• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Guts vs General Grievous

pog

What value of 8-A does grievous scale to and how skilled is he? Cause Guts can't block a lightsaber.

Alright. Grievous has like a 4x AP advantage then. Not looking very good for Guts.

What's Grievous' standard strategy?

Off the top of my head usually bum rush the opponent with lightsabers and try to overwhelm them

Kinda the same thing with Guts except he'll actually be smarter about it when he realizes a lightsaber can cut him like butter lol.

Berserk Armor isn't restricted so I'll factor its insanity into my analysis when I get into it.

did guts say hello there in the beginning of the battle though

because this increases his chances of winning
No. Guts has never and will never in-character say that in the beginning of any battle, especially not in a battle with a Cyborg, a species which doesn't exist in Berserk.

No. Guts has never and will never in-character say that in the beginning of any battle, especially not in a battle with a Cyborg, a species which doesn't exist in Berserk.
58031893.jpg

So here's how the fight is probably gonna go down.

If what I've been told is correct, Grievous charging Guts is probably going to be the worst thing to happen to him. He definitely has the firepower to put Guts down but since they start at 50 meters away and the battle takes place in a forest, Guts has the means to play this fight conservatively if he wants to. And trust me, given he's never really seen anything like Grievous, he'll definitely want to play it safe in this fight. By playing it safe I mean he's gonna be using his territory and established distance to his advantage, using his ranged options such as bombs and arrows(yes, he can spam them and it is in-character), doing sneak attacks which he can definitely do given the distance and location and his own Stealth Mastery.

I'd be hard-pressed to say that in these circumstances Grievous will be able to even get a clean hit on Guts without risking major damage to himself. Guts already scales above someone who scales above 119.07 tons while in a weakened state from traveling and previous battles, and his bombs scale above him to the point it could blow opponents previous comparable to a relatively well-rested him into bloody chunks. If Grievous downscales from his value this will only be worse for him.

And if going by his profile, Grievous seemingly is arrogant and isn't very good at accounting for things outside his control. Which most of what Guts will be doing during this fight will be. Grievous has no Enhanced Senses as well so I doubt he'd even be able to notice Guts if he did decide to play this fight completely conservatively, which, again, he most likely will when dealing with an opponent he isn't used to, or an opponent he realizes has a deadly advantage over him. It's unlikely that the fight will ever actually go into a frontal confrontation.

TL;DR. I vote Guts.

Even if it did come to close quarters, it was accepted in the Guts vs Darth Maul thread that the Dragonslayer could block lightsabers, which gives Guts a way to hold Grievous back and last long enough to put some distance between them and use his stealth tactics. So I'd say Guts for the above reasoning with my own as support.

Even if it did come to close quarters, it was accepted in the Guts vs Darth Maul thread that the Dragonslayer could block lightsabers, which gives Guts a way to hold Grievous back and last long enough to put some distance between them and use his stealth tactics. So I'd say Guts for the above reasoning with my own as support.
How does Dragon Slayer block a lightsaber? Wot?

The dragonslayer scales in heat resistance far above the lightsaber's heat output.
News to me. I don't remember the Dragon Slayer ever having any heat resistance feats even near plasma level, but hey, I may be wrong.

Well this new information makes the match even more skewed in Guts' favor than it already was, because now he also has viable CQC options as well as stealth options lmfao.

Was also used as a conduit for one of Schierke's flame spells iirc, which exploded and evaporated a **** ton of water in a instant, which needless to say, needs a bit beyond just "lol boil" temp. It has some decent heat res feats all things considered.

Guts Claps FRA. Man, I wish Canon Grievous didn't get turned into such a ******* jobber unlike his Legends Counterpart who skill ****** several Jedi Masters at the same time, 3 of which being Council Members.

Grievous does have the advantage of having four arms with weapons to try to overwhelm Guts, so he'd still be dangerous at close range.

This insinuates that 1. The fight will ever get into close range for that long. And 2. That Guts won't also swiftly overwhelm Grievous in a close range fight.

Back