• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gunvolt vs. Lux Arcadia (2 MORE VOTES)

Damn. I actually know Gunvolt, but based on what I'm reading from these profiles along with the discussion above? I guess I gotta go with Lux here. Lux has power mimicry and analytical prediction? That's pretty crazy, I don't know how Gunvolt could deal with that. If he could, I'd change my vote but for now I'll just go with Lux.

Lux seems to be more versitale and has overall better abilities.

Going to be that one guy before I start really looking into things

What REALLY stops Gunvolt from "Lol Prevasion"ing everything? The games even state that spamming Recharge+Prevasion is a legitimate strategy

And if even if Gunvolt gets caught in Flashfield, what stops him from healing off all the damage and now know not to use Flashfield as much?

Because if he gets caught by End Action is the end for him because not even Low-High regen could heal that.

Okay, but since this is Anthem Gunvolt, what stops him from NOT using Prevasion? In his very own boss fight, in character, Gunvolt NEVER used the Flashfield one time, and just kept spamming his offensive skills, which don't deactivate Flashfield. Unless Lux has some Water Attack with a special type of technology malfunctioning ion on it, it's not likely he would get through an infinite "Lol Prevasion"

Plus, if he happens to use End Action, he's gonna be out of air, which gives Gunvolt the chance to Septimal Surge + Offensive Skill for big damage.

If Gunvolt DOES get caught in Flashfield, he can immediately turn it off mid-End Action to reactivate Prevasion again, meaning that the rest of the incoming attacks would fail

Wait I'm stupid... it said Anthem is restricted...

My second point would still... kinda stand in that regard tho

Considering End Action slashes over 100 in less than a second, can he really react to that? Don't forget Reload on Fire makes Lux 10x faster.

That's kind of hard to say since speed is equal, in GV's case I doubt it would be that fast if speed is unequal. Since speed IS equal, GV should be able to react. Although 10x is a Speed Blitz Stomp, is it not?

It's good to note that GV uses Flashfield only after he lands a tag in combat, and if he does, I don't think Lux would simply power through that lightning damage like it's nothing. When Lux attacks, GV's Flashfield would likely be off since it isn't zapping him anymore if he's attacking and Prevasion would activate

It seems like End Action is just a rapid sword slice attack... I honestly don't think that would hold up to GV surviving molecular shattering ice swords, or space tearing swords. GV also has Septimal Shield to decrease damage too

In a speed equal match if the slowest character amps his speed to win it's not a blitz stomp because the other is naturally faster. I don't think Gunvolt should be able to react, has he ever reacted to someone 10x faster tham him?

Lux has attacked even when his body was so damaged that should be basically impossible to move, and he has faced electricity users before.

End Action is several hundreds of attacks at the same time and I'm pretty sure those attacks didn't destroy Gunvolt's body to pieces just like End Action would do.

If I recall, even if it's a 10x Speed Amp it still counts as a speed stomp. GV has fought people faster than him, like Jota but I don't think 10x is something he can do

Not sure if a 10x speed amp counts as a speed stomp, specially because the amp is just for 5 seconds.

It may still be a stomp? Idk, it's not like Gunvolt completely loses here

5 seconds huh...

Septimal Shield would really be handy there, but I ask this question: How will Lux be able to hit Gunvolt with Prevasion up? Flashfield leaves him vulnerable, sure, but Gunvolt only uses it when he successfully lands at least one tag (3 in his boss fight). If Lux can dodge the Bolts with the Foresight, it's likely that Gunvolt won't even unleash the Flashfield at all. Even if he does, at that point, how would Lux figure out that GV's Prevasion is down at that point? There isn't really any indication that it is down at all when it's active, unless Lux tries to yolo it and try and slash while being zapped by the Field. If that's the case, Gunvolt would have a perfect opportunity to hit hard with an Astrasphere, which, since Lux is attacking at close range, would be really hard to dodge even with Foresight due to the massive AoE

Back