• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Amelia_Lonelyheart

Luckiest Lady in the Land
She/Her
VS Battles
Retired
One day, The Hunter gets a request to a sail to "Folder Continent" and slay the beast simply known as Greymon.

Can The Hunter do it? Or will The Hunter become the hunted...

Set up

This is Low 6-B Hunter and Low 6-B Greymon

The Hunter has time to prepare, but doesn't know anything about Greymon, not even if its a Dragon or not.

The distance is around 1/3rd a kilometer.

Who wins and why?

I don't know much about Digimon, but considering Greymon's lack of Powers and Abilities (plus, the Hunter can get Fire res), and the Hunter's increased skill, experience, intelligence, and reactions, I'd say the Hunter takes this with relatively low difficulty.

Lasatar said:
I don't know much about Digimon, but considering Greymon's lack of Powers and Abilities (plus, the Hunter can get Fire res), and the Hunter's increased skill, experience, intelligence, and reactions, I'd say the Hunter takes this with relatively low difficulty.
You act as if Greymon was a ******, Greymon is highly intelligent, like able to drive intelligent. Also, Greymon isn't all about Fire attacks, His moves include Nova Blast, Great Antler, Grey Tooth, Great Tooth, Tail Whip, Tail Crash, Great Horn, Bit Fire, Fire Wall, Great Horn Attack, Horn Impulse & Fire Horn. He's got twelve different attacks, 8 of which are Ground type attacks, and 1 is a defensive move. And last time I checked the Hunter can only get Fire resist if he's defeated a Fire monster before hand. Also, the Hunter doesn't know that Greymon is a Fire Digimon anyway.

And so, I say that Greymon wins because of his Defense.

The Hunters fire resistance comes from the various armors he can wear. And since this is end game Hunter, he should have Fire Armor on standby.

I never said Greymon was dumb. I just said that the Hunter was smarter. Also, the Hunter is more about dodging attacks rather than taking them, so lower defence doesn't matter.

Darkanine said:
The Hunters fire resistance comes from the various armors he can wear. And since this is end game Hunter, he should have Fire Armor on standby.
I never said he didn't, I just said he doesn't know he needs Fire Armor. He doesn't know if Greymon has Fire Attacks.

Lasatar said:
I never said Greymon was dumb. I just said that the Hunter was smarter. Also, the Hunter is more about dodging attacks rather than taking them, so lower defence doesn't matter.
The Hunter isn't smarter then Greymon unless that's your opinion. So, the Hunter can dish it out but he can't take it?

Considering that a good 40% of MH monsters have fire element, an armour that's weak to fire is both rare and useless. Very few hunters worth their salt have armour that's weak to fire.

Also, I never said that the Hunter couldn't take damage, it's just that he doesn't really need to when he dodges instead. Look at the speed values. Hunter has far superior reactions.

Lasatar said:
Considering that a good 40% of MH monsters have fire element, an armour that's weak to fire is both rare and useless. Very few hunters worth their salt have armour that's weak to fire.
Also, I never said that the Hunter couldn't take damage, it's just that he doesn't really need to when he dodges instead. Look at the speed values. Hunter has far superior reactions.
"Considering that a good 40% of MH monsters have fire element, an armour that's weak to fire is both rare and useless." That is wrong 18.12% of all MonsterHunter monsters have the fire element. What is the Fire Element weak to?

Back