• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Guilty Gear Scaling Revision (Part 2.5): STRIVE Slayer & Zato-1 Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.

CloverDragon03

He/Him
VS Battles
Calculation Group
This is sort of a follow-up to this thread, but not quite. It really just involves two characters in STRIVE, who got new scaling thanks to the new DLC. Long-story short: Slayer dropped recently, and he brought some new scaling with him - both for himself and for Zato-1. Let's check it out.

Slayer:
Zato-1:
The bottom line is that I believe Slayer and Zato-1 should scale to a full High 5-A rating, as Nagoriyuki fully scales to this tier, Slayer surpasses him, and Zato-1 is strong enough to battle the two of them simultaneously and get Slayer to use his full power. I've made a sandbox of how this would look, linked here.

That's about it from me, so now I'll open the floor to discussion!

Agree: DarkGrath, DarkDragonMedeus, Planck69, LephyrTheRevanchist, Theglassman12
Disagree:
Neutral:

Last edited:
I agree. As you know, the scaling thread was made prior to Slayer's story being introduced to STRIVE, hence why he had no such scaling from it. If I may say as an aside - it was very cringe of Xrd to nerf him so heavily for the sake of the plot, and I'm glad he's back up to where he was before.

It's a minor detail, but since it was introduced in the new Slayer story as well, I feel it may as well also be added - in one of his conversations with Nagoriyuki, Slayer states that he remembers the look on Nagoriyuki's face when he first tasted wine, and that this was 683 years ago. Slayer's current profile says his age is "at least 200, likely thousands of years old", so I think this can be adjusted to "at least 683, likely thousands of years old" with the Slayer story mode as a reference.

It's a minor detail, but since it was introduced in the new Slayer story as well, I feel it may as well also be added - in one of his conversations with Nagoriyuki, Slayer states that he remembers the look on Nagoriyuki's face when he first tasted wine, and that this was 683 years ago. Slayer's current profile says his age is "at least 200, likely thousands of years old", so I think this can be adjusted to "at least 683, likely thousands of years old" with the Slayer story mode as a reference.
With a 5-0 vote for my proposed changes, they can safely be considered accepted. But, I'd like to revisit this. Slayer accurately recalls his memories with Nagoriyuki from this long ago, so should he receive Photographic Memory for this?

@DarkDragonMedeus @Planck69 @LephyrTheRevanchist @Theglassman12 I'd like your input on this as well, if possible

How come?
Recalling things from that fair back wouldn't be photographic memory, imo. Unless it's directly stated that it could be an ability because of his vampirism or whatnot. Just doesn't seem like a notable enough example to equate it to photographic memory.

But I'll wait to see what others think, since it's also not that big of a deal, so I don't mind it's addition.

Yeah it's not a big deal at all, it's just something I remembered that I felt (particularly because it's not a big deal, along with being related to Slayer) should be brought up now

Okay yeah, with that in mind, I'll just apply what is accepted. I definitely see now why Photographic Memory wouldn't work, and with 2 staff disagreements, I don't really want to hold this thread up over something like this. I'll simply concede on that point and apply the accepted changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back