• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gunvolt Revision

SomebodyData

El SiD
VS Battles
Joke Battles
Retired
Not gonna lie, probably my fault for not putting my foot down earlier.

- Gunvolt being High 8-C, likely 8-B is a complete jump for no reason, it comes from being superior to amped Copen. Which going from what I think is the logic in the reasoning, is a boost that comes nowhere near High 8-C, not even 8-C+ (1 Shard <<< Anthems <<< 3 Anthems amped) espically considering the scaling originates from a guy whose practically baseline 8-C.

- Stamina should be Above Average Human, recovering stamina and having invulnerability is not a sufficient reason for Superhuman stamina.

- The black hole feat is likely not legit, given other than the usual qualities found in fiction, it has nowhere near the pull or described with the qualities of a black hole. I would suggest scaling to Gunvolt's ability to produce natural lightning, but I don't think that's even dodgeable in verse. I would like to calc him dodging some gunshots and perhaps enemies dodging it if possible.

- Zonda's summary is straight up ripped from a wiki, whoever implemented that needs to be warned.

I suppose i am to blame for Gunvolt's Tiering and Zonda's summary. I would correct my mistake, but it's really late right now, and i've got school tomorrow, so, if that's okay, i would like to correct those mistakes tomorrow after i'm back home.

EDIT: As i'm going to sleep right now, i won't be able to respond for a long time. My sincerest apologies..

That's alright, as long as you change the summary.

We can work on making Gunvolt's profile a tad better tomorrow

Alright, i'm back.

Anyway, i'll go change Zonda's summary, but in the meanwhile; what should Gunvolt's stats be changed to, in your oppinion?

Tier: 8-C (In the original game, Gunvolt managed to defeat Nova "The Almighty", who was able to destroy an entire building upon transforming and grew larger than it. In the sequel, Gunvolt had defeated a significantly amped version of Copen, who had the assistance of three Anthems, making him significantly stronger than Nova.)

Speed: Unknow (Just until we calc his speed), Higher with Dash, Supersonic combat speeds via guns, Massively Hypersonic attack speeds via electricity (Produces natural electricity in his body as a form of attack.)

Stamina: Above Average Human (Is extremely well trained and can fight long fights against soldiers), can recharge his stamina.

Lemme just find some calcs for the speed

Do you have any gameplay of Gunvolt dodging bullets or someone dodging his lightning?

I'm afraid not.

You see, no one CAN actually dodge it when tagged, which is as normal as breathing in ASG.

As for the bullets, i'm not sure if you can actually dodge them when not using Prevasion. And while i vaguely remember Prevasion requires Gunvolt to consciously activate it, i can't prove it.

So i guess speed is going to be a problem :I

Hey um, i found another feat for Gunvolt; but it's AP.

So like, he causes a city-wide blackout with his electricity.

http://www.*********.to/armed-blue-gunvolt-ova-1 Feat is from 16:50 to 17:05.

It may be an outlier though... what do you think?

Is the final boss attack from Zonda in Gunvolt's route even calcable?

"Paradise Lost" - Zonda launches an attack that can be only be resolved by the opponent singing a j-pop song to the microphone.

This might be derrailing it a bit, but what makes Gunvolt's black hole different from the black hole used to put X in MFTL+?

It wasn't the Black Hole that put X at MFTL+; it was from scaling to Classic Mega Man

In any case; you mean that city-wide blackout? Because i'm gonna get that calced sometime tomorrow.

Well... that amounted to nothing :I

In any case; should i just go ahead and change the pages accordingly? Because i intend to make pages for Sumeragi's Seven Swordsmen, and Eden's The Seven..

Thought i'd ask first.

@Rep

I was going to get a feat of Gunvolt calced; which got overlooked, twice. And when i asked a Calc Group member in Chat, he basically said it's unquantifiable.

Change it for now to what we've agreed on, yeah, I'mma check if the ova had any potential feats

Oh yeah, i forgot to mention:

Gunvolt casually blitzed a couple of soldiers in the OVA

http://www.*********.to/armed-blue-gunvolt-ova-1 feat is from 0:38 to 0:48

Thoughts?

That's very impressive, they couldn't even react. That's at least Subsonic for sure.

Alrighty.

Think you can get it calced?

Because i don't know if it'll go the same way as when i tried to get Gunvolt's other OVA feat calced...

Not sure, can't scale it off the background since it since we never see a full shot, and in the feat itself he goes off screen a few times.

"At least Subsonic, likely higher" is definitely warranted here.

I'm sure Gunvolt's Tier should be higher than 8-C. Nova's transformation did destroy a building, but it's likely that this building was more like a city block sized fortress rather than some average apartment building in a city 4 stories high (Which I guess is what Building Level is supposed to be). Plus in Gunvolt 2, Gunvolt had lifted (or at least slowed the descent) of a giant Sumeragi airship (which I sure is far larger than a common building) that was going to destroy many buildings (possibly skyscrapers). I'm not sure if this is an outlier tho, plus Gunvolt had a little help from Joule, though her Anthem was significantly weakened at the time

As for speed, Gunvolt has fought against Jota. Jota is at least light speed considering that he can shift his body into photons to move at the speed of light. In the in-boss dialogue, Jota practically confirms that he is at least light speed. I haven't played the game in a while, but I clearly remember him stating something like "I hear that the speed of light is pretty fast, but my light is even faster than that!!" he then goes talking about how Gunvolt is too slow and can't keep up, but Gunvolt then says "Keeping up with you is a breeze!." To me, this is enough to make his reaction speed at least at nearly light speed.

Considering he can only talk when in his physical form (because it is also stated he moves faster than his mind can process), I'm pretty sure he would only be LS in short burst speed, not reactions nor scaleable.

Back