• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Halloween match. (Daimon Hellstrom VS Luthor Harkon)

What's Luthor's deal? Daimon generally leads with soulfire blasts which he can use AOE (which is simultaneously hot ass fire and soulhax although the latter doesn't matter here), if that doesn't work he'll bust out his Sealing RQ. He should also amp himself to High 6-C quickly enough so he probably doesn't get one-shot. Also whatever that gimmick is he'll probably sense it through his ESP/Precog

This is tricky given Luthor Harkon's Power Null Aura and resistance to general supernatural hax just says no to any hax that comes near him, but he's also insane and is very likely to throw a match on his own.

That being said, Harkon is REALLY fucky in matches, he's just as likely to do nothing with a "**** anything supernatural you throw at me" aura up then to be outright buttfuck crazy or have another personality go into play.

I'm pretty sure some of Daimon's supernatural stuff is 4-D considering it's affected dear 'ol daddy and Dormammu. Although it is a bit difficult to evaluate since he is still inferior to them

It is kinda hard to tell what is and isn't admittedly. That said, regarding the alt personality OP says it's control, does that change things?

Anyway if he's unreliable I think Daimon is more likely be the first to use hax considering he's got like 10 different ways to sense the other guy is a threat between esp and precog. Plus he's got pretty good AOE

Unless your name is Archaon, Nagash, Sigmar, Morghur, or Lord Kroak, kinda no. Occasional chaos champion with immortality reliant on their respective deities happens semi-often, and everyone has a soul a 5-6-D distance away, but that's really it.
Greater Daemon Mages like Lords of Change have 5D hax too

Basically how I see this, it entirely comes down on who beats who in close combat, Harkons powernull aura basically makes it so ANY hax Hellstrom has is completely negated the second it comes close to Harkon, and Harkon himself is going to shooting at Hellstrom and spamming undead fodder until he comes close. The big question is, how good is Hellstrom's close range stuff? Generally every appearance I've seen of Hellstrom, it's generally just spamming longrange attacks via Hellfire, or swinging his trident around. Luthor on the other hand has a pretty solid scaling chain, vampire lords in general have centuries minimum experience as only the strongest and most careful and skilled vampires actually live that long, on top of this, he is of the Blooddragon Bloodline, who are vampires who have COMPLETELY dedicated their lives to combat and honing their skills. Above this, he is one of the best of the Blooddragons, and as the master of the Vampire Coast, he is a master of defeating other vampires and similar beings to steal their ship or subjugate them. Obviously this depends on his sanity at the time however, if we ARE locking him to his "Mad" personality, this means he's bloodlusted and has no recognition of his own personal safety.

The other main point is how effective is Hellstrom's regeneration, as vampiric regeneration is pretty fast and strong, and while they both have Mid regen, Hellstrom's Mid reasoning, entirely relies on his statement that he could possibly survive getting shot in the head. Same with his regeneration negation, as it seems pretty vague on what's going on, the one panel only really explaining the Breathing Gun delivers wounds that cannot heal not him, and the other panel just someone getting shot by the Breathing Gun, and explaining that it's the only thing that can harm demons there.

WAIT, if Hellstrom is literally only High 6-C through his magic amps, then he's completely screwed in close combat, as the second he gets close his magic is going to go away which would include his amps, he actually gets hard countered here.

Again it's very likely that Hellstrom's power source, the Darksoul, is 4-D, at that's where other 4-D stuff like his sealing comes from (In fact basically everything he does comes from his internal power, even summoning his trident), and an overload of its energy killed a guy that was threatening Satan (Scans). Admittedly it is a little inconsistent cause at another time Satan still beats him with the Darksoul albeit with some more effort, but in that run Satan was >>> Mephisto and other Hell Lords so I do think it makes sense for Hellstrom's power source to be 4-D. I think.

So yeah I wouldn't be sure that Harkon powernulls, especially since Reaper said it himself it's not necessarily likely he'll lead with that powernull.

Skillwise he's alright, he's fought hordes of demons by himself and brawled with Satan and other very old demons, he's got a couple of other decent showings but he's far from the most skilled Marvel character, and he does indeed usually lead with fire blasts. But as you said he might just be stuck in a 9-A body if he actually is powernulled

Hellstrom's regen is somewhat fast for minor injuries since he gets shot in the leg and two panels later he goes "wtf it's not healing", unknown for bigger stuff. I apologize if the negation is a little poorly worded, basically demons regenerate from any injury given to them by mortal weapons, and only stuff like Daimon's own demonic powers or special weapons like the Breathing Gun can deny that.

Wouldn't his hax actually be 6d scaling from Dormammu? Definitely above 4d for sure.

Then again, Dormammu is a mess rn, so not sure if it counts for anything

Modern Dormammu is way weaker as I understand it, so I'm just gonna say 4-D as a lowball, cause he definitely is tier 2 still

Again it's very likely that Hellstrom's power source, the Darksoul, is 4-D, at that's where other 4-D stuff like his sealing comes from (In fact basically everything he does comes from his internal power, even summoning his trident), and an overload of its energy killed a guy that was threatening Satan (Scans). Admittedly it is a little inconsistent cause at another time Satan still beats him with the Darksoul albeit with some more effort, but in that run Satan was >>> Mephisto and other Hell Lords so I do think it makes sense for Hellstrom's power source to be 4-D. I think.

So yeah I wouldn't be sure that Harkon powernulls, especially since Reaper said it himself it's not necessarily likely he'll lead with that powernull.

Skillwise he's alright, he's fought hordes of demons by himself and brawled with Satan and other very old demons, he's got a couple of other decent showings but he's far from the most skilled Marvel character, and he does indeed usually lead with fire blasts. But as you said he might just be stuck in a 9-A body if he actually is powernulled

Hellstrom's regen is somewhat fast for minor injuries since he gets shot in the leg and two panels later he goes "wtf it's not healing", unknown for bigger stuff. I apologize if the negation is a little poorly worded, basically demons regenerate from any injury given to them by mortal weapons, and only stuff like Daimon's own demonic powers or special weapons like the Breathing Gun can deny that.
Thanks for clarifying a lot of that, I love the character but rarely get solid chances to read his stuff, his powernull however is passive, it's an aura radiating from him, reaper was more referring to depending on the personality, Harkon might just end up standing there and not do anything, but his aura will still be active

Thanks for clarifying a lot of that, I love the character but rarely get solid chances to read his stuff, his powernull however is passive, it's an aura radiating from him, reaper was more referring to depending on the personality, Harkon might just end up standing there and not do anything, but his aura will still be active
Hellstrom might sense it and stay away, if he is susceptible to it after all.

He's all over the place, admittedly, and most stuff that actually stars him isn't very good IMO. I recommend the original Marvel Spotlight 12-24 and Spirits of Vengeance, most of his runs are kinda bad but I like those. Savage Avengers is worth a mention, he doesn't have too big a role in there but I do enjoy that portrayal and Savage Avengers is overall really good.

Yeah LMFAO, most of the stuff I've read has been from Midnight Sons, Spirits of Vengeance, Marvel Zombies 4 and some of his older stuff, it's unfortunate that he really suffers from being one of those characters that Marvel never really puts in the spotlight as much and just lets me do whatever with

I also wish someone who cared was writing him lol

Btw, have you watched the Helstrom series? Curious if it's good or not

Back