• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Guts (Immediately after recovering from the Eclipse) vs. Tier 8-C Predator

The Yautja have come across the planet of Berserk, and are intrigued by the fighting skills of its warriors (while paying no heed to the supernatural aspects). One of them (a strong one at Tier 8-C) comes after Guts, with all the tech that a Yautja typically keeps on its person. So the Predator has everything from wrist-blades and a spear, to a cloaking device and mini-plasma-cannon. This is Guts immediately after fully recovering from the Eclipse, gaining his cannon-arm, crossbow, throwing knives, and Dragonslayer, and killing the Pig Apostle. He does not have his mini-bombs yet.

Speed is equalized, and a win is determined by a kill. Both the Predator and Guts are 100% in-character. The Predator has been observing Guts for long enough that he saw him kill the Pig-Apostle, as Predators will sometimes investigate particularly formidable prey beforehand. The Predator thus knows he is dealing with a monster in terms of brute-strength and knows about the cannon-arm, but does not yet know how much of a true master in combat (reflexes, agility, tactics, etc.) Guts is. Can Guts overcome the Yautja's tech with just his wits, strength, reflexes, and Medieval weaponry? Can he turn the Hunter into the Hunted? Who wins, and why?

Guts: 3

Predator: 1

Inconclusive: 0

Well, guts is sure in for the hell of a ride of his life if he thinks he's getting out of this alive. An 8-C physically is enough to hold down on their own, but add some of their other technologies that aid them. I'm not sure if you mean the plasma cannon that is connected to it, or just a regular plasma cannon. Predators are expert hunters when it comes to stealth and in up front combat. Guts arsenal doesn't have anything that could put him down solidly besides some strain, but I don't see the predator being too easy to just let that happen. The Predator has already seen what Guts can do while Guts has no idea what he is in for. I give it to the Predator High-Diff.

Edit Note: I accidentally took Golden Age Guts, which was nowhere near this time, changing it towards Guts' favor.

I was going to say the Predator, but I'm going to have to say Guts 7/10 times. Due to his durability, only the Predator's power glove would be able to hurt Guts. The plasma canon would be pratically worthless, other than maybe a sneak attack to catch Guts off guard.

"Their code of honor prevents them from killing those who cannot fight back and may limit (removing most or all of their equipment except for a melee weapon, usually wrist blades) themselves against prey they deem worthy enough to fight them in melee"

We have seen that Predator's want to go toe to toe if the opponent is worthly physically. I think this would end up happening, which would end in Guts's win Mid to High-Diff.

Battlemania said:
Well, guts is sure in for the hell of a ride of his life if he thinks he's getting out of this alive. An 8-C physically is enough to hold down on their own, but add some of their other technologies that aid them. I'm not sure if you mean the plasma cannon that is connected to it, or just a regular plasma cannon. Predators are expert hunters when it comes to stealth and in up front combat. Guts arsenal doesn't have anything that could put him down solidly besides some strain, but I don't see the predator being too easy to just let that happen. The Predator has already seen what Guts can do while Guts has no idea what he is in for. I give it to the Predator High-Diff.

Edit Note: I accidentally took Golden Age Guts, which was nowhere near this time, changing it towards Guts' favor.
So you're changing your vote to Guts' favor? In your opinion, what (other than the bigger sword, which he is not yet super-fast at wielding like Black Swordsman Guts is) gives immediately-post-eclipse Guts an edge over Predator that Golden Age Guts wouldn't have?

@Formeraxe The Predator does have the power-glove, though, and is thus capable of potential High 8-C attacks, which could kick the crap out of Guts when he's at 8-C. And I would not say the plasma-cannon is useless, we've seen Guts get burnt by fire before, and the plasma cannon is way hotter than fire. It will badly sear his flesh if it hits. For Guts, it wouldn't be a lethal wound, but it would be a bad wound!

You've pointed out something very relevant that I did not think of. Yes the Predator would want to fight Guts in melee-combat. But, when we're talking about that we mean TRUE melee, fist-fighting; it would want to disarm Guts of his sword for the sake of having a fistfight, because that's how Predators do things. Guts is strongest by-far with a sword, I doubt he could stand up to a Tier 8-C Yautja in a fistfight.

So I think Guts' best bet here is to manage to kill the Yautja somehow before it disarms him. I'm pretty much inconclusive on how it would end up, but maybe with a slight leaning towards Guts since his whole life has been about overcoming bad odds like this.

So is the gear of the Predator only limited to what you stated in the OP? If so, the Predator is pretty nerfed in this battle. That's like the standard gear of Jungle Predator, who was from a clan that wasn't particularly advanced when compared to others. Furthermore, the expanded universe Yautja can be equipped with a wide variety of hunting weapons, including specialized proximity mines/grenades, full body armor, burners (Yautja assault rifles), scatter guns (Yautja shotgun), smart discs/shurikens, laser traps, various melee weapons, net gun, dart gun/sniper, medi-kit + health shards, blue solvent, etc...

Now this is your average Yautja right? Not a Clan Leader or Veteran Hunter, since they would give Guts hell...

Assuming this is your average Yautja, I first would like to debate on the side of Predator, but I need to know a bit more about Guts and whether the Predator is not just limited to what you've stated in the OP.

In the meantime, I'd like to say several things... Your average Yautja possess combat skills and martial arts knowledge just above a samurai. In fact, Yautja are taught in an extraterrestrial martial art called "Jehdin", which is a fushion of Penchak Silat, Aikido, Kyokushin Karate, Tae Kwon Do, ancient Mesoamerican warfare (Aztec and Mayans in particular), Bokator (Cambodian Martial art), and other more complex combat skills heavily implied to be superior to all martial arts on Earth.

Not to mention Yautja have faced and defeated, or stalemated beings who are physically superior to themselves, not only in strength, but durability and agility/reflexes as well.

I wonder if durability would be an issue for Guts, since Yautja can withstand a beating from an Alien Queen (who are tough enough to easily flip over futuristic semi-trucks after being struck by one and can smash through a very thick layer of ice in the Antarctic with ease), withstand a barrage of hydra 70 missiles to emerge with little to no damage other than losing his biomask, withstand a bazooka rocket at point blank with ease, take an entire string of grenades with not a single scratch, emerged perfectly fine after a colonial marine dropship ran and crashed a Hunter through a canyon wall + futuristic metal walls (the same crash killed all colonial marines on board who were fully armored), took a standard shoulder cannon blast with no damage (standard shoulder cannons can obliterate military trucks, one-shot a T-Rex, effortlessly penetrate through Colonial Marine and futuristic armor, and bring down Colonial Marine dropships in one shot), take 9 combat shogun blasts to the chest and torso just to emerge perfectly fine, and this feat:

"Coming from a different angle, the bullet entered the Predator's body. This third bullet lodged deep inside, coming to rest only after it had cut through several vital organs. . . . "The demon isn't dead yet," said Sukhon. "The 'demon' will be dead if it doesn't get some expert medical attention. I put a bullet with an exploding tip right through its back. No exit wound." . . . Still, the Predator's condition did not yet warrant self-destruct. He had been hurt worse and emerged victorious. Once on a planet half a galaxy away, a venomous metal worm twice his size had shot up through the earth and pinned him through the chest armour. The Predator had chopped its head off, cut off its tail, and gone on to fight for another four hours with the rest of the worm inside his chest, before withdrawing to repair the damage. The wheeze as its breathing grew worse indicated deep-tissue damage, but nothing irreversible. Medical care on board its ship would allow it to recover. - South China Sea

^ in this quote, a Hunter easily survives having his vital organs damaged and cut with explosive sniper rounds. It even mentions the Hunter experiencing greater damage by a giant venomous metal worm ripping apart his chest and shredding his vital organs, but the Hunter still fought strong for another 4 hours with part of the worm still inside him and emerged victorious that day, before fixing to go through medical attention.

As for agility, I know the speed is equalized, but I believe Yautja are much superior to Guts in terms of agility... Jumping in particular. Yautja can effortlessly hop up around 20 ft while 30-40 ft is the most I've seen Yautja leap and jump up to.

As for strength, this is undeniably in Predator's favor, since it appears that Guts is around class 5 while Predator is around class 25. Not to mention Yautja possess the strength to punch and flip over a careening military truck carrying 5 muscular/heavy soldiers and people and supplies, punching through a man's chest wearing futuristic armor, effortlessly smacking a helmeted soldier in the head and killing him in the process, kicking a cop so hard the Hunter's foot went through his body with ease, easily ripping apart futuristic and fully armored soldiers apart at the waist, crushing futuristically helmeted heads with ease, effortlessly puncturing modern tank metal with bare hands, and escaped from futuristic super-powered magnetic restraints, effortlessly ripped off the arm of man wearing reverse-engineered heavy armor based on Yautja technology, and more...

Combined the Predator's strength with the power glove, which rivals the punching power of a young Predalien Queen and typical Predaliens can obliterate Exosuits and nearly bring down an entire pyramid with raw strength), I believe it should definitely give Guts a run for his money.

I'll stop here for now...

Seraphic Jade aura said:
So is the gear of the Predator only limited to what you stated in the OP? If so, the Predator is pretty nerfed in this battle. That's like the standard gear of Jungle Predator, who was from a clan that wasn't particularly advanced when compared to others. Furthermore, the expanded universe Yautja can be equipped with a wide variety of hunting weapons, including specialized proximity mines/grenades, full body armor, burners (Yautja assault rifles), scatter guns (Yautja shotgun), smart discs/shurikens, laser traps, various melee weapons, net gun, dart gun/sniper, medi-kit + health shards, blue solvent, etc...
Now this is your average Yautja right? Not a Clan Leader or Veteran Hunter, since they would give Guts hell...

Assuming this is your average Yautja, I first would like to debate on the side of Predator, but I need to know a bit more about Guts and whether the Predator is not just limited to what you've stated in the OP.

In the meantime, I'd like to say several things... Your average Yautja possess combat skills and martial arts knowledge just above a samurai. In fact, Yautja are taught in an extraterrestrial martial art called "Jehdin", which is a fushion of Penchak Silat, Aikido, Kyokushin Karate, Tae Kwon Do, ancient Mesoamerican warfare (Aztec and Mayans in particular), Bokator (Cambodian Martial art), and other more complex combat skills heavily implied to be superior to all martial arts on Earth.

Not to mention Yautja have faced and defeated, or stalemated beings who are physically superior to themselves, not only in strength, but durability and agility/reflexes as well.

I wonder if durability would be an issue for Guts, since Yautja can withstand a beating from an Alien Queen (who are tough enough to easily flip over futuristic semi-trucks after being struck by one and can smash through a very thick layer of ice in the Antarctic with ease), withstand a barrage of hydra 70 missiles to emerge with little to no damage other than losing his biomask, withstand a bazooka rocket at point blank with ease, take an entire string of grenades with not a single scratch, emerged perfectly fine after a colonial marine dropship ran and crashed a Hunter through a canyon wall + futuristic metal walls (the same crash killed all colonial marines on board who were fully armored), took a standard shoulder cannon blast with no damage (standard shoulder cannons can obliterate military trucks, one-shot a T-Rex, effortlessly penetrate through Colonial Marine and futuristic armor, and bring down Colonial Marine dropships in one shot), take 9 combat shogun blasts to the chest and torso just to emerge perfectly fine, and this feat:

"Coming from a different angle, the bullet entered the Predator's body. This third bullet lodged deep inside, coming to rest only after it had cut through several vital organs. . . . "The demon isn't dead yet," said Sukhon. "The 'demon' will be dead if it doesn't get some expert medical attention. I put a bullet with an exploding tip right through its back. No exit wound." . . . Still, the Predator's condition did not yet warrant self-destruct. He had been hurt worse and emerged victorious. Once on a planet half a galaxy away, a venomous metal worm twice his size had shot up through the earth and pinned him through the chest armour. The Predator had chopped its head off, cut off its tail, and gone on to fight for another four hours with the rest of the worm inside his chest, before withdrawing to repair the damage. The wheeze as its breathing grew worse indicated deep-tissue damage, but nothing irreversible. Medical care on board its ship would allow it to recover. - South China Sea

^ in this quote, a Hunter easily survives having his vital organs damaged and cut with explosive sniper rounds. It even mentions the Hunter experiencing greater damage by a giant venomous metal worm ripping apart his chest and shredding his vital organs, but the Hunter still fought strong for another 4 hours with part of the worm still inside him and emerged victorious that day, before fixing to go through medical attention.

As for agility, I know the speed is equalized, but I believe Yautja are much superior to Guts in terms of agility... Jumping in particular. Yautja can effortlessly hop up around 20 ft while 30-40 ft is the most I've seen Yautja leap and jump up to.

As for strength, this is undeniably in Predator's favor, since it appears that Guts is around class 5 while Predator is around class 25. Not to mention Yautja possess the strength to punch and flip over a careening military truck carrying 5 muscular/heavy soldiers and people and supplies, punching through a man's chest wearing futuristic armor, effortlessly smacking a helmeted soldier in the head and killing him in the process, kicking a cop so hard the Hunter's foot went through his body with ease, easily ripping apart futuristic and fully armored soldiers apart at the waist, crushing futuristically helmeted heads with ease, effortlessly puncturing modern tank metal with bare hands, and escaped from futuristic super-powered magnetic restraints, effortlessly ripped off the arm of man wearing reverse-engineered heavy armor based on Yautja technology, and more...

Combined the Predator's strength with the power glove, which rivals the punching power of a young Predalien Queen and typical Predaliens can obliterate Exosuits and nearly bring down an entire pyramid with raw strength), I believe it should definitely give Guts a run for his money.

I'll stop here for now...
The OP said it's an above average Yautja, and it's Guts just after getting his dragon slayer sword and such. The Predator has been limited, because Guts has been limited as well (speed equalized.)

When it comes to martial arts, Guts is outclassed if what you said is true. However, Guts rarely uses his fists in a fight, relying more on his sword, mostly because it's the only thing that can effectiely kill the hulking demons he fights to the death. And when it comes to weapons combat, Guts is a master, with decades of experience. Also, to touch upon what you said about Yautja faceing and defeating beings stronger than themsleves? Well, that is Guts's whole gig; that's a huge part of the Berserk series. Every. Fricken. Day, Guts contends with beings FAR stronger than himself.

In durability, Guts has this Yaujta beat. He takes beatings on a daily bases from beings(Like Zodd) who can hit harder than himself, and Guts has multi city block level power.

When it comes to stamina, this is a hard one to figure out. They both have freakish stamina, both being able to keep fighting for many hours after being mortally wounded. I'd say equal here.

Speed is equalized so the Yaujta isn't blitzed and killed instantly. Guts is Hypersonic +, while the Yaujts is in the Supersonic range.

In lifting strength, I concede that Guts is outclassed. However, Guts has superior AP due to his sword's kinetic energy, which there is a calc of on his page.

This calc gives the values if you would like to read.

They also have identical SS when the Yaujta is using the power glove.

In sheer stats, Guts has this fight fairly handedly. However, the Yaujta has time to stalk Guts and see his fighting style. I'd still give this fight to Guts 6/10 times. It would be tougher than I initially thought, but the Yaujta's thirst for a worthy melee battle would give Guts his victory.

@Formeraxe Okay then, another vote for Guts being able to win but with high difficulty.

I do already know about the KE of Guts' sword. But he and the Predator are both only 8-C here. This isn't Black Swordsman Guts, this is Guts after the Eclipse and first getting his sword. But in terms of sheer physical striking-power I do agree Guts probably has an edge with his sword even at that point. Let's keep in mind that Guts at that point is still an absolute beast, the guy who ripped through so many Apostles like a literal monster during the Eclipse.

@Seraphic Jade Aura As Formeraxe pointed out, you didn't fully read the initial conditions of the battle (no big deal though, I've made that mistake in a few threads before). This is an especially strong, thus Tier 8-C, Yautja right here, with all the equipment a Yautja normally carries on their immediate person (the stuff I listed was just notable examples). Take your pick of exactly what arsenal the Predator has, just nothing super-hax or anything and keeping in mind he does have, at minimum, the stuff I listed. Meanwhile, this is Guts immediately after first obtaining the Dragonslayer, shortly after the Eclipse.

The Yautja's martial-arts being superior to all martial-arts on Earth is great but the same could easily be said about Guts' swordsmanship considering that, if I'm not mistaken, the human culture on Earth in the Predator/Alien-verse is pretty much the same as on ours, so the martial-artists shouldn't be any stronger than in the real world. Better than a Samurai, you say? Please, Guts was better than any real-world Samurai ever by the age of 15. Also, no, Guts' durability would not be an issue, his durability and stamina are completely beyond-insane even at the point where he's still Tier 8-C. Just considering all the stuff he endures during the Eclipse and still has strength to keep fighting, it's obvious that his durability is just. . .ridiculous, really.

The things I'd imagine being in favor of the Yautja would be high-power ranged-attacks, cloaking, hand-to-hand skills, and hunting experience. Guts has far superior actual weapons-skills, though, and almost certainly more melee combat experience.

Formeraxe said:
The OP said it's an above average Yautja, and it's Guts just after getting his dragon slayer sword and such. The Predator has been limited, because Guts has been limited as well (speed equalized.)

When it comes to martial arts, Guts is outclassed if what you said is true. However, Guts rarely uses his fists in a fight, relying more on his sword, mostly because it's the only thing that can effectiely kill the hulking demons he fights to the death. And when it comes to weapons combat, Guts is a master, with decades of experience. Also, to touch upon what you said about Yautja faceing and defeating beings stronger than themsleves? Well, that is Guts's whole gig; that's a huge part of the Berserk series. Every. Fricken. Day, Guts contends with beings FAR stronger than himself.

In durability, Guts has this Yaujta beat. He takes beatings on a daily bases from beings(Like Zodd) who can hit harder than himself, and Guts has multi city block level power.

When it comes to stamina, this is a hard one to figure out. They both have freakish stamina, both being able to keep fighting for many hours after being mortally wounded. I'd say equal here.

Speed is equalized so the Yaujta isn't blitzed and killed instantly. Guts is Hypersonic +, while the Yaujts is in the Supersonic range.

In lifting strength, I concede that Guts is outclassed. However, Guts has superior AP due to his sword's kinetic energy. https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Austrian-Man-Meat/Berserk:_Guts_avoids_electrocutio!

This calc gives the values if you would like to read.

They also have identical SS when the Yaujta is using the power glove.

In sheer stats, Guts has this fight fairly handedly. However, the Yaujta has time to stalk Guts and see his fighting style. I'd still give this fight to Guts 6/10 times. It would be tougher than I initially thought, but the Yaujta's thirst for a worthy melee battle would give Guts his victory.
Sure, Guts may have been somewhat nerfed, but I don't believe it is to the extent of how nerfed the Predator is in this battle, seeing how much of his gear is absent unless Goodyfresh can state otherwise.

The martial arts knowledge of Yautja is true, according to Steve Perry's statements on it as he was a major contributor to the old AvP and Predator franchise. In regards to Guts' combat experience, not bad, but do note Yautja can have several hundreds and even thousands of years of combat experience. This depends of the ranking though... Higher ranking Yautja like Clan Leaders and Elites have thousands of years of galactic hunting and combat experience. Several hundred years goes to mid-ranking Yautja. And finally, low ranking Yautja can either have no combat experience (unbloodeds/recruits just have training experience) to a few decades of galactic hunting and combat experience. BTW, they can utilize their martial arts knowledge with their melee weapons, especially with wrist blades.

And going back to how you said he faces being far stronger than himself, well are those being superior to him in terms of durability, agility, reflexes, and/or weaponry? Because Yautja have, but it depends. In particular, I've seen Yautja defeat Predaliens who possess not only vastly superior strength than Yautja, but as well as in durability, agility, speed, and reflexes. Then there's some genetically and technologically enhanced Yautja with cybernetic implants that normal Yautja (Scarface in particular) had defeated in combat. This is all thanks to the Yautja's extreme level of intelligence, galactic hunting/combat/training experience, and skill that allows them to counter all these disadvantages.

As for his durability, from what I recall he's not naturally a multi-city block level. That's due to his sword possibly and the kinetic energy within is sword just concentrates the kinetic energy within the sword, but not an entire area. It's the sword's penetration and cutting power is what I believe I'm trying to say.

Onto stamina, I don't believe that will really matter here since both do possess extreme levels of stamina, but I'd just to say I believe that would be in favor of Yautja. Since I do recall a Yautja named Scarface, who it's implied that he was exiled to and slayed an entire planet that was very arid/dry, hot (the planet had three suns), rugged, and full of deserts. Not to mention it appears the planet possessed endless hordes of these large, hostile arthropod creatures similar to the Arachnids from Starship Troopers, except they were about 3 times as large and were more agile and quicker. In the end, Scarface after an entire century, was seen standing perfectly fine over a large, dead pile of these creatures. The pile appeared to be comparable to the height of mountains behind the scene.

Onto speed, well to be fair, Yautja are at least in the supersonic+ range, since there are no feats to ensure they're in hypersonic range. However, Yautja have countless of times effortlessly dodge/evade modern and even futuristic gunfire at close to point blank range. Along with outmaneuvering speeding sports cars with ease and moving so fast they turn into a big invisible blur to soldiers' eyes. Not to mention in South China Sea, there was said to be around a hundred soldiers armed with machine guns, snipers, AA guns aimed downward, and mortars firing and aiming at the Hunter. In the end, they were unsuccessful due to how agile and fast the Hunter was.

There is a difference between speed and agility you know? I find that the Hunter who might possibly not be as fast in terms of directional speed, but he'll have an agility advantage perhaps (remember, the jumping/leaping abilities of Yautja?), which I believe is more necessary during combat. Speed is mainly useful during combat when you need to retreat for whatever reason and utilizing tactics based on speed, like guerrilla and/or hit-and-run tactics.

Besides, hasn't Guts been tagged or hit by beings who aren't exactly in the hypersonic range or slower than him? Oh and how consistent are his possibly hypersonic abilities? However, there was one enemy Scarface faced and defeated, that I recall was able to with a Dlex (Yautja metal) sword, deflect darts from the hunter's dart gun at close to point blank range. This is similar to deflecting sniper rounds at close to point blank range so there's that too. Also, Yautja have tagged and hit beings who are far more agile and possess far greater reflexes than themselves too.

Onto lifting strength... Uhh your link doesn't show me anything... Well anyways, do note that thanks to the Yautja's knowledge in Jehdin, it incorporates the principles of Aikido. Furthermore, Aikido is a martial art that allows users to redirect the force and energy behind their combatant's h2h and melee attacks either away from or back at their combatant. Hell, there's a clear example of this occurring during a scan of a larger and stronger Yautja going up against a smaller and weaker Yautja. In the end, the larger Yautja lost to the smaller one as he wasn't as skilled as the smaller one in combat.

^ I believe this contributes to how some Yautja can fight with beings physically superior to themselves. This should come in handy when this Hunter is going up against Guts and his sword, along with his own power glove.

Now to conclude, I find that while Guts has faced and defeated beings far stronger than himself, mainly due to his sword, what makes the Predator really stand out from what Guts has faced is the Hunter's gear, combat skill/experience, and intelligence/tactics... Which the Hunter has all the advantage in all those aspects over. After all, the Hunter is a Yautja, who are a race of extraterrestrials who possess far superior technology than humans, even during the futuristic Colonial Marine/Weyland-Yutani era.

But before I say my ultimatum on how the battle can go, I'll like to add several more things… First in regards to Yautja melee weaponry, the weapon that stands out in the OP is the "spear", or combistick is really what it's called. The combistick is not just a razor-sharp and double-headed and spear-like melee and throwing weapon… It's 2 meters when extended and it's electrically charged to where it can electrocute humans to death. Does Guts possess natural resistance to electricity, without his sword? BTW, Yautja are on average 8 ft and 2 in in the EU… This is a good size and reach advantage as well over Guts.

Speaking of Yautja melee weapons, be aware that they're made out of Dlex. It is a Yautja metal native to their planet. Dlex possesses similar properties to Adamantium, durability in most particular. It's regarded as being very lightweight, yet very durable. In fact, it is said that no known human weapon can damage or pierce the metal, unless it is exposed to enough radiation to cause it to rust over time and only then it can be punctured. Hell, there are feats which prove the metal is completely bulletproof and can withstand plasma and explosive weaponry. Furthermore, Dlex has been regarded with possessing unbreakable/indestructible strength.

In regards to the keenness of their melee weapons, well they're described with what sounds like to be molecular cutting blades, meaning they can slice through virtually anything at a molecular level. To continue, a futuristic scientist analyzed a dart from a dart gun of a Yautja, which revealed and the scientist stated the darts were pretty much infinitely keen at a molecular level. Therefore, it's completely not unreasonable to say the same for their melee weapons meant specifically for slicing and dicing.

After all, Yautja melee weapons have ripped through modern and colonial marine tanks/APCs like wet tissue paper, effortlessly pierce the bulletproof hide of Alien Queens and Predaliens, and effortlessly pierce/damage the internal and external armor frame of Combat Androids who are durable enough to withstand an entire clip of pulse rifle ammunition (which are caseless, armor piercing and explosive bullets). Thus, I believe there should be no issues with the melee weapons doing some notable harm to Guts.

Speaking of Dlex, that's what Yautja armor is made out of. Furthermore, I suppose while the Hunter may not be naturally durable enough to take many blows from Guts' sword, but his armor should… The armor on his arm in most particular would probably be a good shield against Guts' sword. In addition, the power glove according to its concept design, can act as a shield so there's another use of the power glove as it is made out of Dlex, as well. Then of course, the melee weapons should be helpful in blocking Guts' sword. Unless there's anything to suggest Guts' sword can effectively slice through something as durable as Adamantium or similar to Dlex.

BTW, I'd say striking power would go to the Hunter if it's him with a power glove vs Guts naturally. To continue, the power glove is AT LEAST GJ… It actually rivals the strength of Young Predalien Queens, who are slightly tougher than a normal Alien Queen. In fact, they can bring down entire Yautja temples/pyramids with several fish slams, through power scaling however (Predalien warrior nearly brought down and shook an entire Yautja temple by slamming her fists on the ground several times)...

Then do note certain clans possess more advanced versions of cloaking devices. Furthermore, Yautja possess cloaking devices that render themselves nearly and even completely invisible, which is what I'm going to go by for this battle. Due to this, Guts will have a very hard time fighting the Hunter, especially when combined with how agile and skilled the Hunter is. Basically, Guts will be fighting completely blind unless there's some way y'all think he can get around fighting a completely invisible foe.

I wonder how Guts would stand up against the shoulder cannon's firing modes, like beam, charged, and rapid-fire mode. As beam mode can vaporize two soldiers in one shot. As for charged mode, it can vaporize a fully armored colonial marine and obliterate a rather large starship designed to transport human planetary colonies. Rapid-fire mode utilizes standard shoulder cannon blasts, but fires them at a rate similar to a Gatling or Minigun as it took out entire squads of soldiers within a scan or two along with taking out military trucks in the process.

Mind you that standard blasts from the shoulder cannon have one-shot T-Rexes, brought down Colonial Marine dropships with just a shot, one-shot and obliterate Apache helicopters, effortlessly penetrate Colonial Marine and futuristic armor, one-shot jungle trees, one-shot and obliterate military trucks, leave large holes in World War era tanks (causing them to explode shortly after), leave large holes in starships with very thick hulls, and etc.…

Then do note there's something y'all must know about the biomask. A staple part of Yautja equipment, it's a highly functional piece of technology providing the hunter not only head protection and breathing apparatus, but as well as a variety of other functions: • ┬À Provides multiple vision modes including the traditional thermal, infra-red (natural Yautja vision), ultralight, night-vision, x-ray, Xenomorph, silicon, tech/electric, sonar, foot-prints, light (normal vision by how humans see objects), and more to where none of their opponents and prey have anywhere to hide.

• ┬À Allows the hunter to see through walls/objects/structures and can pinpoint, analyze, and zoom on other objects hidden or stored in other objects like bags, pockets, or whatever else is used for storage or hiding things.

• ┬À Zoom function and 100% accurate targeting system for shoulder cannon.

• ┬À Enhanced hearing - Audio booster: can pick up a whisper at 500 feet. • ┬À Vocal mimicry, recording, and possible translator.

• ┬À Diagnostics and playback sightings.

• ┬À The tri-beamed laser sight is an advanced tracking and aiming sight. It works in conjunction with any weapon but is primarily designed with the Plasma Caster. The laser will lock onto any target within visual range, to a distance of 3000 feet. It also affords the hunter a 3-D analysis of the opponents' shape. This beam can also be used to heat things up to the temperature equal to a small bonfire.

• ┬À Thoroughly analyzes and gives a necessary list/descriptions of the genealogy, physiology, equipment, basic combat disadvantages & advantages, and neurological state and information of their prey and opponents in a matter of seconds:

1. [[http://static1.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11117/111170821/5260924-biomask+1.png ]]

2. [[1]]

3. [[2]]

With that being said, the Hunter will be able to find out all the necessary info about Guts and his sword for the battle and what are the most effective means of taking him out. Also, doesn't Guts, his arm, and his sword contain magical powers of any sort? If so, this could actually lead to the Hunter going blood-lust right away; Yautja possess animosity over magical forces according to the EU. Nevertheless, I believe the Hunter would go blood-lust anyways, mainly due to Guts' sword and if he'll be too durable to be taken out by typical Yautja means.

These cases of Yautja going blood-lusted and ignoring the honor code have occurred before in the EU, for reasons being that their prey/foe are way too much out of the ordinary/unusual of what they combat (like abilities very unique to Yautja) and basically reasons that would render the Yautja going up against prey/foes that would render going by the honor codes suicide.

So having all that being said, I believe this would go to the Predator's favor anyways and here's why…

The Predator utilizes a variety of tactics which some would likely be effective against Guts, such as guerilla/hit-and-run, disarming, ambushing, observing/studying/planning against him, using the environment to his advantage and aware of their surroundings, luring him into a trap/ambush, and playing possum/pretending to be dead so well that not even futuristic technology was able to tell a Yautja was playing possum, due to Yautja becoming completely immobile and can stop their hearts and pulses from beating, leave their own blood smeared on their body, and attack their prey/foes at the right moment. These tactics will go perfectly with the Hunter's gear.

So how I see this can go is that the Hunter goes invisible and begins stalking, observing, and analyzing Guts with his biomask. He should become blood-lusted and/or ignoring the honor code based on characteristics he's seen about Guts and Guts' gear. Then the Hunter utilizes his holographic sat-com + GPS in his wrist gauntlet, revealing not only Guts exact position relative to the Hunter, but a perfect holographic map of the area he's in and the details as well. This won't be used constantly though thanks to the Hunter's Yautja intelligence and extreme memory. Next, the Hunter utilizes his vocal mimicry device to trick and lure Guts into a trap and ambush or trick plan.

He carries out the ambush/trap/trick by laying on the ground face-up, smearing his body with his own blood, and goes completely immobile which includes stopping his heat and pulse beating temporarily until he attacks Guts when the moment comes. Furthermore, as the Hunter plays possum, he utilizes his vocal mimicry device (this device contains the exact voices and phrases of prey they've encountered) against Guts, luring him towards his fake dead body as he hears the voices coming from around where the Hunter's body is.

The Hunter listens as Guts walks towards him, who then Guts becomes very curious and perplexed on what has occurred as he notices an entirely different creature he's never seen and believes it has been killed by someone around the area, like the voices he's heard.

At the right moment during Guts having been distracted by his curiosity and confusion, the Hunter very quickly has his shoulder cannon aiming at Guts' face and is set to beam mode. Even if Guts could survive the blast to the face, he would at least receive a very bad and painful wound and would be blinded pretty badly due to the sudden burst of, insta-hit beam of highly concentrated plasma burning off his face, including his eyes, as I recall he can get burned by fire which doesn't compare even a little to the shoulder cannon.

As Guts it trying to supposedly recover shortly from the plasma blast to the face and is blinded, the Hunter gets up as quick as he can and goes invisible again. This way Guts is completely unaware of the Hunter's presence and is not able to detect the Hunter's presence at all. At this point, Guts is pretty much entirely defenseless and will have to probably rely on his other senses besides eyesight, but then again, Yautja are trained to be stealthy and Guts isn't really a guy who's other senses are no better than a normal human if I'm not mistaken.

Therefore, he's pretty much going to become heavily disadvantaged at this point. From this moment on, the Hunter could start screwing with Guts' mind and disadvantage by utilizing and playing various records from his vocal mimicry device, driving Guts' insane and highly vulnerable to attacks. In the end, the Hunter blasts the sword out of Guts' hands with his shoulder cannon or with his combistick. From there, the Hunter tosses or jams the combistick into Guts' head, electrocuting him and then decapitates Guts with wrist blades…

That's one possibility I can see occurring for the battle to go in the Predator's hands, but there are of course other ways this can go. So there you have it, I go for the Predator.

EDIT - Well, it appears Goodyfresh has allowed the Hunter access to all of his hunting gear shown in the EU. BTW, Goodyfresh, don't worry I'll just include anything the Yautja have utilized for hunts/missions, but not any vehicles and their non-hunting military gear. With that being said, this I believe should most definitely go to the hunter's favor, but I'll explain more if y'all would like. Then Goodyfresh, tier 8-C is around what average Yautja are in the EU, it's nothing special, but as you state it is an above average Yautja it's all good. Just bear in mind tier 9-A Yautja are the movie versions who generally aren't as powerful as their EU counterparts of course.

Keep in mind I'm also the main contributor to the Predator page (I'm actually AztecYautja1 as well), which I don't exactly put everything on there or into detail. This is because administers just come by and deem them as unnecessary or "rambly", but oh well, I can just argue them at least.

I'm sorry man but you're going to have to condense that somewhat. I myself have a habit of leaving VERY long posts in threads on here, but the fact is there's no reason a post should be as insanely long as yours here unless it is a Calc of some kind, haha. I mean seriously I just checked and in my browser your post is ALMOST FOUR PAGES.

I'm sorry man but basically I'm just not going to read it all. So your vote is for Predator, right? Could you possibly sum up your reasoning in just a paragraph or two, rather than describing step-by-step all the details you know about Predator and how you think this fight would go? I'm sorry man. Please don't think I'm being antagonistic. There's nothing WRONG with your post being as long as it is. I'm just way, way too busy today (in the middle of a big move, I go to my new apartment tomorrow) to take the time to read that entire post righw now.

So i can safely assume this Predator is a Military-Class hunter, yes?

Then he comes equipped with a Blazer, which burns, The blazer is a shoulder-mounted energy projector that fires a sweeping inferno beam. Hotter than many stars at its core, an inferno beam works by instantly heating objects it touches to the point of spontaneous combustion. Given this ability, the weapon is designed to hit as many enemies as possible by sweeping in large arcs across its primary target. Since it does not need to be aimed with much precision, the Blazer can continue to fire even while on the move. - AVP Extinction.

Does Guts have a way of surviving an attack of that caliber?

Aparajita said:
Then he comes equipped with a Blazer, which burns, The blazer is a shoulder-mounted energy projector that fires a sweeping inferno beam. Hotter than many stars at its core, an inferno beam works by instantly heating objects it touches to the point of spontaneous combustion. Given this ability, the weapon is designed to hit as many enemies as possible by sweeping in large arcs across its primary target. Since it does not need to be aimed with much precision, the Blazer can continue to fire even while on the move. - AVP Extinction.

It's noted that the blazer is only ever really used when hunting an alien queen.I'd imagine standard equipment for the Yaujta, such as the powerglove, plasma canon, wrist blades and the cloaking device.

It's also noted that the blazer is considered a dishonorable weapon to use outside of specific situations.

Goodyfresh said:
I'm sorry man but you're going to have to condense that somewhat. I myself have a habit of leaving VERY long posts in threads on here, but the fact is there's no reason a post should be as insanely long as yours here unless it is a Calc of some kind, haha. I mean seriously I just checked and in my browser your post is ALMOST FOUR PAGES.

I'm sorry man but basically I'm just not going to read it all. So your vote is for Predator, right? Could you possibly sum up your reasoning in just a paragraph or two, rather than describing step-by-step all the details you know about Predator and how you think this fight would go? I'm sorry man. Please don't think I'm being antagonistic. There's nothing WRONG with your post being as long as it is. I'm just way, way too busy today (in the middle of a big move, I go to my new apartment tomorrow) to take the time to read that entire post righw now.
No worries, yo comprende... In fact, I'm probably going to be off the vs battles for a while since I'm already in a more serious online battle and I got other things to do.

Well to sum in up in like a paragraph or two, I believe the Hunter would take this, mainly due to his gear, intelligence, tactics/wits, and combat skill and experience. All the other advantages that Guts possess are quite pointless due to the advantages the Hunter possesses and have been dealing with far superior opponents to themselves as well, such as in strength, agility + speed, reflexes, size, and durability.

Not to mention the cloaking device, which certain clans grant their Hunters with more advanced versions of the cloaking device to the point they become completely invisible. Thus Guts won't be able to find and detect the Hunter at all, especially when combined with how agile the Hunter is. In addition, the Hunter's biomask analyzer grants him just about full knowledge on Guts and finding a way to defeat him...

Aparajita said:

I'm talking about a highest-class Yautja in terms of strength, yes, but not with military equipment, more with standard hunting-equipment of the higher level clans, but none of the really super-duper hax or powerful tech like the Blazer. Also as someone else noted, they don't use their most-OP weapons, like the Blazer, except in very specific situations, as they consider it dishonorable obviously because they are so OP and make the job way too easy.

They also definitely don't have one of the higher-level cloaking devices that confers complete invisibility.

Goodyfresh said:
They also definitely don't have one of the higher-level cloaking devices that confers complete invisibility.
That's... a lot of restrictions on the Predator and the Equipment he's allowed to use.

Aparajita said:
Goodyfresh said:
That's... a lot of restrictions on the Predator and the Equipment he's allowed to use.

That's pretty much NECESSARY to even this out though, as most of the Yautjas' higher-level tech is way too hax or OP for a fair fight against someone like Guts, who while he has remarkable ingenuity and tactics, still only has access to Medieval or, at best, Renaissance-level weaponry/tech. If the Predator was allowed to have all, or even close to all, of his possible tech, then this would be a completely one-sided stomp despite all of Guts' abilities.

These restrictions are necessary in order for Guts to have any chance. Just like how I restricted Guts in this battle by equalizing their speeds, so he couldn't blitz.

That's pretty much NECESSARY to even this out though, as most of the Yautjas' higher-level tech is way too hax or OP for a fair fight against someone like Guts, who while he has remarkable ingenuity and tactics, still only has access to Medieval or, at best, Renaissance-level weaponry/tech. If the Predator was allowed to have all, or even close to all, of his possible tech, then this would be a completely one-sided stomp despite all of Guts' abilities.

These restrictions are necessary in order for Guts to have any chance. Just like how I restricted Guts in this battle by equalizing their speeds, so he couldn't blitz.

Here's what I told to Formeraxe in regards to this... Well to be fair, Yautja are at least in the supersonic+ range, since there are no feats to ensure they're in hypersonic range. However, Yautja have countless of times effortlessly dodge/evade modern and even futuristic gunfire at close to point blank range. Along with outmaneuvering speeding sports cars with ease and moving so fast they turn into a big invisible blur to soldiers' eyes. Not to mention in South China Sea, there was said to be around a hundred soldiers armed with machine guns, snipers, AA guns aimed downward, and mortars firing and aiming at the Hunter. In the end, they were unsuccessful due to how agile and fast the Hunter was.

There is a difference between speed and agility you know? I find that the Hunter who might possibly not be as fast in terms of directional speed, but he'll have an agility advantage perhaps (remember, the jumping/leaping abilities of Yautja?), which I believe is more necessary during combat. Speed is mainly useful during combat when you need to retreat for whatever reason and utilizing tactics based on speed, like guerrilla and/or hit-and-run tactics.

Besides, hasn't Guts been tagged or hit by beings who aren't exactly in the hypersonic range or slower than him? Oh and how consistent are his possibly hypersonic abilities? I mean, it's not like he's completely untouchable and will always land a hit on the Yautja right? However, there was one enemy Scarface faced and defeated, that I recall was able to with a Dlex (Yautja metal) sword, deflect darts from the hunter's dart gun at close to point blank range. This is similar to deflecting sniper rounds at close to point blank range so there's that too. Also, Yautja have tagged and hit beings who are far more agile and possess far greater reflexes than themselves too.

Now in regards to other combat speed feats your average Yautja possess, I recall an ADOLESCENT Yautja who managed to slice off the head of an Xeno Drone so fast, its head slid off very slowly and fell after several good seconds. That's very impressive since Xeno Drones are proven to possess decent bullet-dodging reflexes and agility.

If you want to talk about the difference between speed and agility, that applies to Guts too. His "combat speed" is even higher than his movement speed, and his agility is at the very highest level for someone in his speed-tier.

Anyway, the stuff you're talking about is irrelevant here since I declared speed is equalized for this fight regardless. If you feel that Predator's speed needs to be changed or have further explanation given, it might be a good idea to start a content-revision thread on the Predator's page to argue your points. It sounds like the issue might be that the Predator's agility/combat-speed is far higher than its actual movement-speed.

It's been established that pretty much all Guts' sword-swings are hypersonic. But again that doesn't really matter because speed is equalized for this battle. Just work with the conditions I gave in the initial post, there's no reason to debate teh two characters' speed since it's been equalized.

Goodyfresh said:
If you want to talk about the difference between speed and agility, that applies to Guts too. His "combat speed" is even higher than his movement speed, and his agility is at the very highest level for someone in his speed-tier.

Anyway, the stuff you're talking about is irrelevant here since I declared speed is equalized for this fight regardless. If you feel that Predator's speed needs to be changed or have further explanation given, it might be a good idea to start a content-revision thread on the Predator's page to argue your points. It sounds like the issue might be that the Predator's agility/combat-speed is far higher than its actual movement-speed.

It's been established that pretty much all Guts' sword-swings are hypersonic. But again that doesn't really matter because speed is equalized for this battle. Just work with the conditions I gave in the initial post, there's no reason to debate teh two characters' speed since it's been equalized.
I've been aware that speed was equalized. I was just saying all that if speed were never equalized. Plus, I find it ridiculous on how many times I hear people state "character A beats character B" just simply by blitzing as if speed means everything in a battle when I'm sure an argument can be made on how even the greatest speed advantage doesn't mean a specific character will automatically win.

Back