• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Grizzly Bear vs Saltwater Crocodile

I vote saltwater crocodile, especially if vs wiki's version scales off of Gustave, the largest salwater crocodile on record. The only advantage the bear has is speed, and that's only on land. It has somewhat of a strength advantage, but the croc's skin is tough, and the croc is much heavier than the bear, which means the bear won't be able to turn it over that easily, or at all, like how people are claiming. Saltwater Crocodiles also have a rediculously strong bite. It's known to disembowl large animals with its bite, tear intestines right out with ease, and its bite grip is next to impossible to escape. The crocodile can potentially tear off a paw of the bear, which can turn the tides in favor of the crocodile.

Here's a link to Gustave.

[[1]]

ArbitraryNumbers said:
I could easily picture the bear body slamming the croc and getting impaled on its back.

The croc ways almost 4x the weight of the bear. The bear ain't body slamming shit.

So far, only one person on this thread has legitimate and acceptable knowledge of animals and animal behavior.

The crocodile would win 70/100 times due to it's sheer size, durability, and aggression. Bears also have the tendency to be cowards once injured, so if the croc gets in even one bite, either the bear will give up, or it'll die.

Just for clarification, I brought up the bear body slamming and getting impaled as a joke of sorts.

But for the most part I still think Melee is right.

Man from Shadow said:
Crocodiles didn't even stomp. I didn't deny crocodile being superior, but he isn't several leagues stronger.

You mean really fast made to hunt some of best land animals? Okay, and? Cougar could hurt crocodile also.
no ,but i think a Jaguar can

Back