• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Grim (billy and mandy) upgrade

Vzearr

He/Him
Recently this calc got accepted upgrading Grim's LS from Unknown to Class K and upgrades him from Multi-City Block Level to Multi-City Block Level+.

I'd also like to add a "likely far higher" to his LS, AP and Speed as he did this all with minimal effort and with one hand.

I thought "likely far higher" is harder to get and doing your feats casually just meant you upscaled from your value?

An "At least" rating works more than a "likely higher" here as the "likely higher" rating could use more evidence.

Anyways, if the calc checks out, then I don't see the problem

This is pretty much an outlier unfortunately, practically every other physical feat in the show is tier 9 to my knowledge, and that's a looong way off to 8-A especially considering the current calc doesn't use surface area in the slightest to know what Grim actually tanked.

This is pretty much an outlier unfortunately, practically every other physical feat in the show is tier 9 to my knowledge
What-
Attack Potency: Multi-City Block level (Destroyed Billy's neighborhood by playing music, can trade blows with those who can harm him)
Durability: Multi-City Block level (Took hits from Hoss Delgado. Survived the destruction of Billy's neighborhood. Laughed off an explosion that destroyed a coliseum)
iirc Grim should be comparable to Billy and Mandy, who as I remember were at the epicenter of the coliseum explosion.

I'm surprised this calculation doesn't account for the acceleration of the moon in this feat. Calculating force would definitely increase the result by likely an order of magnitude or more.

What-

iirc Grim should be comparable to Billy and Mandy, who as I remember were at the epicenter of the coliseum explosion.
First feat doesn't have a valid scan.

Even 1 meter away could drop that Colosseum explosion to 8-C or High 8-C

Yeah the point of where it started is iffy so I'd be against trying to use it personally

Someone should get @Eficiente in here for things
Tbh, I'd just say it'd be best to calculate the distance between Billy and Mandy. The median would be the origin of the explosion. I.e., if they're 5 meters apart, the explosion originated 2.5 meters away from both of them. Inverse square law reduces the energy they received, but given this feat should easily be Tier 7 when you account for Inverse Square law in its destruction, their durability from surviving it should still be pretty decent. Tier 8 at worst methinks.

Tbh, I'd just say it'd be best to calculate the distance between Billy and Mandy. The median would be the origin of the explosion. I.e., if they're 5 meters apart, the explosion originated 2.5 meters away from both of them. Inverse square law reduces the energy they received, but given this feat should easily be Tier 7 when you account for Inverse Square law in its destruction, their durability from surviving it should still be pretty decent. Tier 8 at worst methinks.
Yeah, that is an ass calc, so we should recalc it properly

Yeah, that is an ass calc, so we should recalc it properly
I think the volume of the building and destruction values are accurate. There's just some unknown factors (At least based on the clip linked to the feat). Is the explosion generated from a beam clash? A fist clash? If it's the former, inverse square law would apply for their durability. But if it's the latter, they'd scale to the full thing.

The only mandatory thing missing is calculating how strong the origin of the explosion is, based on the fact it still carries enough energy to pulverize the building, even from over 50 meters away from the source. 8-A to Low 7-C is only the energy of the explosion at the surface, 50+ meters away from the origin.

I'd just recommend getting the CGM who calculated the feat to account for that in the blog even if it's old. As most of the math still works.

I'm surprised this calculation doesn't account for the acceleration of the moon in this feat. Calculating force would definitely increase the result by likely an order of magnitude or more.
Btw, the Moon bowling feat becomes Class G if you account for Force. Going from 0 to 97.5 m/s in 2 seconds is 48.75 m/s^2.

680317920*48.75 = 33165498600 Newtons | 3.31654986*10^10 Newtons

Class G starts at 9.81x10^9 Newtons. So about 3.4x above baseline Class G.

Btw, the Moon bowling feat becomes Class G if you account for Force. Going from 0 to 97.5 m/s in 2 seconds is 48.75 m/s^2.

680317920*48.75 = 33165498600 Newtons | 3.31654986*10^10 Newtons

Class G starts at 9.81x10^9 Newtons. So about 3.4x above baseline Class G.
I didn't use force because after he throws it he's no longer controlling the ball, the ball is moving on its own momentum (I'm probably wrong about this but I don't think it accounts to his LS) if you really want I could account for the force of him bringing the ball into the planet and get it re evaluated.

I didn't use force because after he throws it he's no longer controlling the ball, the ball is moving on its own momentum (I'm probably wrong about this but I don't think it accounts to his LS) if you really want I could account for the force of him bringing the ball into the planet and get it re evaluated.
I guess that works too. But didn't they like shrink the moon or smth as they brought it down?

That's A. Overtime

And B. Probably 9-A.

A long ways off from 8-A, don't you think?
No haha, while he was playing the guitar he started causing earthquakes, strong winds, some fires, and broke the floor. In the end he causes an explosion that destroys the houses and sets the entire neighborhood on fire. The blog is calculating the final explosion. Furthermore, it has already been accepted. It's 8-B+.

That's A. Overtime

And B. Probably 9-A.

A long ways off from 8-A, don't you think?
To be fair, all the energy that resulted in the feat was unleashed in one single quick shockwave. At most you can maybe argue that he built the energy up over time? But I think it's the type of feat the wiki would consider scaling to AP in full, just not casual (Obviously). Funny thing about this feat too is that Inverse Square Law could've been used again. And it would've easily been Tier 8, if not 7.

Tbh tho, the calc is already super lowballed since it just calcs the explosion. I feel like calculating the destruction of all those houses would likely net better results than the explosion formula... let alone Inverse Square Law.

I can try to calculate that too.
Something I'd recommend: It seems Grim caused the feat from the foreground, and the explosion reached all the way to the far back houses. You could use ang-sizing to get the distance from the screen to the furthest house for another distance. I think that might be a better method too (Pretty sure whatever result you get would only be the radius of the explosion, not the diameter)...

Then you could calculate the destruction of the furthest back house (Using whatever destruction method you seems fit), get the surface area of a rectangle. Solve for the surface area of a hemisphere with the radius of the explosion, then "Explosion SA/House SA*House Destruction = Total Energy". All up to what you feel like doing. But the payoff def seems worth it.

Something I'd recommend: It seems Grim caused the feat from the foreground, and the explosion reached all the way to the far back houses. You could use ang-sizing to get the distance from the screen to the furthest house for another distance. I think that might be a better method too (Pretty sure whatever result you get would only be the radius of the explosion, not the diameter)...

Then you could calculate the destruction of the furthest back house (Using whatever destruction method you seems fit), get the surface area of a rectangle. Solve for the surface area of a hemisphere with the radius of the explosion, then "Explosion SA/House SA*House Destruction = Total Energy". All up to what you feel like doing. But the payoff def seems worth it.
To save you some time, here's the angsizing.
image.png

4.3*768/[23*2*tan(70deg/2)] = 102.53 meters

The surface area of the explosion would be 2•π•102.53^2 = 66,051.36 m^2

I think for the surface area of the house, you only need either half the surface area, or the area of a square (one wall) since only one side of the house would've been exposed to the explosion (The reverse of how we use half a persons surface area when tanking an explosion from a distance). I'll leave the house surface area bit to you if you decide to go through with my suggestions.

To save you some time, here's the angsizing.
image.png

4.3*768/[23*2*tan(70deg/2)] = 102.53 meters

The surface area of the explosion would be 2•π•102.53^2 = 66,051.36 m^2

I think for the surface area of the house, you only need either half the surface area, or the area of a square (one wall) since only one side of the house would've been exposed to the explosion (The reverse of how we use half a persons surface area when tanking an explosion from a distance). I'll leave the house surface area bit to you if you decide to go through with my suggestions.
It gave me an 8-A+ result.

If this is accepted, Grim should be "At least 8-A+" since he has two casual feats of the same level.
Looks good. Though I did realize something. It wouldn't change the feat by a drastic amount, but did the explosion originated from that large house in the center? When I watched the video, I thought it was the foreground. But based on the smoke smeared around it, it kinda looks like it came from there. If so, you'd need to ang size the house the explosion originated from (its distance from the screen ofc) and subtract that distance by the distance you calc'd for the far back house. It should still be 8-A. And to make it a little better, since your calculation angsizes the distance from the front side of the house, you can add the length of the small house to the distance it is from the screen. Albeit that only adds like 6 meters.

I'll take your word on the destruction being pulverization, but I thought it looked more like the houses were turned to ash. Which would raise the results significantly if so. But I'm not certain whether it is pulv or smth like vap.

Looks good. Though I did realize something. It wouldn't change the feat by a drastic amount, but did the explosion originated from that large house in the center? When I watched the video, I thought it was the foreground. But based on the smoke smeared around it, it kinda looks like it came from there. If so, you'd need to ang size the house the explosion originated from (its distance from the screen ofc) and subtract that distance by the distance you calc'd for the far back house. It should still be 8-A. And to make it a little better, since your calculation angsizes the distance from the front side of the house, you can add the length of the small house to the distance it is from the screen. Albeit that only adds like 6 meters.

I'll take your word on the destruction being pulverization, but I thought it looked more like the houses were turned to ash. Which would raise the results significantly if so. But I'm not certain whether it is pulv or smth like vap.
Agreed

but did the explosion originated from that large house in the center?
Nah, I don't think so, it is clearly seen that the explosion is caused by Grim and he is the epicenter. Grim is seen playing the guitar on one of the sidewalks, and when we are shown the destroyed area we do not see Grim or the children who surrounded him, nor the cracked ground that he had caused around him. I imagine those marks are an error when drawing the scene, or I suppose it means that something exploded inside the house, but the explosion definitely did not happen inside the house.

Nah, I don't think so, it is clearly seen that the explosion is caused by Grim and he is the epicenter. Grim is seen playing the guitar on one of the sidewalks, and when we are shown the destroyed area we do not see Grim or the children who surrounded him, nor the cracked ground that he had caused around him. I imagine those marks are an error when drawing the scene, or I suppose it means that something exploded inside the house, but the explosion definitely did not happen inside the house.
Fair enough. The distance can remain as is then. I would take the length of the house into consideration tho. Since it adds 6.858 extra meters to the explosions radius (And thus surface area). Might also be worth consulting someone on if the house was merely pulverized or just straight up disintegrated. Because I feel the latter would be substantially more impressive. Either way, feat looks good. Only fully scales to Grim though. For those near him, you'd need to do ISL for them as well. However, I'm guessing they have a means of scaling to him anyway. But would still be worth calc'ing for durability support. Granted the distance between them and Grim can even be calculated.

Back