• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Has this been done yet: Connie vs the Composite Human

Paulo.junior.969 said:
Yeah, I care about what is shown too, but I'm not in charge here, so what can I do? But yeah, Connie has to play perfectly, dodge everything and not make a single mistake... which is exactly what she is going to do, because her battle experience is just that good.
Versus someone who's battle experience is better. The bottom line is, even if Connie is absolutely flawless and can keep up with someone who's more experienced than her, how does she close the gap? How does she deal with bombs, flash bangs, and toxic gas? At the very, very worse, CH can simply tire her out, since Connie doesn't actually have the stamina to keep up with him. CH can run for hours in a desert so hot that animals would fall to heat stroke. He can hold his breath for over 24 minutes. He can run miles upon miles without even building lactic acid. Connie simply can not compete with that.

Yeah, if the OC can get far enough away, it will be hard for her to close the gap, but with her battle experience, she might be able to do it.

SBA has them placed at CH's range, which means CH is already really, really far away.

And CH is still far more skilled than her, so no, she won't be able to do it. At least, not reliably enough to win.

I don't think just being a bunch of veterans is enough to compare to the skill of those who can defeat three battalions of the best warriors in the universe casually.

Heck, the longest war in history lasted 335 years (and most of it wasn't fighting), the Gem War lasted over 1,000.

Paulo.junior.969 said:
I don't think just being a bunch of veterans is enough to compare to the skill of those who can defeat three battalions of the best warriors in the universe casually.
If we're going by years, millions of years of all the greatest warriors of all time, those who were stars, miracles among humanity, able to fight no matter what came to them... Far surpasses a few thousand.

The OP puts it quite well: Who wins, someone who can fight people thousands of years old, or someone who created every martial art ever, fought in every war, has invented and used every weapon, conventional or non conventional, to a masters' degree, and can kill you in anyway a human has ever killed anything ever.

None of which really compare to SU's bullshit lore only battle experience, since the longest war the OC has been in only lasted 335 years.

Honestly, I never liked using that lore only experience the SU characters have, but it has always been used as an argument for SU characters, as in, literally every SU thread uses that, including the ones that were added, so what can I do? If you don't agree with that, go complain to whoever is in charge of the SU matches, that's really not with me.

CinnabarManx421 said:
Humans haven't been around for millions of years.
Oh yeah, that too, Gems canonically have been fighting for much longer than humanity has even existed. Like, for real, when they arrived at Earth, humans were still primitives, and they had been conquering wolrds for eons by that point.

CinnabarManx421 said:
Humans haven't been around for millions of years.
Collectively, across the life spans of each and every one of them?

Humanity has existed for around 200,000 years, a quick google search says. And the amount of people humanity consists of...

Paulo.junior.969 said:
None of which really compare to SU's bullshit lore only battle experience, since the longest war the OC has been in only lasted 335 years.
Honestly, I never liked using that lore only experience the SU characters have, but it has always been used as an argument for SU characters, as in, literally every SU thread uses that, including the ones that were added, so what can I do? If you don't agree with that, go complain to whoever is in charge of the SU matches, that's really not with me.
I don't like using lore "muh years" experience either. Nobody is 'in charge' of SU matches; a bad argument is a bad argument. If you don't like it, then debate it, like I am right now.

Honestly, I've never been a fan of this bullshit lore only skill we give to the SU character, but it is accepted in pretty much every SU match, so what can I do?

Paulo.junior.969 said:
Honestly, I've never been a fan of this bullshit lore only skill we give to the SU character, but it is accepted in pretty much every SU match, so what can I do?
You can debate it.

If you don't like an argument this wiki uses, go complain to someone who is part of the wiki, not with someone who has nothing to do with anything like me.

Paulo.junior.969 said:
If you don't like an argument this wiki uses, go complain to someone who is part of the wiki, not with someone who has nothing to do with anything like me.
Arguments aren't officially mandated like that. Ant doesn't stand behind a desk with a folder of allowed arguments, look at Steven Universe skill, and go "Well that's a fact, people! No challenging this!"

There isn't anyone to go to. Even if it was something concrete, such as AP, all you'd have to do is make a CRT. Experience is easier; just debate why you think the skill matters less.

I don't think it does matter, but if this wiki does (which it does, since SU matches that use that as arguments have been added), then I just follow it, my opinion doesn't matter, because if it did, I wouldn't be debating on this wiki, I would go somewhere else, it's pretty simple actually.

I'm just going to say this outright. If Connie closes the distance, no amount of skill is gonna save CH. She's in the Megajoules, he can't scratch that. Poison is literally his only option.

That said, it's an option he's likely to land. If he goes for it.

He's fighting a grade schooler. It's not going to be his first instinct. This isn't even the same case as when he was fighting Baldi, an adult who could be much stronger than he looks, giving CH reason to be cautious. Connie is a scrawny, pre-teen girls with a giant pink sword. He has no reason to believe he needs to range spam, or poison right off the bat.

Range is not several kilometers here, as none if CH's weapons given in this scenario have that range. If he starts with anything that's not poison, he gets chopped up.

CH includes child murderers and war criminals, and 9-B+/9-A weapons is basically only rocket launchers and shit. CH has no reason to not poison her, since the people who have done those things to kids who didn;'t even have swords didn't either.

Paulo.junior.969 said:
You can well, debate things. Change is allowed to happen.

CH doesn't give a shit about grade schoolers. Connie could be a toddler with a toothpick and CH, optimizing on any chance of victory, will use the most potent strategy in the situation. There's no reason for him to endanger himself for no reason when he doesn't have to.

Especially since CH will catch Connie's shields and reflections rather quickly, and you honestly can't argue he'll run head first into someone who's only armed with a sword like that.

Not to mention, CH's skill is for dodging more than actually fighting Connie in melee.

CH has any weapon up to 9-A. So that means all his sniper rifles, too. So the range would be very long.

Paulo.junior.969 said:
I don't think it does matter, but if this wiki does (which it does, since SU matches that use that as arguments have been added), then I just follow it, my opinion doesn't matter, because if it did, I wouldn't be debating on this wiki, I would go somewhere else, it's pretty simple actually.
Removal threads exist. I mean, you're basically admitting you don't believe in Steven Universe skill, but only going with it because that's what other people say. And I don't really know how to respond to that.

Wokistan said:
You can well, debate things. Change is allowed to happen.
Nah, not really, most revisions are only accepted if they are done by well known members, and even then it starts a thread with 100+ replies that I don't have the patience to read, and I really don't care enough about it to do so; regardless, my opinion really doesn't matter, it never did, I'm just here to waste my time saying "FRA" in random thread about cartoon characters and OCs instead of doing something useful with my life, so it's easier if I just let things happen.

CinnabarManx421 said:
Honestly yeah gonna vote Connie FRA.
No arguments for Connie closing the gap have been presented, though. Until someone provides a way a lesser skilled opponent can close a gap that large, there's no argument for Connie.

Exactly, that's what I do.

Yea, I don't know what to tell you, man. You could always just debate it? If you honestly don't believe it, then certainly don't argue for it, yea?

That's rather nihilistic. You doing alright?

People do become well known for a reason, I will say that. I became an admin and I've only been here as a non lurker for a year and a few months, for instance. Not having time or desire is understandable, but it is possible to break the glass ceiling, so to speak.

Meh, the two options I have when I meet something I don't agree with is go against it or just give up and go with it; I choose to give up.

I mean, yeah. He includes people who have gassed children. But never in a fight. He has no reason to think that that is what he 100% has to do to win. He has no reason to think he has to do anything specific to win. Grade schoolers who can survive bullets don't exist irl. He has no reason to think shooting indangers him.

He has "a" weapon up to 9-A. It could be any one weapon, but the OP doesn't specify. He's either gonna have a sniper rifle or a rocket launcher, not both.

Granted, if he does have those weapons, then that changes the close range scenario I had in mind, giving him plenty of time to realize the threat Connie poses and gas.

Voting CH.

I wonder if OP means he can choose a weapon? Although even with any semi-automatic weapon, CH will on-average have at least a few dozen meters, which should certainly be enough if he keeps moving and, at times, uses stealth to his advantage.

Also, I agree. You're better than you think you are, Paulo.

Paulo.junior.969 said:
Anyway, right now I think that's 3 for the OC and 2 for Connie.
Who's the other? Since Cinnibar hasn't really presented his own argument for how Connie gets close to CH, and you admitted you don't even believe in Connie's skill, which even at how you present it, is lower than CH's.

So it should probably be 3-0, until someone presents a way for Connie to actually get close and win, or at least debunk arguments.

I meant in the op, can someone give a suggestion on what would be good 9-B+ weapon because I only know two. I feel like a high caliber sniper would have too far of range but a rocket launcher has a big AoE so I don't know which one would be fairer.

Also this thread exploded while I wasn't paying attention, I assume people that were in the thread know who voted for who more than me, I'm just following one of the earlier comments I saw when it came to score.

Paulo.junior.969 said:
He FRAed my argument, which is that Connie scales in skill from characters who have been fighting for eons by the time humanity was still getting started.
But you don't believe in your own argument, and even then your argument doesn't account for CH's better skill.

That was what was shown in this sin against humanity, worst episode in the series by far, the mere fact I have to even adress its existence makes me want to puke Now We're Only Falling Apart, Gems are far older than humans as a species, already being a Interstellar Civilization back when humans were Pre-Industrial, and since they never die, they get to keep all the experience that they get by constantly invading planets, and the Crystal Gems are above average ever by their standards, being able to take on multiple battalions of them single handedly and being able to keep up with a character who is considered to be the ultimate Quartz Soldier.

Back