation (Created a portal to Cyrus' universe)
Blessed (Gains power from Arceus' Plate)
Holy Manipulation (Uses the power of Arceus' Plate)

Base form

Aura (Aura exists within all Pokemon [its stated in Lucario and the mystery of mew])
Resistance to Sound Manipulation (Tanked a bunch of Golbat's Supersonic attack)
Resistance to Explosion Manipulation (Can survive an explosion made from Toxicroak's Dig attack)
i disagree with resistances. He took damage from the sound waves and the explosion so it isn't really a resistance, rather an AP difference. Aura i feel like is a stretch considering only Lucario can see it

I'm not sure about this. Seems analogous to chi, which flows through all living things in some verses but many of those living beings aren't able to use or do anything with the chi. I think we should only give Aura to Pokemon that can actually utilize it.

I do think the flame golem Heatran thing should scale to the gods, as it is one of Arceus's plates doing all the work and Arceus himself had to step in to resolve the issue.
Heatran confirmed for the weakest 2-A

pretty sure it was a minor plate since it didn't get added to arceus plates it just kinda got absorbed. basically he should just be "At least High 6-A, likely far higher"

pretty sure it was a minor plate since it didn't get added to arceus plates it just kinda got absorbed. basically he should just be "At least High 6-A, likely far higher"
I mean the combining attack of all pokemons ( including the lake guardians) didn't do shit to an amped Heatran so isn't that enough for 2-A already ?

I mean the combining attack of all pokemons ( including the lake guardians) didn't do shit to an amped Heatran so isn't that enough for 2-A already ?
they weren't serious. Cynthia quite literally says that Arceus only offers hints and tries to make humans help themselves out without getting involved too much, the lake guardians never really attacked properly, they kinda flew around and that's that.

That's just pure headcanon with no evidence

they weren't serious. Cynthia quite literally says that Arceus only offers hints and tries to make humans help themselves out without getting involved too much, the lake guardians never really attacked properly, they kinda flew around and that's that.
Arceus wasn't at his best, but that doesn't mean the Lake Trio weren't even trying. They did use psychic to try and damage Heatran with help from Pikachu

they weren't serious
No proof about that

Cynthia quite literally says that Arceus only offers hints and tries to make humans help themselves out without getting involved too much
Yes and that only applies to Arceus himself and not the lake guardians

the lake guardians never really attacked properly,
What do you mean by this ? The three lake guardians combined power didn't do shit to him and they literally needed Arceus help in order to slow him down

Last edited:
That's just pure headcanon with no evidence
Tbh i ain't sure about this either for the simple reason that Arceus in that shot had 17 plates, though idk whether it is supposed to have 17 or 18 at that point in the anime. I mean, heck, he'd have 19 if we count the recent legends place so i ain't sure.
Either way i won't retort, it is indeed me confusing the visuals here.
Arceus wasn't at his best, but that doesn't mean the Lake Trio weren't even trying. They did use psychic to try and damage Heatran with help from Pikachu
No proof about that
They barely tried. They literally just flew around doing nothing 99% of the time and the one time they used psychic was when Arceus was directly asked to assist and they used psychic to let them fly.
Yes and that only applies to Arceus himself and not the lake guardians
I call BS on these claims. The lake trio are shown to be under the direct command of Arceus and they only made their move when Arceus began helping.
A hole was blown in Heatran's fiery body by the combination of attacks from Pikachu and Piplup. Unless you are suggesting that the lake trio is below Pikachu and Piplup then i don't see any argument here.

Also why is everyone saying "no proof" when they provide 0 proof themselves?

They literally just flew around doing nothing 99%
And that doesn't necessarily imply that they were holding back especially when they literally needed Arceus help in the end which clearly suggest that not even the lake guardians were able to do a thing to him .

The lake trio are shown to be under the direct command of Arceus
And ? Arceus didn't ask them to hold back and play around he only ordered them to help the other pokemons.... which they failed, hence why Arceus had to intervene in the end

combination of attacks from Pikachu and Piplup
Because water type > fire type, it only happened because of elemental advantage and guess what ? It actually was Pikachu and Piplup and lake guardians combined attack

Unless you are suggesting that the lake trio is below Pikachu and Piplup then i don't see any argument here.
As stated above

You claimed that the lake trio were holding back then you're gonna have to post proof for that, I'm only going by what the visuals shows

Last edited:
And that doesn't necessarily imply that they were holding back especially when they literally needed Arceus help in the end which clearly suggest that not even the lake guardians were able to do a thing to him .
- Didn't do shiz for pretty much all the time until this point, did less damage to heatran than normal pokemon
-According to you they didn't hold back
-Bruh
Because water type > fire type they only did that because of elemental advantage and guess what ? It actually was Pikachu and Piplup and lake guardians combined attack
Lmao like that's a good reason. At this point you're just proving that the Lake trio in this instance were either holding back or were below 6-C pokemon, debunking 2-A in general.
You claimed they were holding back then you Proof
My proof was the Cynthia statement + them being under Arceus' direct command who sent them to tell ash to deal with the problem and who didn't wanna intervene for a while + the fact that the lake trio did less than a high 7-A pokemon in this fight.

Tbh i ain't sure about this either for the simple reason that Arceus in that shot had 17 plates, though idk whether it is supposed to have 17 or 18 at that point in the anime. I mean, heck, he'd have 19 if we count the recent legends place so i ain't sure.
Either way i won't retort, it is indeed me confusing the visuals here.

They barely tried. They literally just flew around doing nothing 99% of the time and the one time they used psychic was when Arceus was directly asked to assist and they used psychic to let them fly.

I call BS on these claims. The lake trio are shown to be under the direct command of Arceus and they only made their move when Arceus began helping.
A hole was blown in Heatran's fiery body by the combination of attacks from Pikachu and Piplup. Unless you are suggesting that the lake trio is below Pikachu and Piplup then i don't see any argument here.

The Pikachu and Piplup feat either means they're 2-A, its an "outlier", or they get upgraded to tier 6. Im pretty sure it would just be considered an outlier since we decided to have a rule where trained Pokemon can never be as strong as a legendary with a few exceptions. Doesn't apply to Heatran though

I don't see why only attacking once means they weren't serious. They were definitely serious about helping Heatran, they just don't use attacks very often

Examples: This and this are the only times ever before the Arceus special where they all use offensive attacks together, throughout several episodes.

Mesprit has never used an offensive attack in the anime by itself. This is the only occassion where Uxie uses an offensive attack by itself. They just don't even attack that much, but when they do, they should be tier 2 since they destroyed the Red Chain

The Pikachu and Piplup feat either means they're 2-A, its an "outlier", or they get upgraded to tier 6. Im pretty sure it would just be considered an outlier since we decided to have a rule where trained Pokemon can never be as strong as a legendary with a few exceptions. Doesn't apply to Heatran though

I don't see why only attacking once means they weren't serious. They were definitely serious about helping Heatran, they just don't use attacks very often

Examples: This and this are the only times ever before the Arceus special where they all use offensive attacks together, throughout several episodes.

Mesprit has never used an offensive attack in the anime by itself. This is the only occassion where Uxie uses an offensive attack by itself. They just don't even attack that much, but when they do, they should be tier 2 since they destroyed the Red Chain
doesn't change much. The lake trio still did less damage to Heatran than a freaking piplup. We cannot assume that pikachu and piplup are 2-A all of a sudden and adding up all of the context it just makes it even more reasonable to say that Heatran doesn't scale to 2-A.

I mean let's face it, the only time he even affected the physical bodies of the lake trio was when they got slightly blow back when they got hit by some wind. At this point it is easier to say that the avatars of the lake trios in this situation were weaker than usual instead of saying that Heatrun can beat up a multiverse buster because he was getting powered up by a plate out of which he couldn't even draw all of the energy.

In fact he was most likely indeed just drawing 'some of the energy'. Team galactic used a stress machine to inflict stress upon the plate to extract energy and Heatran went berserk by giving it too much energy and going out of control. If the stress machine didn't pull out all of the energy then so shouldn't heatran.

Back