• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gyarados vs Baron Nashor

WeeklyBattles

VS Battles
Retired
Baron Nashor Twist of Fate concept
Gyarados realistic version by dantefitts-d8gszrs

7-C Monstrous serpent dragons with nasty tempers. Copy Baron vs base Gyarados. Speed equalized. In character, no prior knowledge or prep time. Takes place on the river leading up to the Baron's Lair. Who wins?

Gyarados - 2

Baron Nashor - 2

Dang this is a good one. Intimidate and Threaten are taken right out due to Nashor's passive ability. And Nashor's debuffs are negated to to Gyarados' stat amping. Seems Gyarados has better attacking abilities while Nashor has better passive ones.

Yeah i was having trouble deciding this one myself, all of Gyarados' abilities would be nullified by CCI, as well as any status effects Gyarados could inflict, such as Paralysis, Flinching, and Freezing, and stat lowering attacks such as Crunch and Leer. Couple that with Baron's acid attacks, Voracious Corrosion, which lowers defense, and Baron Gaze, which reduces the amount of damage he takes from his most recent target, Gyarados is not gona have an easy time.

However, Gyarados also has a lot more versatility than the Baron, such as with Dragon Dance, which will increase his physical attack power, Rain Dance, which will increase the power of his water-tye moves, and Flail, which will only get stronger as he continues to take damage. Its a really close matchup.

Actually a really cool battle between two awesome non-speaking op characters. Hmm.... Honestly you just pretty much showed all the cards in the debate and now I don't know who would win. Siding with Baron but I'm going to wait for more people.

Gyarados out of pure bias. But seriously, they are very equal. Gyarados might have the slight edge due to pure versatility.

If we can't limit Garydos to 4 moves, Garydos could take it since it's a nashor copy. Like Garydos could just bomb the shit out of nashor like it's urf mode.

Enlight13 said:
If we can't limit Garydos to 4 moves, Garydos could take it since it's a nashor copy. Like Garydos could just bomb the shit out of nashor like it's urf mode.
They both have the same range whats stopping Nashor from doing the same?

WeeklyBattles said:
Enlight13 said:
They both have the same range whats stopping Nashor from doing the same?
Quantity of moves vs active spells. Garydos can pile up multiple moves while Nashor has like 4-5.

True, but Baron also has multiple passive abilities that would balance that out. Crowd Control Immunity removes the threat of any status or stat lowering attack Gyarados has, Voracious Corrosion lowers the defense of whoever it hits, and Baron Gaze reduces the amount of damage he takes from his most recent target. Plus Baron's acid-based attacks ignord durability due to being, well you know, acid.

WeeklyBattles said:
True, but Baron also has multiple passive abilities that would balance that out. Crowd Control Immunity removes the threat of any status or stat lowering attack Gyarados has, Voracious Corrosion lowers the defense of whoever it hits, and Baron Gaze reduces the amount of damage he takes from his most recent target. Plus Baron's acid-based attacks ignord durability due to being, well you know, acid.
Yeah but he is hitting him with 8 at max.

Garydos knows more naturally and further more by TMS.

And the once he knows are some of the most powerful things out there.

If a pokemon learns an HM, for example Fly (Salamence and Rayquaza) or Waterfall (Seaking), naturally, then it is included, but moves that are taught artificially via TM/HM or Tutor arent allowed.

Based on what Weekly said I think I'm gonna have to give my vote to Baron, makes me wonder how the champs even beat him XD

Back