• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Rules: Speed Unequalized. This is Reborn Thawne vs Gunvolt 2 GV. Anthem, Septimal Surge and Septimal Shield are disabled.

Reverse-Flash_%28Tom_Cavanagh%29.jpg

AP: Upscales from 1.8821 Megatons
Speed: 2.05c
AP: Upscales from 3.11 Megatons
Speed: SoL Combat Speed
latest.png
Reverse-Flash:
Inconclusive: 7 (Smashtwig, Maverick_Zero_X, Xmark12, XSOULOFCINDERX, Knifeman29, Peppersalt43, GlaceonGamez471)​

Last edited:
Before anything starts, I'm gonna outline a couple things about Gunvolt and Prevasion, since every time he's in a VS Match (such as against Diavolo) everyone misunderstands his abilities and downplay him, so here I go.

Prevasion is an automatic intangibility defense that turns GV into electrons. It costs part of a resource called EP, the same resource as his Flashfield each time its used to evade an attack, hence "Pre"vasion. By default, he's practically unhittable. As for EP, that resource is rechargable, either on its own, or manually by Gunvolt himself. If he chooses the latter, all of his EP is instantly restored to its absolute max. Combine this with Prevasion, and Gunvolt can stall out anyone if he really wanted to. In character however, Gunvolt does not rely on Prevasion and actively tries to dodge attacks, but would also want to make sure that his EP is topped. Prevasion is disabled when Gunvolt uses his Flashfield, his main attack.

When he is out of EP, he goes into Overheat state, for a second or two, he becomes vulnerable and cannot use his Flashfield or Prevasion, making him vulnerable to any normal attack. However, in character, Gunvolt tries to keep his EP at full at all times via instant recharge and Split Second if needed, the both being spammable

From here, we can discuss whether or not GV should have Prevasion, in battle, he effectively fights exactly the same with or without it, always trying to dodge attacks first anyways.

Well, I'm gonna go with Inconclusive

(Keep in mind I've only seen Flash Seasons 1-3, though I have seen some scenes when Reverse Flash returns such as when he did the whole Naruto Shadow Clone Jutsu thing)

Not only is Reverse Flash just... not gonna use Time Traveling until absolutely necessary, because of Black Flash stuff. He would time travel if it's actually something important, not just some random fight with a 14 year old lightning kid, there won't be a need to do it for survival either, since... well, the next point

Regardless, due to Prevasion, Reverse Flash is just never going to hit GV... ever- even if he got hits in, GV can just heal like nothing ever happened, and then the cycle continues. However, GV cannot hit Reverse Flash either due to his Speed, Afterimages, and his own Phasing. One can argue that GV can theoretically hit Reverse Flash since his Phasing is not automatic like Prevasion, but one can also argue that GV's Prevasion has a limit with EP, and that maybe he may accidentally overheat. And even if GV absorbs Reverse Flash's electricity, he'll just jumpstart Reverse Flash with his next attack.

Last edited:
Those are too wide compared to what I had to work with when it comes to Thawne.

I'm a semi-professional thumbnail maker, don't try me

Back