• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Haki

You mean like soul crush from Bleach?

If so, it's similar, it causes fear and can KO people, but is far less useful in combat for these reasons;
  • It's not passive
  • It can't kill or cause extensive damage
  • It only works on people far weaker than the user as stated by Oda

You mean like soul crush from Bleach?

If so, it's similar, it causes fear and can KO people, but is far less useful in combat for these reasons;
  • It's not passive
Then why does no one mentions it in vs. threads, and how to resist it if the enemy doesn't have haki

Then why does no one mentions it in vs. threads, and how to resist it if the enemy doesn't have haki
It's resisted with strength or willpower, which is why it's not mentioned much, most vs threads are two characters who are relative to each other power wise meaning it wouldn't work on them.

It's 100% willpower based. Idk who's telling yall this bs that strength has anything to do with it. It's based on willpower.

Haki crush does not exist
Oda said it very blatantly in SBS 65
D: Luffy's haoshoku haki was able to affect 50,000 men, but how many would Shanks and the others be able to defeat? P.N. Captain Nobuo

O: In exactly the same place and exact same situation as Luffy, Shanks or Rayleigh may have been capable of knocking out all 100,000. In a different setting, you can't really compare just by asking "how many people". Being able to knock an enemy out with haki depends entirely on having an overwhelming power gap between the two. In Luffy's case the point is the number of people that were so weak that they were not even worth him fighting. If there were 100,000 to-some-extent-strong-willed pirates before him, it's possible that he wouldn't even be able to knock out a single one. On a related note, as one's proficiency with haoshoku advances, it's even possible to target a few people in a crowd to NOT knock out.

That's a different and bad translation, so don't use what "Oda said" when that's a translation of what Oda said.

Luffy's Haki scared the shit out of Marigold and Sandersonia, who were stronger than him.
Luffy's Haki scared the shit out of Admirals, who were stronger than him.

"Power Gap" is a bad translation. Go check out every other translation.

That's a different and bad translation, so don't use what "Oda said" when that's a translation of what Oda said.

Luffy's Haki scared the shit out of Marigold and Sandersonia, who were stronger than him.
Luffy's Haki scared the shit out of Admirals, who were stronger than him.

"Power Gap" is a bad translation. Go check out every other translation.
You're conflating "fear" with "shock", none of those characters were made to feel fear because of Luffy's CoC, they were just surprised that someone like Luffy had it

As far as I'm aware, what I posted is the official translation, if you want to argue otherwise, you have to post the raw.

You're conflating "fear" with "shock", none of those characters were made to feel fear because of Luffy's CoC, they were just surprised that someone like Luffy had it
Marigold and Sandersonia were in fear to the point they followed his demands without hesitation. That's fear, not shock.

Marigold and Sandersonia were in fear to the point they followed his demands without hesitation. That's fear, not shock.
First, Marigold and Sandersonia are only stronger than base Luffy, G2 Luffy was folding them both at the same time.

Second, what is even your point with this? It clearly says "being able to knock out an enemy with haki depends entirely on having an overwhelming power gap between the two", Luffy didn't KO Marigold or Sandersonia so that's entirely moot.

First, Marigold and Sandersonia are only stronger than base Luffy, G2 Luffy was folding them both at the same time.
Luffy didn't unleash Hao in gear 2nd, he did it in base. Hao also wouldn't register gear 2nd either.

Since when was the only effect of Hao knocking somebody out? Causing fear in your opponent, taming animals and recently shown paralysing your opponent are all things Hao can do.
As far as I'm aware, what I posted is the official translation, if you want to argue otherwise, you have to post the raw.
You're wrong on this, that's not the official. That's the one piece wiki's translations which aren't official at all.

Luffy didn't unleash Hao in gear 2nd, he did it in base. Hao also wouldn't register gear 2nd either.

Since when was the only effect of Hao knocking somebody out? Causing fear in your opponent, taming animals and recently shown paralysing your opponent are all things Hao can do.

You're wrong on this, that's not the official. That's the one piece wiki's translations which aren't official at all.
For the Sandersonia and Marigold point it doesn't matter, because again, Luffy didn't KO them.

Knocking someone out is the main effect and clearly what I'm referring to, hence the quote I linked that specifically mentions KOing someone

Paralysis isn't accepted and shouldn't be because Ryokugyu clearly raises his arms while affected by Shanks' CoC

You guys keep saying it isn't the official but aren't actually posting the official or even the raw, am I just suppose to take your word for it?

• It's not passive
You literally brought up it causing fear and claimed it wouldn't work due to people being far weaker which is untrue.

You guys keep saying it isn't the official but aren't actually posting the official or even the raw, am I just suppose to take your word for it?
I'm informing you that it's not the official, you should take my word for it or actually purchase the Viz and confirm for yourself.

Tbf we just saw an Admiral get scared shitless by Shanks, id say it seemed like more a case of willpower difference then Shanks being massively stronger then Green Bull. (I do think Shanks is stronger just no massively so)

You literally brought up it causing fear and claimed it wouldn't work due to people being far weaker which is untrue.

I'm informing you that it's not the official, you should take my word for it or actually purchase the Viz and confirm for yourself.
You're so hung up on the fear part, forget it, the quote clearly says KOing people requires a overwhelming power gap.

Yes, I'll just go ahead and buy the volume instead of you proving what you're saying, that makes perfect sense.

Until you or KingTempest post either the "official" or the raw, I'll treat the quote I posted as accurate.

You're so hung up on the fear part, forget it, the quote clearly says KOing people requires a overwhelming power gap.
And when have I argued at all about knocking someone out in this thread, I have only brought up the fear part as that's what you originally claimed requires a power gap to achieve.

You're wrong on that, and you're going to concede instead of shifting the argument to something I'm not arguing for.
Yes, I'll just go ahead and buy the volume instead of you proving what you're saying, that makes perfect sense.

Until you or KingTempest post either the "official" or the raw, I'll treat the quote I posted as accurate.
I've told you it's not the official, that's a fact. I'm not able to upload images as effectively to the wiki right now as I'm on my phone so I'm not going too.

I don't know if this is useful or not, but this is the only raw I found

" Raw"

Last edited:
I don't know if this is useful or not, but this is the only raw I found

" Raw"
Kudos for finding that, I spent quite a while looking and found nothing.

The watermark does make it pretty hard to read but the important part is visible at least and it definitely does say that an overwhelming difference in power is required
圧倒的 - Overwhelming

力 - Power

差 - Difference
This matches up with the three or so English versions I saw where it always emphasised a difference in power being necessary

So why did they put the statues down?

They were flat out scared of him. They were scared shitless, which is why they told each other to calm down.

We accept those as Haoshoku scaring them. Your headcanon on the effects holds no weight when Luffy makes 2 people who are whooping his ass scared shitless

So why did they put the statues down?

They were flat out scared of him. They were scared shitless, which is why they told each other to calm down.

We accept those as Haoshoku scaring them. Your headcanon on the effects holds no weight when Luffy makes 2 people who are whooping his ass scared shitless
I don't care about the fear manipulation part, I literally moved on from that five or six posts ago but you and Eminiteable can't help but keep bringing it up.

0587-007.png
0587-008.png
0587-009.png

Back