• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Guts vs Pikachu

Battlemania said:
Even if it wasn't "real lightning," he would still be ranked about 8-A, higher than Pikachu's stats.
Did you ignore AMM's statement?

"Ganishka's lightning is stated to "nigh incinerate apostles" so comparing it's power to the 9-A bolts is just plain unfair at the end of the day."

http://www.mangahome.com/manga/berserk/c275/3.html

Is still not real Lighting, the Demon's lighting didnt incinerate Guts at all, making it "Hyperbole".

Pikachu can just Spam Lighting Attacks as crazy & Speed Blits Guts with his strong attacks, and finish it.

Pikachu's stats needs to be higher than that for the simnple facts that he defeated Semi Legendary Pokemons.

I see that people here underestimate Pokemon here, I know that Guts is a Beast but come on....he is facing a creature that can spam attacks that can kill Guts & can Speed Blitz Guts with his Strong Attacks that can hurt/defeat Semi Legendary Pokemons, even Pikachu's Lighting hurted and defeated some Legendaries as Latios who was flying so ast ( Faster than Guts ) and Pikachu reacted to it as he grabs on and hurt it with Thunder Bolt as Pikachu defeated it with Bolt Takle + Iron Tail.

Guts isnt gana tag Pikachu, only Pikachu to Guts, Guts Attacks If it land it will hurt Pikachu yes but thats nothing Pikachu can handle ( Pikachu took a Lava attack from a Pokemon and he was still standing ), Pikachu's attacks will take care of Guts ( Lighting Attacks & Attacks that can hurt and defeat Legendaries ).

Pikachu have this, with Mid to Near Ease Dificulty.

Ok, im going to say this again. We do not scale normal pokemon to legendaries, uncharged Pikachu is Building level, and Pikachu's lightning will do pretty much nothing to Guts

Thats underating it, thats not cool man, If Pikachu defeated it then whats the deal of him defeating it in the first place?

Its like saying Goku defeated Frieza but he is not a Planet Level character -_- ( Its an example dont get it wrong ).

Polloloko said:
WeeklyBattles said:
Austrian-Man-Meat said:
lightning which is commonly around 9-A?
Lightning is 8-C but yeah its not gonna hurt Guts
Guts only took Lighting made by a Demon, it wasnt even real lighting.
Real Lighting will kill Guts.

Ignore my posts one more time and I am going to take immediate action, I don't like debating against people with their fingers in their ears.

I did not think this debate would escalate this much XD, I was very close to taking it down. Alright so the score is 1 for pikachu and 1 for guts and 1 inconclusive, I have no idea who weekly and Howard are voting for.

Yeah...it kinda almost derailed twice xD

I'll give it to Guts, unless Pikachu starts off charged, then it could honestly go either way

Pikachu is faster than Guts, and if he starts off charged he'd be a bit stronger....but only for one attack. Once he uses up that excess electricity he's 8-C again and if he misses he's kinda screwed. Meanwhile Guts will remain 8-A, which would easily destroy Pikachu due to his 8-C durability...but Gut's will have to catch Pikachu, which will be especially difficult if Pikachu hits Guts with a move that inflicts Paralysis or uses a speed amping move like Agility...

@weekly however keep in mind that guts sheer willpower would probably break through the paralysis pretty quickly, also while pikachu may be faster, his stamina will most defintely drain before guts. And guts isn't a stranger to beings faster than him, his combat skill and prowess with come up with something to get him at a better advantage(maybe blowing up the area with his cannon or something else more useful), the point is he will most likely outlast and outskill anything pikachu can throw at him

Edit: FYI I'm not voting, just giving my own reasoning.

Yes yes he can. So if Pikachu lands his charged attack on Guts he should be able to win, but if Guts dodges it or Pikachu misses then Guts should take this with some difficulty due to Pikachu's larger moveset and superior speed.

Isnt Guts stryle of overpowering his oponents with Dragon Slayer?

Cuz If thats the case, Pikachu could use Volt Takle ( While Amp ) and take Guts out cuz of missinformation about Pikachu for Guts.

If Pikachu uses Electro Ball ( Amp ) Guts will think he could slash it away, thats a huge mistake for Guts.

Pikachu's Iron Tail could rivals a Semi Legendary's Focus Punch, it could have enough force ( To break Guts body parts like abdomen or head ) to hit Guts Sword and blow it away as Pikachu uses one of his Amped Attack as he finishes the match.

Pikachu's stamina is long enough to last a few hours before he start to feel his stamina draining.

Pikachu Can Win this.

Polloloko said:
Smarter? 50/50 cuz he is more of a head strong guy.
Read the profile. Guts is a notriously strategic fighter, who in most of the fights he has against apostles he has to rely more on his wit rather than just brawn (read the sea god,ganishka stuff on the intelligence stat)

Don't try to speak as if you know 3/4th's of anything about Guts, or Berserk for that matter. Because you're going to end up embarassing yourself (hell you already have.) And I already told you to stop commenting as most of the comments you are pumping out are completely worthless.

Guts is a head strong fighter that rarerly uses strategies to fight against his oponents.

Thats why he nearly dies everytime he fights against Griftin's Demon Army -_-

Actually I'm gonna have to agree with AMM on this one. While the wording may have been a little rude in his response, he's not wrong. Polloloko has been ignoring quite a large amount of information about Guts and has been using nonsensical arguments. Saying Guts is a headstrong, unstrategic brute when he has clearly shown time and time again that he's a very tactical fighter and a skilled strategist, saying that normal lightning would take Guts out because its "different from demonic lightning", therefore Guts wouldn't be able to resist it, completely ignoring the fact that Pikachu is Building level physically yet stating that his physical attacks would break Guts' bones, and trying to say that Pikachu is underrated here because he's fought legendary Pokémon in the anime despite it being against the scaling rules here and having several people telling him that he is wrong. It has become rather irritating.

I feel so triggered.

I will go to my safe space now, where the vs battles toxic masculinity won`t reach me.

Guts wins by reasons above.

XD well then, mario.

Just wanted to add more of an argumentative statement to Pollo,

"Guts is a head strong fighter that rarerly uses strategies to fight against his oponents.

Thats why he nearly dies everytime he fights against Griftin's Demon Army -_-"

Which is why he used his sword as a way to change his velocity in air to shift, or use his sword as a lightning striker to protect himself from the thunder apostle, or using his cannon's velocity to kill one apostle, then use that energy to spin his sword for him and kill the other behind him?

"Pikachu's stamina is long enough to last a few hours before he start to feel his stamina draining."

Guts lasted a whole night fighting off 100 people carrying a several hundred pound dull sword, chopping through all of them single-handedly. This was before he was branded, which caused him to fight endlessly for days and nights without food or rest, and if he does, it's brief. He should be able to stay on par if not higher in stamina against pikachu.

I forgot to vote...whoops xD

to give If both are 8-C, then I would give it to pikachu for being stronger and more versatile than guts (since guts doesn't have his crossbow and arm-cannon in golden-age, that only comes after the hawks gets figuratively raped and casca literally raped), but if both are at their strongest, then I'd give it to Guts with high difficulty, since, like weekly said, pikachu only has one shot to get a successful hit in with that fully charged powerup. Pikachu's speed is slightly higher, making him more nimble than pikachu, but guts' reaction speed, intelligence, and willingness to sacrifice himself to get a killing blow would give him the edge to push through.

Battlemania said:
XD well then, mario.

Just wanted to add more of an argumentative statement to Pollo,

"Guts is a head strong fighter that rarerly uses strategies to fight against his oponents.

Thats why he nearly dies everytime he fights against Griftin's Demon Army -_-"

Which is why he used his sword as a way to change his velocity in air to shift, or use his sword as a lightning striker to protect himself from the thunder apostle, or using his cannon's velocity to kill one apostle, then use that energy to spin his sword for him and kill the other behind him?

"Pikachu's stamina is long enough to last a few hours before he start to feel his stamina draining."

Guts lasted a whole night fighting off 100 people carrying a several hundred pound dull sword, chopping through all of them single-handedly. This was before he was branded, which caused him to fight endlessly for days and nights without food or rest, and if he does, it's brief. He should be able to stay on par if not higher in stamina against pikachu.

I forgot to vote...whoops xD

to give If both are 8-C, then I would give it to pikachu for being stronger and more versatile than guts (since guts doesn't have his crossbow and arm-cannon in golden-age, that only comes after the hawks gets figuratively raped and casca literally raped), but if both are at their strongest, then I'd give it to Guts with high difficulty, since, like weekly said, pikachu only has one shot to get a successful hit in with that fully charged powerup. Pikachu's speed is slightly higher, making him more nimble than pikachu, but guts' reaction speed, intelligence, and willingness to sacrifice himself to get a killing blow would give him the edge to push through.

I didn sayt Guts was dumb bra -_- all I said its that he is head strong ( Going stright faward his oponents before knowing whats he is gooin up against ), yes he can use defencive tactics but he will still go ahead without know what his oponent can do ( Pikachu have attacks that can kill Guts ).

When the times Guts think he pushed through he allready was tousted by Pikachu in the end -_-

In stamina I said "A few hours" cuz of an episode but in the new XYZ & in the SInnoh Saga Pikachu have shown to not sleep during a day for his trainer ( Ash ) who was sick in the SInnoh Saga and Pikachu was his guardian, in XYZ there was a scene were Pikachu was up all night learning the secrets of the Greninjas in there training, funny thing its that Pikachu learns something after all.

In Stamina I will have to say that they are about Even.

In Speed its obvius to go to Pikachu there ( He can Speed Blitz ).

Like I said before, I can see Pikachu WInning with Mid to Nealry Ease Dificulty.

Uhhhhhhh @polloloko guts only rushes on hordes of opponent, he's not that headstrong, the amount not of demons and apostles he has to fight, and a lot of them try to sneak up or trick him, so if he sees pikachu, something completely new to him, he's not gunna rush at him,

he's known to wait for his opponents to come to him before he starts swinging, and if pikachu starts shooting lighting at him, he will be on the defensive and finback to when he fought gansishka. Trust me if you REALLY read all of berserk, you should know guts is a very tactile, and careful fighter. he almost never's

underestimates any opponent, even someone as small and innocent looking like pikachu, will not make guts underestimate him. This won't be easy, but eventually guts will defeat pikachu, through sheer willpower and durability, not to mention his AP will only require guts to make one good hit.

Pikachu could have amazing stamina but I can for sure tell you it won't match guts. Guts has fought for countless hours and nights with SEVERE blood loss, broken bones, etc, something pikachu could not match.

Mario23429 said:
Pikachu is dumb.

Guts is a strategic master.

Guts win.
Mario, reeeeeallly don't want to sound like a stickler, don't get wrong your not in trouble, just wanna tell you, since you already voted, you don't need to repeat your vote, when you vote the only thing you can do is help out with counter arguments. Just wanna give some advice

Mario23429 said:
OKay, okay.

Sorry.

Gonna get out of here now.
No no, you don't need to feel pressured, you can still follow and comment this thread. Just be careful with what you say, the one thing we try to prevent is derailing of a thread. Your not in trouble, just some friendly advice.

The real cal howard said:
Really not called for, AMM...
Sorry if I sound harsh, but I confidently believe everything I posted here is done with good reason. I gave numerous warnings to Polloko and he still continues on with his drivel. I ought to report him in all honesty.

Grudgeman1706 said:
Uhhhhhhh @polloloko guts only rushes on hordes of opponent, he's not that headstrong, the amount not of demons and apostles he has to fight, and a lot of them try to sneak up or trick him, so if he sees pikachu, something completely new to him, he's not gunna rush at him,
he's known to wait for his opponents to come to him before he starts swinging, and if pikachu starts shooting lighting at him, he will be on the defensive and finback to when he fought gansishka. Trust me if you REALLY read all of berserk, you should know guts is a very tactile, and careful fighter. he almost never's

underestimates any opponent, even someone as small and innocent looking like pikachu, will not make guts underestimate him. This won't be easy, but eventually guts will defeat pikachu, through sheer willpower and durability, not to mention his AP will only require guts to make one good hit.

Pikachu could have amazing stamina but I can for sure tell you it won't match guts. Guts has fought for countless hours and nights with SEVERE blood loss, broken bones, etc, something pikachu could not match.
Like I said before, Its been a long time that I readed Beserk Manga, I know tat Guts is a Monster/Beast but isnt he been Badass Style Overrated here?

Pikachu have Durability of taking a Lava Attack head on and survives & keep fighting, can Guts tank Lava?

In Stamina is pretty even.

In Power/Attacks. Durability & SPeed it have to go to Pikachu and even more with the AMP that they give him in this match.

Guts might have experience but Pikachu is something new for Guts.

+Australian-Man-Meat

Do what you want -_- its not my problem that you are mad -_-

Polloloko said:
Like I said before, Its been a long time that I readed Beserk Manga, I know tat Guts is a Monster/Beast but isnt he been Badass Style Overrated here?

Pikachu have Durability of taking a Lava Attack head on and survives & keep fighting, can Guts tank Lava?

In Power/Attacks. Durability & SPeed it have to go to Pikachu and even more with the AMP that they give him in this match.

+Australian-Man-Meat

Being a badass doesn't mean youre not a strategist...

Heat resistance =/= durability

Debatable, Guts with the Berserker Armor will keep fighting until he dies or the opponent is killed, whichever comes first

Pikachu doesn't have better durability, and without the amp he doesn't have better attack power, and Guts' soul cutting sword ignores durability

And yeah it kinda is because you're repeatedly ignoring facts and coming up with ridiculous arguments...

WeeklyBattles said:
Polloloko said:

+Australian-Man-Meat

Being a badass doesn't mean youre not a strategist...
Heat resistance =/= durability

Debatable, Guts with the Berserker Armor will keep fighting until he dies or the opponent is killed, whichever comes first

Pikachu doesn't have better durability, and without the amp he doesn't have better attack power, and Guts' soul cutting sword ignores durability

And yeah it kinda is because you're repeatedly ignoring facts and coming up with ridiculous arguments...
On Durability:

Elemental/Energy Attacks

Piercing/Slashing attacks

Physical attacks

Enviornmental Damage

Nop, Pikachu have better Durability Feats.

I didnt say Guts wasnt a strategist, I just said that he rarely use it -_-

About Guts withstanding Pikachu's Attacks:

Thundershock

Thundershock is probably Pikachu's weakest move, but it still manages to have a couple of good feats.

Thunderbolt

Thunderbolt is probably Pikachu's most used move. In fact, Ash identified it as his favorite attack

Utility/Control

Power

Man Made Object (such as bicycles)

Quick Attack

Strength

Speed

Thunder

Iron Tail

Strength

Speed

Cutting

Volt Tackle

Electro Ball

Nop, Guts isnt gana take Pikachu's attacks.

For people that think that Pikachu is dumb:

Despite looking like an animal, Pikachu is far more intelligent than one, and has demonstrated intuation and quick thinking multiple times in the anime. For example, Pikachu:

In Speed:
Agility

This is what Pikachu does using the move agility, in case you were confused.

Again, this is without using any actual attacks.

General Speed and Mobility

Dodging

Also:
While Pikachu has numerous victories, these are some of the most impressive.

Pikachu have this, Guts is gana be destroy by Pikachu after Guts give Pikachu a battle.

Pikachu Wins with Mid to Nearly Ease Dificulty.

We have gone through that respect thread twice and it ended up giving pikachu his current stats in accordance to our scaling rules, it was unnecessary to post the entire respect thread

Guts trumps Pikachu when it comes to physical statistics tremendously (when both at base; comparing striking strength & durability), and the differences between speed and power (even when Pikachu is fully powered) is negligable in my opinion (2.5x difference). Guts having a severe disadvantage in speed is nothing really new to him, when he was fighting against Rosine he mentions that he is unable to track her movements and thus relied on other methods to get an attack in. Like this, and the thing that is not mentioned is if whether or not Pikachu is able to boost himself as from the profile it seems that he used another Pokemons attack as fuel rather than something from his own moveset.

Keep in mind that I have not really factored in Berserker Guts into the equation yet, I think base Guts could take it.

Back