• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Sonic restored the time and space in sonic generations only by running... that means he has infinite speed(?)

I know there were 2 sonics but if we want to split the work for restore the time and space, well: infinite speed : 2 = infinite...

I use to think this meant he was like billions of times faster than light when I was younger, but no it doesn't grant him any speed upgrade. Restoring space and time by running isn't actually calculable. So this feat doesn't grant him speed but it does grant him minor reality warping though. Hope this helps.

MYHERO said:
I use to think this meant he was like billions of times faster than light when I was younger, but no it doesn't grant him any speed upgrade. Restoring space and time by running isn't actually calculable. So this feat doesn't grant him speed but it does grant him minor space time manipulation though. Hope this helps.
in this doesn't means infinite speed... then "unknown"?

I think it can be argued as immeasurable in reactions as well,since he goes through a stage that was ripped out of the continuum & performs many actions throughout. It would be classified as a gargantuan outlier here though.

ED INFINITUM said:
I think it can be argued as immeasurable in reactions as well,since he goes through a stage that was ripped out of the continuum & performs many actions throughout. It would be classified as a gargantuan outlier here though.
well, i love discuss about this things so yeah.. i think too Sonic's speed can be immesurable

Well actually I think Shadow has a point here. I think Sonic should get immeasurable speed as a separate key not related to his base or Super form.

Nah, it wouldn't scale to his reactions. I wouldn't equate the act of him traversing a stage as immeasurable speed, which just wouldn't make sense as the stage is in a single time period, only him travelling from one stage to another (time travel).

can i ask a thing? Why in Sonic Generations there is "Crisis City"? Isn't that stage from the future?

They threw it in there as a reference to Sonic 06. Generations is an anniversary title that celebrates the history of past Sonic games, so they gave it a time travel theme.

ShadowWarrior1999 said:
They threw it in there as a reference to Sonic 06. Generations is an anniversary title that celebrates the history of past Sonic games, so they gave it a time travel theme.
yeah but reference or not, Time eater delete a future part...

However, Sonic only displays infinite speed by going into those zones. And Super Sonic bringing back time is just minor Reality Warping and further explanation of his Space-Time Manipulation.

You maybe think he only goes into infinite speed because he either surpasses his limits or showcased a greater amount of speed to, the only reason he ever really displays this amount of speed is because it's the only time he has to and he mostly holds back most of his power half the time.

Sonic never displays Infinite speed feats ever again. The "He's always holding back" argument doesn't work because he's also been sucked into black hole when he was going all out. It's a heavy outlier for base Sonic and at best it only applies to Super Sonic, who has way more feats putting him at MFTL-MFTL+.

Unoriginal Memes said:
Sonic never displays Infinite speed feats ever again. The "He's always holding back" argument doesn't work because he's also been sucked into black hole when he was going all out. It's a heavy outlier for base Sonic and at best it only applies to Super Sonic, who has way more feats putting him at MFTL-MFTL+.
Ok first of all it's only an outlier if something contradicts, second of all Sonic has shown to be holding back of some degree when he stated this when fighting Emerl in Sonic Battle, him being sucked into a black hole would be Plot Induced Stupidity and the black hole was expanding rapidly plus he was already done fighting a mech of Eggman which was already powerful and probably tiredh im out, he also casually outruns black holes and this would be an outlier and even then Immeasurable/Infinite speed feat he has in Sonci Generations comes after this so called outlier feat in Colors can be explaid through Sonic always getting stronger.

If something only happens once and is never shown again, it's an outlier. I have no idea what you think " outlier" means, but you're mistaken.

Him getting sucked into the black hole contradicts your ludicrous belief in "Infinite Speed Base Sonic". He outran it for a while though, which supports Sonic moving at FTL speeds.

And "getting stronger/faster" doesn't excuse the fact that Sonic went from being FTL in base to Infinite. That is clearly an outlier as Sonic has never displayed any speed feats like that ever again.

And the fact that it's far superior to every other speed feat he does.

Also, don't type so fast that you misspell a hundred words. I can barely read your comment.

It's an outlier if only something contradicts it, otherwise your just saying it's wrong because he never does it again.

It doesn't contradict anything, I literally just said he got caught by it because it was expanding, you ignored my point.

Technically Sonic getting stronger and faster would explain him going from FTL speed to Infinite Speed since he is overall getting stronger and improving every second.

By your logic if I lift 300 pounds one time and never do it again, it's an outlier.

Yes, because he's moving infinitely fast in a Area with no time and space. Eggman In generations even says "there is no time here" meaning it doesn't exist, Sonic not only moves the empty time-space but runs back the dial and restores time. this revision post I made here: https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/2581763 explains why sonic would have infinite speed, and explains the "void".

its both Hax and a Speed Feat.

Sonic also broke out of Null Space (Which is closed off from every dimension) the event is said to have never happened but did.

There was a video where super sonic was confirmed to have infinite speed, but it was deleted.

So Sonic does have and had infinite speed (Which he used to have on his profile) but was removed literally because someone said "eerrr durrr it's outlier" like you serious?

It's shown in one game and never shown again. There's also the fact that it's way better than anything base Sonic has shown. If you want Infinite speed Sonic, than Sonic has to show some more Infinite seed feats in other games and not just Generations.

The "Infinite Speed Base Sonic" is the definition of an outlier. An outlier is something way beyond or below something's general feats. Infinite speed base Sonic dits with that perfectly, as it's way beyond his general speed feats and he shows no other feats like this.

Sonic needs 3 Infinite speed feats in more than just one game to prove that he moves at that speed and it isn't an outlier. And your"getting stronger/faster" argument means nothing as it doesn't explain such drastic changes in speed.

Unoriginal Memes said:
It's shown in one game and never shown again. There's also the fact that it's way better than anything base Sonic has shown. If you want Infinite speed Sonic, than Sonic has to show some more Infinite seed feats in other games and not just Generations.

The "Infinite Speed Base Sonic" is the definition of an outlier. An outlier is something way beyond or below something's general feats. Infinite speed base Sonic dits with that perfectly, as it's way beyond his general speed feats and he shows no other feats like this.

Sonic needs 3 Infinite speed feats in more than just one game to prove that he moves at that speed and it isn't an outlier. And your"getting stronger/faster" argument means nothing as it doesn't explain such drastic changes in speed.
Uhhhh he can travel through the null space which is closed off from every dimension which is not too different from the Infinite speed feat. So technically he has shown godly speed feats 2 times at least in base. On another note There's also Super Sonic And Time Eater traveling across different dimensions and Super Sonic, Shadow And Silver Following Solaris through the entire time stream of the past, present and future.

You have sort of a point but the problem is when it comes to Base Sonic his good feats are looked down upon as if it never existed.

All he needs is two honestly not three, the problem with a outlier is the lack of inconsistency, if a massive god speed feat is done two times by traveling through dimensions or running in empty time it shows consistency just enough to be considered.

That's because they are way above anything he's normally portrayed.

Base Sonic has around 10 or more FTL speed feats. And the standards for a void are pretty strict. If we allowed moving in Null Space to be evidence for Infinite speed, than other feats, like Super Dimentio moving in the Void, would be brought back.

However, feats like those don't meet the standards for a timeless void.

Unoriginal Memes said:
That's because they are way above anything he's normally portrayed.

Base Sonic has around 10 or more FTL speed feats. And the standards for a void are pretty strict. If we allowed moving in Null Space to be evidence for Infinite speed, than other feats, like Super Dimentio moving in the Void, would be brought back.

However, feats like those don't meet the standards for a timeless void.
But the infinite-immeasurable speed feat was done twice. That's consistent.

1. Dimentio is a bad analogy for this topic and 2. Except Super Dimentio's void was specifically stated to make a space time continuum timeless or be oblivious to the concept of time.

The Sonic Generations is literally a type 3 void by context and it's undeniable (as shown in my post) People I have shown this to don't even disagree with the notion, they reply with "well people still argue Sonics infinite speed feat to be an outlier".

Unoriginal Memes said:
Twice is not consistent.
It would be actually because it uses a writing strategy called "rule of thumb" which basically means something can't be considered an asspull or a random over high end feat because the occurrence has been pointed out or happened 2 times.

The "Black Hole" That sonic ran From was not a real black hole but the result of the hyper-go energy (which rivals the chaos emeralds) That Sonic used on the Metal Wisp. It doesn't contradict Sonics greater Speed Feats.

It's consistent. Do you know what consistent is?

Unoriginal Memes said:
Not when Sonic has displayed way more feats on the FTL side. He is way more consistent with simple FTL speed feats.
Him doing more ftl feats than infinite-immeasurable speed feats does not Debunk the consistency nor does it contradict the notion of the two.

Sonic has done two feats relating to the "outlier" statistics one being infinite and the next being infinite-immeasurable. So my argument is it shouldn't be an outlier because he's shown to have done it two times and no other scenario of his being or feats or fights or escape scenarios has contradicted such.

I am not trolling, and two feats would be enough as it shows consistency. Display exactly why it isn't consistent, why it is not enough, you're bringing up the argument of how it's an outlier despite the fact he two feats. You are the one arguing against it.

^

I already talked about that, not everyone who was in the white void was perfectly unharmed, they were swallowed by the effects of a white limbo, the Eggmen wasn't swallowed by the white limbo probably because of pis or a gag moment, everyone else except sonic of course like amy, Tails, knuckles, the chaotix, And a few more were frozen, people who are nearly as fast as Sonic like silver, Metal Sonic And Shadow Stayed unharmed.

^ okay heck no. If that was supposed to spit on my arguments that wouldn't Debunk it.

As the people stated above Sonic has more ftl feats than infinite speed (he has two, One in generations and one in Forces that's actually potentially immeasurable) , Him having more ftl feats doesn't affect his infinite speed feats and is never contradicted.

Another argument is it's inconsistent, it has happened 2 times though, how is it not consistent? Since the person brought up that argument I want to know how because if he refuses to explain it's hitchens razor.

Neutral, not sure if Generations [a lot of char. was shown breathing in it], Solaris [Eggman could brethe in it] and Infinite voids lacked of space-time, Sonic has a lot of stuff like Marvel char. so he might was portrayed far higher than regular showing like when he competed with Tier 2 Void in Shuffle.

The real cal howard said:
Sonic should be irrelevant speed. Stated to be the fastest video game character which puts him above Elder Scrolls characters in speed. And it's not an outlier because he's variable.

Checkmate, Nintendo fanboys. Sega does what Nintendon't.
But I thought you were a Nintendo fanboy...

Back