• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Has Bahamut's Fury Hexafang's speed ever been calc'd?

In Zack Fair's profile it is mentioned he is fast enough to dodge the attack. Mainly:

https://youtu.be/ACmmEmvJNuo?t=290 We see Zack casually dodging the move by running, and at 2:54 we see Bahamut Fury shooting the spikes at the moon and they reach it in around 2 seconds.

I know the attack in itself isn't impressive compared to Bahamut's Fury movement speed which is FTL+ which is the one used for the FFVII cast, but I thought it could be a good backup feat of a more direct reaction speed display. given some disregard Bahamut Fury scaling as travel speed only and thus it shouldn't count and all that.

I am aware the attack shouldn't be slower than Bahamut itself, but if the attack was calc'd by itself without scaling, how fast would it be? I'd try myself, but I am a complete caveman with numbers.

I don't think I have ever seen it calc'd. But, given the moon is at 384,400 km from earth and the spikes reach it in 2 seconds aprox., wouldn't it mean the attack is at over the speed of light more or less? 192,200 km per second or so. I dunno.

Though I guess what you mean is given the moon in the cinematic looks larger than it would look in real life distance, people might argue that it's actually much closer to the planet and the distance is much shorter.

Back