• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gremmy downgrade Death mp

Status
Not open for further replies.

I want to remove Gremmy's death manipulation of at all possible or *maybe change it slightly depending on if or not the below excuses account for death manip. Chapter 572 of Bleach, first we see of Gremmy, he states his ability to do anything he imagined. 2 captains are said to be killed of his handiwork so the assumption is made that he had imagined their deaths. Cool. How is the real question.

Screenshot_20231228_143640_Chrome.jpg

Likely could've been due to spiritual pressure flex but I doubt the captain's are being affected by that because they high ranked souls. What about stopping the function of or crushing internal organs? Stopping the function of or crushing the heart? He could've even imagined a bubble in their blood vessels causing them to die. My issue is that it's too vague.

Do all the above excuses count for death manipulation? If so, I'll close the thread immediately and if not, let's get debating. 👌

Agree:

Disagree: @LuffyRuffy46307 @Valeska24 @Spectra_Schiffer @Bastolan27

Neutral:

Last edited:
I disagree
Likely could've been due to spiritual pressure flex but I doubt the captain's are being affected by that because they high ranked souls. What about stopping the function of or crushing internal organs? Stopping the function of or crushing the heart? He could've even imagined a bubble in their blood vessels causing them to die. My issue is that it's too vague.
Funny. Gremmy said he killed them. Is there any evidence of heart crushing or anything? Why would Gremmy think about something so complicated instead of something simple like killing them? All he does is say "I already killed them."

Tbh it's ironic that you opened a topic without using scan.

It being death manip for not doesn't matter to me, heck, he quite literally said he killed the captains.
It's just it being both instant death hax and his first move in combat that bothers me.

Gremmy used "death" type hax twice. One against the captains and the other against the Vanishing point guy. The thing is

1- The first one was used against incapacitated captains, quite literally outside of the battlefield, it doesn't prove he starts with this move when hes actually battling. Also, it's 100% Death Manip, but what about it makes it "instant"? Do we have an instance of them being alive and then poof, ded asl, or do we only know Gremmy killed them?

2- While the second one was used in combat against the Vanishing Point, I recall him using at least one other move before erasing the dude's existence, so it's not even the very first thing he does. Other than that, any other battle Gremmy is involved with, he straight up does not use any Death/Erasure hax.

I can see the PIS arguments, but he's never used it as a first move in battle at all to begin with. At some point there should be a limit on how much we can ignore his stupidity in vs matches, no?

Also I wanted to ask, was the ability used on the captains the same as the one used on the Vanishing Point guy? Because the former killed them by unknown means and left their body intact, while the latter completely erased his opponent.

I disagree

Funny. Gremmy said he killed them. Is there any evidence of heart crushing or anything? Why would Gremmy think about something so complicated instead of something simple like killing them? All he does is say "I already killed them."

Tbh it's ironic that you opened a topic without using scan.
I'm asking for more information outside the vague "I killed them" of course we are given that he can imagine anything but there are ways you can go around it. I feel like the death manip on his page was given because it was a common belief that he could imagine people to just fall dead after we saw the captain's. We are never told that he imagined them dead, we inferred it, if not just simply made that up and this is because we did not see their fight AND he just never does it again. Hence my proposal of excuses in the OP. Could've imagined any of the above happening to those poor captains.

I couldn't be asked adding the panel but if you're crying over it this much, so be it.

It being death manip for not doesn't matter to me, heck, he quite literally said he killed the captains.
It's just it being both instant death hax and his first move in combat that bothers me.

Gremmy used "death" type hax twice. One against the captains and the other against the Vanishing point guy. The thing is

1- The first one was used against incapacitated captains, quite literally outside of the battlefield, it doesn't prove he starts with this move when hes actually battling.

2- While the second one was used in combat against the Vanishing Point, I recall him using at least one other move before erasing the dude's existence, so it's not even the very first thing he does. Other than that, any other battle Gremmy is involved with, he straight up does not use any Death/Erasure hax.

I can see the PIS arguments, but he's never used it as a first move in battle at all to begin with. At some point there should be a limit on how much we can ignore his stupidity in vs matches, no?

Also I wanted to ask, was the ability used on the captains the same as the one used on the Vanishing Point guy? Because the former killed them by unknown means and left their body intact, while the latter completely erased his opponent.
The other guy got hit with existence erasure I believe

1- The first one was used against incapacitated captains, quite literally outside of the battlefield, it doesn't prove he starts with this move when hes actually battling. Also, it's 100% Death Manip, but what about it makes it "instant"? Do we have an instance of them being alive and then poof, ded asl, or do we only know Gremmy killed them?

Agree, disagree, neutral or following?

I'm asking for more information outside the vague "I killed them" of course we are given that he can imagine anything but there are ways you can go around it. I feel like the death manip on his page was given because it was a common belief that he could imagine people to just fall dead after we saw the captain's. We are never told that he imagined them dead, we inferred it, if not just simply made that up and this is because we did not see their fight AND he just never does it again. Hence my proposal of excuses in the OP. Could've imagined any of the above happening to those poor captains.

I couldn't be asked adding the panel but if you're crying over it this much, so be it.
I can definitely tell you're joking, but it's not a funny joke, mate

We clearly see Gremmy explaining his own power in this part, when he talks about "V", he makes statements like "Everything I imagine comes true" and says that he has already killed the Captains before this explanation, which is a proof that this is about imagination.

If you think this is not the case, please provide concrete evidence that Gremmy killed these captains with something other than imagination, because yes, no one cares that you cry here because of the possibilities, because even the reasons you offer in Op are a possibility in itself, I don't care that you interpret this ability differently without evidence

And yes I totally disagree with this nonsense

What.. well this is starting to get funnier.

All you do is claim that Gremmy kills captains with heart attacks and stuff, but do you have any evidence for that? Gremmy said he killed them, I wonder how he did it? He killed by dreaming, didn't he? Gremmy already sees the captains as garbage at that moment. You can't use the Yachuri argument you presented before here either because Gremmy is just imagining fantasy things for fun lol
This is what Blud, who opened a CRT with the embarrassing bleach information to prevent defeat from being added to the notes on the profile of the freak called Lucius, tells me this haha

I want to remove Gremmy's death manipulation of at all possible or *maybe change it slightly depending on if or not the below excuses account for death manip. Chapter 572 of Bleach, first we see of Gremmy, he states his ability to do anything he imagined. 2 captains are said to be killed of his handiwork so the assumption is made that he had imagined their deaths. Cool. How is the real question.

Do all the above excuses count for death manipulation? If so, I'll close the thread immediately and if not, let's get debating. 👌
I sense another thing going on.

You said what is stopping him from Imagining their heart beating, blah blah blah, etc. All still counts as Death Manipulation. I can imagine a person's breath being taken from them and i will get Death Manipulation. Light is an example.
Also, I think this could be a reason for a ban
Nah, a warning would suffice

I disagree with OP.

What an absolute nothing burger of a thread. Not only are you incorrect on Gremmy's abilities, you're incorrect on Quincies in general.

Quincies don't Reiatsu Crush people because Quincies don't release Reiatsu similar to other races in Bleach.

I just woke up, so I won't respond right now. But I'll address this later.

Go grab the anime scans and come, because we use TYBW scans in discussions

I hope you didn't buy this from the link in the profile instead of opening the original manga and reading it once, ptherwise your non-existent bleach knowledge will make me make more fun of you. 😭😭

You said what is stopping him from Imagining their heart beating, blah blah blah, etc. All still counts as Death Manipulation. I can imagine a person's breath being taken from them and i will get Death Manipulation. Light is an example.
eh not really
being able to just stop someone's heart would be Biological Manip, suffocating someone by taking their breath is Air Manip

death manip is pretty much only given if the method isn't explained.
if there's a method for it (like mentioned above, heart stop or suffocation) then it's just causing death through some other hax, which is what goes on the profile.
The method isn't explained, Gremmy just says he killed them and his power is all about imagining things into reality, no further information is given.

The method isn't explained, Gremmy just says he killed them and his power is all about imagining things into reality, no further information is given.
i'm aware, i was just talking about the specific examples Excel brought up - he said heart stopping and suffocation via taking someone's breath would be indexed under death manip, to which i said "nuh uh"

Disagree with this.
Reiatsu Crush is not an ability that Quincy have.
As the others have said, Gremmy's power is all about imagining things into existence. In this instance, he imagined those people as dead, so they died. It's textbook Death Manipulation.
If we were told of another method by which death was achieved, then I would've agreed with this. But that's clearly not what happened.

Disagree with this.
Reiatsu Crush is not an ability that Quincy have.
As the others have said, Gremmy's power is all about imagining things into existence. In this instance, he imagined those people as dead, so they died. It's textbook Death Manipulation.
If we were told of another method by which death was achieved, then I would've agreed with this. But that's clearly not what happened.
While you're here, do you happen to know why it's accepted as his first move in battle? Because he didn't do it against Yachiru and he used EE instead for the Vanishing stenritter, and even that wasn't really his first attack on him.

Edit: nvm I thought you were a CM, you can still answer if you want tho

None approached the boy who had been freed, and as though they believed they would be killed if they simply met eyes with him, the general members did not even enter his field of vision. However, there was a single figure who had approached Gremmy without hesitation.
Gremmy is kinda refered as a figure who kills others just as if they meet his eyes.

If you want to avoid confusion and revisiting this topic everytime I think it will be best to remove that weakness from his page or state only kenpachi made him act like this.

While you're here, do you happen to know why it's accepted as his first move in battle? Because he didn't do it against Yachiru and he used EE instead for the Vanishing stenritter, and even that wasn't really his first attack on him.

Edit: nvm I thought you were a CM, you can still answer if you want tho
I'm not knowledgeable enough on Bleach to really get into any of that, but I don't see how any of that pertains to this thread.
Determining a character's first move is something usually done on VS threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back