• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Grey Goo Reassessment

Flashlight237

VS Battles
Calculation Group
So I recently came across a tiering change (a nerf) for Grey Goo that was done without a CRT, and here I am sitting here confused as to why that is, so here I am making a CRT purely to evaluate rather than make any unnecessary changes I'm afraid of. Prior to writing this thread, I reached out to the development team in hopes that I would clear up what the Turtles of Time are supposed to be.:
"So it came to me that people are unsure whether the Turtles of Time personify time itself (like, let's say, the way Greek mythological character Chronos does) or are just facets of time. Here's what I gotta ask. Do the Turtles of Time represent the concept of time itself, or are they just little facets of it? If they do represent time, what aspect of time do they represent? Are they timelines, life cycles/rebirths of the universe, or what? More importantly, I know the entire tower is infinite (since it plays off the statement of infinity "turtles all the way down"), but is each individual turtle infinite? Thank you for taking your time with this."
I only just sent the email, so it'll take a bit, but here's the deal. The universe itself is an entity resting on a back of just one of an infinite number of Turtles of Time. So, we see the Turtles of Time in an infinite void, and the turtles themselves make an infinite tower within said infinite void despite the finite size of the turtles themselves.:

And out of that infinite tower, the universe rests on just one turtle. One out of the infinite within the infinite. That's kinda infinitesimal compared to an infinite tower contained within an infinite void. While I ain't sure if this would remain a justification for Gray Goo being 2-B like it had before, I would imagine its immeasurable speed rating is on a level that Gray Goo would be capable of moving on a higher level of infinite (the void). It's better to visualize it than to explain it with text.:
utqhiT4.png

The dookie-brown cone represents the tower of Turtles of Time, with the black circle being the universe and the white nothingness being the void. In my opinion, this can go in one of two ways.

One Layer Infinite: Tower of Turtles counted as its own infinite entity regardless of turtle count, meaning only one layer of infinite gets eaten. Goo is capable of moving through two layers of infinite.

or

Two Layer Infinite: Infinite number of turtles is counted within the tower, meaning two layers of infinite get eaten. Goo is capable of moving through three layers of infinite.

I don't think either necessitates a tiering change, in fact, the latter can be seen as infinitely on the same tier (if it's possible to be Infinite x Low 2-C while still being in Low 2-C or some nonsense like that, but that's just me rambling while being tired). But yeah, those are my schools of thought as to how to assess this. Feel free to assess what I got.

Here's a little attempt to try and clear things up a little.

Turtles of Time are countably infinite. As a result, the tower of Turtles of Time the Grey Goo would eat would be infinitely sized regardless of the finite size of the turtles. Grey Goo eating the Turtles of Time mean he's either eating one or two layers of infinity, the first layer being the infinite number of turtles making up the tower, and the second layer being the tower itself. Regardless, Grey Goo is still capable of moving within the Void: the THIRD layer of infinity.

I dunno how the Vs Battles Wiki treats layers of infinity, or movement within layers of infinity, however. Without explanation, I feel Grey Goo isn't getting any higher than 2-A movement capability (which is far higher than any AP rating that people agree to in this CRT) whether he's moving within the minimum of two layers of infinity or the maximum of three layers of infinity.

Bump (Kinda hard to get supporters to come in and discuss the matter when they all disappeared)

Okay, so I sent the email expecting some support representative to answer the email I sent, but I got Word of God instead!:
afgY0W2.png

I looked at the credits and this dude right here is the lead developer for the Tasty Planet series (the devteam is a family group it seems). While he looked like he was trying to recall what there was about the Turtles of Time given the tone of his writing is uncertainty, there are a few key takeaways from this.

1. The Turtles of Time exist outside of the universe. Yeah. Crazy. But it lines up with the fact that just one of them is carrying the universe on its back and it rests on top of the rest of the stack.
  2. The Turtles are Infinite. We already knew that, but it is also noted that they are all in a linear stack. This gives more credence to Goo eating one layer of infinity rather than two, but he still would be moving along three layers of infinity since the stack would still have infinite volume as a result.
  3. The Turtles of Time are capable of turning back time. This is a new one, given from what I can assume was a description from a cut Challenge Mode (I only just acknowledged that; I'm not 100% on it). Given the ending comic stated that the turtles had no way of defending themselves against the Grey Goo, the Grey Goo should have resistance to Time Manipulation. No, I don't think it's Acausality because the standards for it go WAY beyond just resisting Time Manipulation, to a point where actual written context is necessary to even start a discussion about it.
So yeah, looks like I got some higher ground on this CRT.

1: does the word of God support what is consistent in the canon?
2: It’s only released media that is allowed to be indexed as far as my memory recalls.

2 of these things may needed to be dealt with in order for my childhood verse to have the minor upgrade.

1: does the word of God support what is consistent in the canon?
2: It’s only released media that is allowed to be indexed as far as my memory recalls.

2 of these things may needed to be dealt with in order for my childhood verse to have the minor upgrade.
The first one is easily answerable: Yes, yes it does (I mean I even listed out the reasons why; did you miss that part?).

The first one is easily answerable: Yes, yes it does (I mean I even listed out the reasons why; did you miss that part?).
K. Now for staff & supporter input (maybe I'll contact them if I have the time).

I should list myself as a supporter of the verse if I have the time & contributions. I have basic knowledge of the plot lines of the 3 Grey goos & Tasty Blue.

I've seen weird stuff in the tasy planet spectrum, I thought this effect only hit megaten.

I wonder what the staff & supporter would think of Kember's analysis? It has non religious scaling, though it assumes that the noodle monster is the spaghetti monster.

Though if the grey goo becomes tier 1, no more match up with my childhood character. Wait, I think I can contact supporters here of the verse!

I wonder what the staff & supporter would think of Kember's analysis? It has non religious scaling, though it assumes that the noodle monster is the spaghetti monster.

Though if the grey goo becomes tier 1, no more match up with my childhood character. Wait, I think I can contact supporters here of the verse!
1.the wiki(which is supported by the devs)says that the noodle monster is the same from the religión(but this religión is not a religión by itself,is more like a mistical and super weird stuff)
2.there is no reason to assume that noodle monster is not the FSM from the religión.
Considering that this is the only media in fiction where he exist has a real thing and not a joke(thought maybe scp also has the same if You search for it)

Isn't religious scaling at all not generally used?
Yeah. Even if it was used, Hinduism is really the only religion that has an idea on how layered infinities and multiverses work. The rest of the religions basically just stuck with one universe. I think Norse mythology tried to make a multiverse, albeit a finite one I'd imagine, but I don't think it worked out the way they wanted it to: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norse_cosmology#Nine_Worlds

Though I'd imagine the Flying Spaghetti Monster is generally fine since Pastafarianism was initially created as satire rather than anything serious. Not that it matters since in Tasty Planet Forever, the Flying Spaghetti Monster is only somewhat more powerful than the superclusters it eats.

Yeah. Even if it was used, Hinduism is really the only religion that has an idea on how layered infinities and multiverses work. The rest of the religions basically just stuck with one universe. I think Norse mythology tried to make a multiverse, albeit a finite one I'd imagine, but I don't think it worked out the way they wanted it to: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norse_cosmology#Nine_Worlds

Though I'd imagine the Flying Spaghetti Monster is generally fine since Pastafarianism was initially created as satire rather than anything serious. Not that it matters since in Tasty Planet Forever, the Flying Spaghetti Monster is only somewhat more powerful than the superclusters it eats.
The flying spaghetti monster has a unkown size in is religión,but is imply to be the thing that controles gravity

Tasty-verse explanation blog when

Good job on analysing the Turtles of Time, Flashlight.

Given the ending comic stated that the turtles had no way of defending themselves against the Grey Goo, the Grey Goo should have resistance to Time Manipulation. No, I don't think it's Acausality because the standards for it go WAY beyond just resisting Time Manipulation, to a point where actual written context is necessary to even start a discussion about it.
Do you wish replacing Acausality with Time Manipulation in the ToT profile?

1. The Turtles of Time are capable of turning back time. This is a new one, given from what I can assume was a description from a cut Challenge Mode (I only just acknowledged that; I'm not 100% on it). Given the ending comic stated that the turtles had no way of defending themselves against the Grey Goo, the Grey Goo should have resistance to Time Manipulation. No, I don't think it's Acausality because the standards for it go WAY beyond just resisting Time Manipulation, to a point where actual written context is necessary to even start a discussion about it.
Uhm, isn't that just some bs ChatGPT made up? I wouldn't use this tbh.

Are we able to get the scan that it's actually from the creators' email? Or is this not possible due to stuff like privacy reasons?

I literally posted the scan the moment I got it.
I think @StrymULTRA doesn't believe your scan because anyone could've typed it+chatbot. However, anyone with access into a basic intuition would know that the mood for the creator's scan seems professional & different from the rest of Flashlight's text.

Plus, I'm pretty sure AI as impressive as it is, isn't entirely perfect. Where's the weird/slightly out of place mistakes that only an AI would've typed?

I seem to believe your scan, I've read DingoGames' comments from a/many youtube comments section(s) a long time ago & I can tell that the mood & professionalism matches that of your scan.

I think @StrymULTRA doesn't believe your scan because anyone could've typed it
I never said it. I do not doubt that's WoG, but the chatbot part is what shouldn't be used. Chatbots are not reliable at all, when they talk about fictional topics, they often make up a lot of things which is borderline fanfiction with what happened in the actual story.

So using that for an actual P&A is a complete no-go.

Back