• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I'm not really sure if you can ban semblance, it just says higher and not a real tier. Asfor SK, how does cannon creation and pocket dimension work?

Wokistan said:
I'm not really sure if you can ban semblance, it just says higher and not a real tier. Asfor SK, how does cannon creation and pocket dimension work?
You can restrict an ability if it gives a character a higher tier.

Does Hanabi even use electricity? If not Nora's semblance wont even come into play here so there's no point banning it

Yeah, but the semblance doesn't give her an actual tier, just way more damage. I have seen that higher ranking used without tier jumping, especially in wide tiers lile 4-B.

Oh, derp. I thought this was post-timeskip Nora.

Yeah, you can't restrict semblance.

Nvm then you can

Also, why do rwby dudes have powerlifting wiki links?

What constitutes thinking too hard ƒñöƒñöƒñöƒñöƒñö

hmm, ok. Going off from her profile, and from what I can remember from RWBY, Hanabi likely has the edge here. Nora's semblance is useless against her since she doesn't have any lightning attacks, and Nora's hammer charge thing takes plenty of time, and requires her to get someone else to keep her enemies distracted while revving it up, which I highly doubt she'll get since it's a 1v1 match. Hanabi's AP gap also makes it harder for Nora to handle her, and frantic mode is hardly an issue for Hanabi since at worst case scenario, she'd just have her defense dropped at Nora's level, not really enough for her getting oneshotted. Bombs and cannons likely counter Nora's grenade launcher, which will end up in Nora having a good chunk of her aura drained until she's KO'd. Hanabi gets my vote.

Nora's hammer charge doesnt take time and she can use it to amp herself by absorbing the electricity

Yes it does take time, I already addressed that, and she can't use it when she has to stand still and charge it as shown in the geist grimm fight.

No it doesnt take time, i already addressed that, and she stood still because she was waiting for her team to get the Geist into position

Yes it does take time, did you not watch the fight at all? She clearly needed time to charge her attack, otherwise she would've charged at the geist grimm from the start. And even then, Hanabi is not gonna stand there and just let her charge her attack unless she actually does that in one of the games she's in.

No it doesnt take time, look at the video i just posted of the fight, she charged it instantly and was waiting for Ren and Ruby to get it into position for her to be able to hit its face.

Nora isnt dumb enough to just bullrush a grimm of that size

Nora doesnt need to stand there to charge the attack, she does it instantly. Even then she can do it while moving as per her 'Charged Up' ability, as well as having other methods of using electricity offensively.

@Weekly nothing about that entire charge sequence suggested that she needed to get the grimm into position from the get go, not to mention her yelling READY suggested that it took time for the hammer to charge.

@Schmuck ok, so the hammer charge isn't going to work.

Charged Up: Nora performs an aerial attack while conducting electricity with her weapon which sends out a shock wave of electricity that spreads between enemies hit with Nora's shock wave as she lands.

She can charge her weapon while moving and fighting

No but her electricity can stun people hit by it. Nora is also far more skilled in combat than Hanabi

Her electricity has never shown to stun anyone with it. Unless you can bring some compararisons on how skilled she is compared to Hanabi, I doubt a girl that spent most of her childhood being homeless is more skilled than a girl who's been training for as long as she can remember.

WeeklyBattles said:
Nora is also far more skilled in combat than Hanabi
Sorry I must have forgotten the part in RWBY where they talked about how Nora has been combat training nonstop since she was two years old and specifically selected to be a forerunner of an event that only takes place once a millennium.

Gimme a sec i'll find a clip of it

Considering Hibani gets visibly distracted by her own attacks and if she thinks to hard she can blow herself up, she doesnt seem all that skilled rather she just seems more destructive

@Arrogant what are some of Hibari's feats of combat intelligence? From her profile all i can glean is that if she thinks too much in a fight she can blow herself up, she is distracted by her own attacks, and she has been eaten alive before.

Even her summary describes her as only being able to think in a straightforward manner and not being the sharpest tool in the shed

Arrogant Schmuck said:
Where'd you get this from?
"The sisters would have joined the rest of their village in this fate had the strange girl not arrived just as the monster was approaching them. As the sisters watched they saw that the girl was not all that she seemed. She managed to hold her own against the yoma until it gobbled her whole, but only moments later the beast exploded into pieces. Though it was assumed the strange girl was the cause of the explosion, she was nowhere to be seen afterwards."

Back