• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Guts vs Danny Phantom

Guts is better fighter and more durable, but Danny has some technics like invisibility, intangibility and possesion to persuade Guts, and with Danny being bloodlusted this makes the fight more difficult to Guts

Guts is able to harm intangible beings with the use of Dragonslayer, if Danny does not have any form of soul resistance he gets cleaved in half.

Doesn't he need to harm the physical form to harm to soul? Anyway, if Dan can't defend form that, intangibility is only effective agains anothers attacks. What about the Guts resistence to possesion or lows temperatures? right now I don't remember others attack from Dan

Not really, Guts has been able to harm ghosts with Dragonslayer and etc. It's just that Dragonslayer resides in both physical and ethereal realms simultaneously. So when Guts swings Dragonslayer towards Danny his spiritual form will be damaged.

Has Guts ever dealt with being possessed? And Danny still has invisibility and flight. With speed equalized it really helps his case. Leaning on him because of Ghostly Wail too or just flight and energy spam

CoreOfimBalance(COB) said:
Has Guts ever dealt with being possessed? And Danny still has invisibility and flight. With speed equalized it really helps his case. Leaning on him because of Ghostly Wail too or just flight and energy spam
Actually yes, Guts has resisted possession by evil ghosts and what-not with indomitable willpower on a number of occasions. Even when severely weakened from battle-fatigue and blood-loss, he has managed to resist, with willpower alone, possession by dozens of wicked spirits. In fact, "resistance to possession" actually IS listed under his abilities on here.

Also, Danny may have invisibility, but Guts can acutely sense the presence of ghosts and spirits around him due to the sensations of the Brand (he has become finely attuned to it). You can bet anything that Danny wouldn't be able to come in close to Guts while invisible without Guts sensing it in his Brand and immediately swinging his sword all around himself at maximum speed. And as mentioned before, Guts' sword could DEFINITELY hurt Danny due to its spiritual properties.

Finally, as insane as Ghostly Wail is, Guts could probably tank at least one hit from it as long as it wasn't point-blank, and perhaps even if it was; let's not forget the time that Rosine was swooping past his head just inches away at supersonic speeds and he kept getting knocked over and tossed around by the sonic-booms, but still kept fighting. And let's DEFINITELY not forget him managing to resist the heartbeats of the Sea God while just a few feet away from its heart, which would count as a sonic attack of the highest possible level, sound so powerful it ceases to become "sound" and becomes shockwaves.

Basically, Guts has all the tools he needs to be able to perceive and hurt Danny no matter what Danny tries to do in the fight using his haxx; considering that Guts is the FAR more experienced and intelligent fighter and is far less naive and more mature than Danny, he should be able to win this, although with great difficulty due to some of Danny's haxx.

I'll say guts because even if Danny is intangible, he could still strike him because remember the dragonslayer can kill a spirits, monsters, and demons in their realm called Apostles, being it existing in the astral and physical realm, and since danny is a ghost shifter, a couple hits from that heavy sword and he's toast. Also in speed, danny could win but guts could blitz the hell outta him faster than he could think and his reaction his faster than his as he could react to a lightning strike. One way that Danny could win is in lifting Guts and just throw him around but Guts has that berserker armour to enhance his endurance and durability. But my vote goes to Guts because of his dragonslayer existing simultaneously in the physical and atral realm.

Drago Kamikaze said:
I'll say guts because even if Danny is intangible, he could still strike him because remember the dragonslayer can kill a spirits, monsters, and demons in their realm called Apostles, being it existing in the astral and physical realm, and since danny is a ghost shifter, a couple hits from that heavy sword and he's toast. Also in speed, danny could win but guts could blitz the hell outta him faster than he could think and his reaction his faster than his as he could react to a lightning strike. One way that Danny could win is in lifting Guts and just throw him around but Guts has that berserker armour to enhance his endurance and durability. But my vote goes to Guts because of his dragonslayer existing simultaneously in the physical and atral realm.
Yes, Guts has better speed than Danny regardless and as you mentioned the Dragonslayer could totally hurt or slay Danny's ghost-form, and as I pointed out even if Danny turned invisible Guts could senes his position using the sensations of the Brand. Finally, while Danny has some powerful energy-blasts and the Ghostly Wail, I bet Guts could tank a bunch of such hits before going down, his endurance is beyond-monstrous.

So I guess now it's

Danny: 3

Guts: 4

Woooooo :-D

Thinking about it, it's probably important that Danny is bloodlusted or he probably wouldn't stand a chance because Guts is so scary....like, literally scarier than a ghost, scarier than the Apostles he fights as many have pointed out in-series. If Danny was in his right mind (not bloodlusted) and fighting Guts, he'd probably end up curled up sniveling in the corner after three minutes and ask Guts to just make it quick, lol. Dude's still just a kid, after all. While Guts. . .Guts is this guy--

SCARY FACE #1

Meme about how scary Guts is

Goodyfresh said:
Drago Kamikaze said:
Yes, Guts has better speed than Danny regardless and as you mentioned the Dragonslayer could totally hurt or slay Danny's ghost-form, and as I pointed out even if Danny turned invisible Guts could senes his position using the sensations of the Brand. Finally, while Danny has some powerful energy-blasts and the Ghostly Wail, I bet Guts could tank a bunch of such hits before going down, his endurance is beyond-monstrous.
So I guess now it's

Danny: 3

Guts: 4

Woooooo :-D

Thinking about it, it's probably important that Danny is bloodlusted or he probably wouldn't stand a chance because Guts is so scary....like, literally scarier than a ghost, scarier than the Apostles he fights as many have pointed out in-series. If Danny was in his right mind (not bloodlusted) and fighting Guts, he'd probably end up curled up sniveling in the corner after three minutes and ask Guts to just make it quick, lol. Dude's still just a kid, after all. While Guts. . .Guts is this guy--

SCARY FACE #1

Meme about how scary Guts is
lol I can even imagine Danny crying

Drago Kamikaze said:
EXACTLY :p :p :p Bwahahahahaha.

See, Danny has to be bloodlusted because Guts, Guts is ALWAYS bloodlusted. He's a human, but really he's scarier than ghosts and monsters and demons. The most evil creatures and beings Danny has ever fought are like babies when compared to the evil of the Apostles and Godhand.

This would be a really really tough battle for Guts though even though he'd probably win. Like he'd be torn up and beaten and battered afterwards I'm sure.

Goodyfresh said:
Drago Kamikaze said:
EXACTLY :p :p :p Bwahahahahaha.
See, Danny has to be bloodlusted because Guts, Guts is ALWAYS bloodlusted. He's a human, but really he's scarier than ghosts and monsters and demons. The most evil creatures and beings Danny has ever fought are like babies when compared to the evil of the Apostles and Godhand.

This would be a really really tough battle for Guts though even though he'd probably win. Like he'd be torn up and beaten and battered afterwards I'm sure.
Yep indeed

Hyper Anon said:
I'd say Guts because He can harm Souls, So Danny is no problem.
Mannn, while I do agree Guts would win, I do NOT agree that one could say "Danny is no problem." He's still very powerful and would give Guts a HARD time.

What's stopping Danny from simply flying into the air and out of Guts' range? It seems that his only ranged weapons are his cannon and crossbow, neither of which are particularly effective against targets who can simply shape their body around them or turn intangible. From there Danny can simply rain ecto-blasts until he hits.

That said, Danny is inferior to Guts in every other aspect, so I'd vote inconclusive for now.

Back