• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Half Life: Gorgeous Freeman HEV Upgrades/Revisions.

Here is the current version of the Gordon Sandbox.

Yeah I'm fine with that. We can probably discuss Upgrades later (probably when the calcs get evaluated).
Yeah, I was worried intially that this was all there was in the lads stats (I could have sworn Gordon was faster then the "average joe" per instance, like we have the Hypersonic satchel feat or possibly physically stronger then that or this) Until discussing the upgrades. But nevertheless again I'm happy on the resurgence regarding Half Life.

FI0-qiHWQAMXF8D

Abstractions would be a good person to start with. She's knowledgeable on boomer shooters, but she only shared her thoughts on the 9-A+ ratings.

So it seems Abstracto isn't responding currently... Maybe busy as Shmoomp is right now but we'll wait...
half_life_3_by_offyerrocker-d5gtvl0.png

(Worry levels: 40%)
This is probably the final change for the Sandbox involving stats or powers & ability changes (it was just Acid Resistance cause Antlion Workers). I'm gonna keep working on the references when I have time (cause that's a requirement for profiles now)
Also in the nick of time. Something for Diamond Drone if he can hear me right now: I'm aware it may not be the time right now, but a heads up as when you're fully free a colleague of mine wanted to see your assistance later... Think you're up for it?

Massive Bump!

Given that we're gonna wait for staff input, why not just have some discussion on the current version of profile sandbox (aside from the Tier 8 stuff, cause we've pretty much agreed to discuss it later).
  • Currently, the HL2 Explosives aren't scaled to HL1 Explosives in the sandbox. Would it be reasonable to just scale the HL2 bombs to the HL1 ones? Given they should be more or less equal to eachother, it's stronger to the human vaporizing AR2/Pulse Rifle anyway (given that it takes more AR2 hits than RPG hits to kill a Strider, I'm planning on adding footage of that claim here it is) and it goes along with the next point...
  • The Durability section doesn't differentiate between "without armor durability" and "with armor durability" and the weakness section states "The Suit needs to be charged, otherwise Gordon's dura. is decreased", making the assumption that the durability is for the "with armor". Would it be fine to include "(Explosive/High Tier) with armor" for both keys? It would probably be Small Building+ for the first or both keys, since Gordon can survive several explosions from himself and from others.
    • It's also weaker than the Airstrike calc with all 6 missiles (2016 calc that uses rock values for concrete), so it fulfills this (though debatably each individual missile should scale to the RPG, as it was the quantity of the missiles that killed Gordon, not an individual rocket, if I remember correctly).
  • Should Gordon be athletic or average in speed?
  • Is it fine including abilities that are debatably Gameplay Mechanics? (a.k.a. Lock-On Targeting and IPhone eyelids)
  • Changing the Standard Equipment from saying "Here's the list of weapons he uses (except these)" that leads to link to a vertical list that gives a brief description of each weapon's function and links (which is used in the outdated profile, but generally of higher quality?)
These are probably the best thing to discuss right now while waiting. Also the 8-C+ Gargantua calc was accepted, so when the Tier 8 discussion starts we will have... something to discuss (waiting for the Hunter vaporization calc to get evaluated, so we have another calc to discuss alongside it)

Last edited:
bump
Given that we're gonna wait for staff input, why not just have some discussion on the current version of profile sandbox (aside from the Tier 8 stuff, cause we've pretty much agreed to discuss it later).
  • Currently, the HL2 Explosives aren't scaled to HL1 Explosives in the sandbox. Would it be reasonable to just scale the HL2 bombs to the HL1 ones? Given they should be more or less equal to eachother, it's stronger to the human vaporizing AR2/Pulse Rifle anyway (given that it takes more AR2 hits than RPG hits to kill a Strider, I'm planning on adding footage of that claim here it is) and it goes along with the next point...
  • The Durability section doesn't differentiate between "without armor durability" and "with armor durability" and the weakness section states "The Suit needs to be charged, otherwise Gordon's dura. is decreased", making the assumption that the durability is for the "with armor". Would it be fine to include "(Explosive/High Tier) with armor" for both keys? It would probably be Small Building+ for the first or both keys, since Gordon can survive several explosions from himself and from others.
    • It's also weaker than the Airstrike calc with all 6 missiles (2016 calc that uses rock values for concrete), so it fulfills this (though debatably each individual missile should scale to the RPG, as it was the quantity of the missiles that killed Gordon, not an individual rocket, if I remember correctly).
  • Should Gordon be athletic or average in speed?
  • Is it fine including abilities that are debatably Gameplay Mechanics? (a.k.a. Lock-On Targeting and IPhone eyelids)
  • Changing the Standard Equipment from saying "Here's the list of weapons he uses (except these)" that leads to link to a vertical list that gives a brief description of each weapon's function and links (which is used in the outdated profile, but generally of higher quality?)
Still would like some input on this, what do you guys think?

Currently, the HL2 Explosives aren't scaled to HL1 Explosives in the sandbox. Would it be reasonable to just scale the HL2 bombs to the HL1 ones? Given they should be more or less equal to eachother
Sure.
The Durability section doesn't differentiate between "without armor durability" and "with armor durability" and the weakness section states "The Suit needs to be charged, otherwise Gordon's dura. is decreased", making the assumption that the durability is for the "with armor". Would it be fine to include "(Explosive/High Tier) with armor" for both keys? It would probably be Small Building+ for the first or both keys, since Gordon can survive several explosions from himself and from others.
Honestly, I think we should just ditch the "with the suit he is <this tier>" thing altogether and go with "<Whatever tier he ends up as>, Higher with suit charge." We already know Gordon doesn't wear a helmet throughout both games and he can tank some crazy stuff that humans very obviously shouldn't be able to tank.
Sure.
Should Gordon be athletic or average in speed?
Athletic, because he can keep up with trained soldiers and black ops teams.
Is it fine including abilities that are debatably Gameplay Mechanics? (a.k.a. Lock-On Targeting and IPhone eyelids)
Neutral on both of these. Lock-On Targetting at least seems to be some sort of in-verse thing, but the problem is (as others have stated) is that it comes from the Playstation version of the game, and Half-Life's canon is all over the place so we don't know if this is an actual feature his H.E.V suit has. IPhone eyelids is probably just him squinting/focusing really hard.
Changing the Standard Equipment from saying "Here's the list of weapons he uses (except these)" that leads to link to a vertical list that gives a brief description of each weapon's function and links (which is used in the outdated profile, but generally of higher quality?)
Yea sure.

Athletic, because he can keep up with trained soldiers and black ops teams.
Peak Human as most trained Soliders can be I heard...

Wait hold up, I'm not gonna contribute much for now (IRL and Other Project stuff... Its been a while. Heck there's still some SpongeBob discussion and that one inactive Shrek Thread that has yet to put Shrek at High 8-C+ via upscaking from Puss) but didn't Gordon get like Supersonic+ in movements or is there something I missed? Not to be offensive or anything but Peak Human Gordon is a bit, baffling.

You could maybe check how fast he moves via hammer units, I know they can be converted into stuff like kilometers.
Oh I'm not a living calculator sadly, wish I seriously was, otherwise I wouldn't suck on those Math tests back in College! Too much for me to memorize that I wish I had Freemans conditioned mind these days! XD
(Aside Half Life - I asked for help with one verse I have as much importance in... But none have been too much of a cooperation except possibly one or maybe two, so far)
Anyways I remember the C4 feat being already done which went from Hypersonic, to still okay Supersonic+. Hammer units as far as what I have been told, has "baffled" some here, TF2, another notable Valve game, being a great but unfortunate example of this apparently, unless somethings has changed again, idk.

Peak Human as most trained Soliders can be I heard...

Wait hold up, I'm not gonna contribute much for now (IRL and Other Project stuff... Its been a while. Heck there's still some SpongeBob discussion and that one inactive Shrek Thread that has yet to put Shrek at High 8-C+ via upscaking from Puss) but didn't Gordon get like Supersonic+ in movements or is there something I missed? Not to be offensive or anything but Peak Human Gordon is a bit, baffling.
The Supersonic/Hypersonic feat hasn't been evaluated yet, so we can't use it. Athletic Human is usable for now.
You could maybe check how fast he moves via hammer units, I know they can be converted into stuff like kilometers
A Hammer Unit is 1/16 of a foot or 1.905cm, though that seems to be more from a "Game Developer" standpoint than "Actual Size", because if the Player is 72HU tall and each HU is 1.905cm, Gordon ends up being 137cm tall, totally realistic height for adult humans.

For my calcs, I assumed 72HU to be average human height (which ends up with a different, higher conversion value), which was used for my two accepted calcs and hopefully more. I do have a calc that focuses more on the "Hammer Unit movement thingy" (and also a cutscene feat for Combine Ships, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't scale to Freeman), take it as you will.

One thing to note is cars are notably heavier than just 1 ton.
Even lifting a Ford Fiesta is Class 5, the Gravity Gun sure as hell is better than Class 1
  1. The Gravity Gun can only push the cars with the primary trigger, not lift it. This means the coeficient of friction would lower the force of the push, which would put Gordon into pretty high Class 1 or low Class 5 if not for...
  2. Most cars that Gordon pushes appear to be broken down or the bare essentials, so we can't gurantee it to be entirely be the same (or higher) weight than the average car.
  3. Not mentioned, but thought I would explain cause I included it: The Combine APC is a notable exception to the above point, though it appears to be strangely light weight compared to literal broken wrecks, likes to slide a lot and is basically an alien vehicle.
"Class 1, possibly Class 5" is probably the most you can do, but I'm fine with how it is right now.
Bro I can't believe the guy in the video predicted the whole Lock-On system convo
thank you Mudskipper Man, very cool

Back