• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hax and Hax Resistance in Dragon Ball in Comparision to Other Verses

I have seen in many versus threads being argued that DB characters will resist hax if they have an AP advantage(non-hax AP that is). But isn't this just a DB only thing and not related to other verses? Only in DB should hax resistance be countered by AP advantage or sufficient AP(like how Vegeta or Frieza can tank weaker hakais). It kinda defeats the point of the hax existing and turns the match into an AP vs AP slugfest. Also, it doesn't take into account that the hax used by other verses cannot be countered by AP but only if the character has a counter hax or specific hax resistance.

What I wish to propose is that the rules for DB hax be applied to opponent characters via verse equalisation. Other characters should, if they're powerful enough, be able to resist DB hax. Additionally, DB characters should not be able to resist any hax other than the haxes they've already resisted. Also, if the hax is more potent than the hax they've already resisted, there should be at least a struggle for them to begin resisting hax of that level(People argue that Goku can resist time stop, but Hit's time stop is horribly inferior to the likes of say DIO's but people argue that since DIO's AP is inferior to Goku's it won't affect him, which seems NLFy to me). DB hax is inherently flawed due to the way they're written and other characters suffer because of this.

What do you guys think? I am fairly new to the site so would appreciate your opinions.

Feels uncessesary. AP = Hax resistance is purely a DB Toriyama verse rule and should not be applied to fights where two characters are supposedly in a neutral verse.

@Akreious

But that's how Dragon Ball works. Just like how they don't treat the difference between 3-A and low 2-C as infinite.

AP= hax resistance in Dragon Ball no matter what way you look at it.

@Zenkai And that is exclusive to dragon ball. I hope you aren't trying to say DB is somehow exempt from the rules just because. DB "hax" resist only works for DB. Nothing outside of it.

I'm not. No need to strawman me and say I am speaking against the rules

The characters such as Kefla were upgraded to Low 2-C even though the difference in her 3-A form and Low 2-C isn't infinite. The staff have made adjustments to the rules if neccessary

Back