• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Various revisions to The Amazing World of Gumball.

Correcting the Plot Hole
During my previous thread about The Amazing World of Gumball, I got an explanation blog post accepted. However, I made a tiny oversight in the process. In this thread, I would like the opportunity to get the correction of this oversight accepted. (I believe it would be underhanded for me to edit my blog post at my own whim when it's currently implemented for regular VS Battles Wiki pages.)

In the "Primary Evidence" subsection of the "Protagonist Privileges" section, I cited season 2, overall episode 76, titled The Finale, and I described how the episode reveals that the Wattersons have the canonical attribute of practically always returning to the status quo in-setting, on an episode by episode basis. However, I forgot to include this in the "How This Applies to Characters" section, and subsequently, I forgot to apply it to the character profiles as part of my revision. I propose to correct this oversight by adding this as passive yet limited plot manipulation.

Extra Intelligence Evidence
I want to add extra evidence of intelligence, both of good and of bad demonstrations, to the profiles of Gumball and Darwin. I can re-format their Intelligence sections if I have to. Also, Darwin's intelligence should vary like Gumball's does, since the two are very similar in this regard and sometimes either of them is smarter than the other depending on the joke.

Extra evidence of Gumball being unintelligent: During The Goons, Gumball and Darwin treated themselves as experts at being dumb and were teaching Anais how to be dumb. During The Genius, Gumball struggled to figure out how the library helped people improve their intelligence, he fainted upon using the Internet for the first time, and he struggled to read a single sentence in a book. As shown during The Procrastinators, Gumball and Darwin are chronic procrastinators. During The Brain, a doctor described Gumball's brain as a downgrade from a standard Watterson brain. Soon after that, Gumball thought that there are nine days in a week. During The Finale, when the consequences of previous episodes started affecting the Wattersons, Gumball and Darwin were put back in kindergarten because they didn't focus on their work. Similarly, Gumball was temporarily put back to kindergarten during The Grades; later when attempting to get back into Elmore Junior High by taking a test, it was revealed that he has literally never studied before, and had to resort to cheating, which he also struggled with, but fortunately he ended up getting an A+ because he actually remembered what was on the test. Gumball and Darwin are degenerates online, as seen during The Voice. During The Others, Gumball was so self-centered that he thought that the world literally revolved around him, and that his class is the only one in Elmore Junior High.

Extra evidence for Gumball being intelligent: It was shown during The Misunderstandings that Gumball somewhat knows how to speak in the language of polygon creatures.

Extra evidence of Darwin being unintelligent: During The Goons, Gumball and Darwin treated themselves as experts at being dumb and were teaching Anais how to be dumb. Darwin gets utterly fooled by cross-dressing, as seen during The Dress and during The Lady. As shown during The Procrastinators, Gumball and Darwin are chronic procrastinators. During The Brain, a doctor said that Darwin has an underdeveloped brain. During The Flakers, Darwin demonstrated a lack of understanding of obvious sarcasm. During The Finale, when the consequences of previous episodes affected the Wattersons, Gumball and Darwin were put back in kindergarten because they didn't focus on their work. Darwin is poor at independently making decisions, as seen during The Decisions. Darwin is slow at comprehending ideas, as seen during The Oracle, and he lacks the ability to extrapolate. Gumball and Darwin are degenerates online, as seen during The Voice.

Extra evidence of Darwin being intelligent: There was one time that Darwin was able to outsmart Anais, during The Detective.

Magic Notebook Incoherence Correction
Gumball's profile states that the Magic Notebook has Planetary range, but its own profile and Sarah's profile state that it has Universal range. A decision needs to be made about this to determine which one is more accurate.

The Magic Notebook never had literally rewinded an episode, it was just able to undo all the edits it did to reality. We know that its range is Planetary as a minimum because it was able to turn daytime into nighttime. I don't think there's a way to confirm that its range is cosmic, although it feels right due to the metafictional abilities of other characters having this kind of range. Though, just because there is the Cartoon Network logo on the cover, doesn't mean that its potency is equal to Cartoon Network or the entirety of the show that it broadcasts, because the logo could just signify its origin, or what pool of capabilities the Magic Notebook can pull from. Even with that being the case, I don't see why it couldn't potentially edit the show, a universe, in pretty much any way the writer wants. I propose that the Magic Notebook's range becomes consistent with the Universal+ range of other characters, but I'm open to suggestions though, because I understand why this could be unreliable.

Miscellaneous Revisions
Gumball should have Multiple Selves type 3 listed on his profile, because his brain was shown to be a separate character during The Genius.

Gumball should have Perception Manipulation listed on his profile. During The Banana, he said that he thinks that his brain can prevent him from hearing boring things. This has been revealed to be true and quite special; he can make it so that his brain tunes things in and out of his perception entirely, to the point where he can even ignore an alien apocalypse and simply waited for the problem to fix itself. Those were shown during The Others and The Vegging. It also applies to Darwin due to him having the same reactions to events as Gumball.

Darwin should have Supernatural Willpower listed on his profile because, as seen during The Origins, he was able to survive on land and overcome starvation so he could return to Gumball because of their friendship bond.

Anais should have Fusionism listed on her profile. During The Parasite, Anais was actually the parasite, not Jodie. The reveal is not easily available online for free, but I found it in a reaction video, although the footage isn't completely facing the screen.

Richard can teleport as seen during The Slip, so he should have Teleportation listed on his profile.

Sarah should have Immortality types 2 and 3 listed on her profile due to being able to survive with her head off. She even puts it in a freezer at night to sleep, with that being clearly implied to be a regular occurrence.

Masami should have Social Influencing listed on her profile because she contributed a lot to Gumball's plan to fix Clare's life, and Gumball is already considered as having Social Influencing for this reason.

Masami was able to morph attributes of different characters together with her wind, including Carrie, so her profile should have Transmutation and Non-Physical Interaction listed.

Carrie should have Planetary range listed on her profile using the Forbidden Book, due to it being able to advance from nighttime to daytime during The Mirror.

Bumping for interest.
Great commendations go to @James_Plays_4_Games for such thorough work, in my own, heartfelt opinion.

I have not checked the links (& I'm not sure if there's a need to.), so I'll just say that I currently know of no reason to oppose these proposals.

Back