• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
AP/Durability gap makes it so Bulat one-shots unless Guts' attack that can harm the soul ignores durability.

He also has the range game with Neuntote being a long spear with a spearhead more than twice the size of Bulat's own head.

I thought Guts being a at least Multi-City Block and higher in armor make it a fairer fight.

And Guts seems to have a much higher movment speed to help dodge

Though if anyone thinks it's a stomp i'll close it

It's not a stomp. It's just that, like I said, Bulat can one-shot if he lands a good hit, and he has the range advantage despite Guts' Dragonslayer being unwieldly long.

Also, movement speed won't matter too much as neither of them have any attacks that require moving a big distance to evade (aoe).

i think you all forgotten all of guts equipments you gemmysaur only include dragonslayer how about guts throwing knives repeater crossbow hand canon and the miniature bomb its a stomp besides that guts strength durability endurance speed and reflexes are very very good this thread should be closed cause guts won this battle

Omni, please use proper grammar next time.

Anyway, I vote Bulat for higher AP and abilities.

Iirc, Guts' AP is from his swinging around Dragonslayer. How sure are you that a crossbow, a hand canon and a mini bomb will make a really big difference? Especially since Guts typically goes melee and that Bulat is skilled and strong enough to pressure Guts to be hardpressed to back off.

So no, this thread should not be closed just because you think Guts automatically wins.

Just to get one thing out the way, the AP of Guts equipment should be around the Dragon Slayer's level as it is able to deal damage to Apostles that the Dragon Slayer can cleave through (like the Snake Baron, Count and Rosine.) So there is no major gap in power between them.

Guts has a slight speed advantage which would prove beneficial, it will really only take one swing to put down Bulat as it has soul harming abilities. I also don't think Bulat would be able to one shot Guts, Guts has been ragdolled many a time by various Apostles and I doubt someone who is only likely 3 times stronger would put him down with a single attack. I feel that Guts is also more skilled than Bulat is, as he has actually displayed impressive technical feats such as being able to switch the hand he grips the Dragon Slayer with on the fly and outclass many swordsmen.

Bloodlusted is an interesting scenario, Berserker Armor allows Guts to have night vision so there is a chance it could aide him against invisibility. Also, Bulat may be invisible but he may definately leave sound which should allow Guts to properly locate him and deal with it accordingly (laying explosive bombs around him, playing dead for a surprise point blank canon shot to the face)

(The Dragon Slayer should definately outmatch Bulat's lance when it comes to range, unless the latter is stated to be longer than 1.9 meters)

All in all I think Guts should take this fight.

I'm going to disagree on the sound, as the only way people can find them is by sending their presence. He is a trained assassin so being silent is key.

Has it been stated that he becomes silent as he enters his invisible mode? If not we cannot really assume that he is just because he is an assassin. Even Guts was an assassin at one point.

Well, this makes the matchup interesting. I still think Guts takes the first round as he will most likely manage to dismember Bulat as a result of his superior speed & Dragon Slayer's soul damaging abilities.

Perhaps Guts' being able to reside in the interstice will be efficent enough to spot out Bulat? I mean Guts is able to communicate with an astral beings (such as Puck) who appear invisible to one who resides in the physical realm. A bit assumptious, but still something to bring up I guess.

As far as I can remember, Bulat really never used invisibility to help himself in a fight (though that's probably because he died early), however, I'm sure that if guts does visibly see Bulat turn invisible, he'd probably adapt to it by cannon-ing the ground as a smoke screen to see if the invisible form creates an outline if he does attempt to attack him. For his analytical fighting techniques, superior speed, and Dragon's soul damage abilities he should be able to take round one.

However, if bloodlusted, if Bulat can turn invisible before Guts can attack, he could possibly one shot guts if he gets a direct contact onto Guts. So Bulat would take this in round two.

Bulat via physcial stat advantages. Incursio'll protect him from Dragonslayer's soul damage and if the fight ever came down to it he could use Incursio's trump card to surprise attack and one-shot Guts.

I actually think Guts' might not be one-shotted as people say. Remember with the Berserker armour he is at least 8-A and he's also been calculated as being on the high end of 8-A. He would actually need to be less the 3 times stronger in order to hit low 7-C

Where did you get the high end of 8-A thing? I know nothing of the verse so I never heard of that one. He's higher than simply 8-A, but to an indetermined amount. If he was high end 8-A, wouldn't that make his rating MCB+?

Regardless, Bulat is Likely Small Town level and his weapon is a spear. A cutting attack requires far lesser energy than a blunt or energy attack to damage.

Gemmysaur said:
Where did you get the high end of 8-A thing? I know nothing of the verse so I never heard of that one. He's higher than simply 8-A, but to an indetermined amount. If he was high end 8-A, wouldn't that make his rating MCB+?
Regardless, Bulat is Likely Small Town level and his weapon is a spear. A cutting attack requires far lesser energy than a blunt or energy attack to damage.
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Austrian-Man-Meat/Berserk:_Guts_avoids_electrocutio!

@The Everlasting:

Thanks but I found it in the accepted calcs thread already.

@Yojimbo1989:

The last calc on that blog says that Guts is 1518600721992.92312157315787476837 joules. That equals to 362.954283459 tons which is only halfway through MCB, so it is not MCB+ (since MCB is 100 ton to 1000 tons).

Guts is gonna have a harder time but I don't think it's not a stomp since Dragon Slayer can still kill Bulat.

I mean Guts almost beat a character with 7-A AP, dura with long ranged attacks in another thread but if people still think it's a stomp i'll close it.

RadicalMrR said:
I mean Guts almost beat a character with 7-A AP, dura with long ranged attacks in another thread but if people still think it's a stomp i'll close it.
That's because everyone (including me) at the time thought the Dragon Slayer can ignore durability, I was mistaken. And therefore Guts has no way to damage Bulat nor Saber anymore. It's a bit of a stomp really, I should close it myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back