• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"In character, Deku would turn 100% off and talk to Steven when he realizes he can’t get past the bubble.

Or he’d try to break any concentration Steven has on the bubble. I imagine getting shaken up and down would be quite taxing on his brain.

In fact, what would happen if Deku did that? Would the bubble stop existing if Steven gets shaken like a rattle while he’s inside it? He needs to concentrate to keep it up no?"

It doesnt require concentration to maintain no, hes shown the ability to keep it up even while unconscious

"In character, Deku would turn 100% off and talk to Steven when he realizes he can’t get past the bubble.

Or he’d try to break any concentration Steven has on the bubble. I imagine getting shaken up and down would be quite taxing on his brain.

In fact, what would happen if Deku did that? Would the bubble stop existing if Steven gets shaken like a rattle while he’s inside it? He needs to concentrate to keep it up no?"

It doesnt require concentration to maintain no, hes shown the ability to keep it up even while unconscious
So what stops Deku from shaking Steven like a bad parent until he passes out inside the bubble and wins from incapacitation?

Also
his dura is 16 gigatons, 4 gigatons was the ap of one light cannon, the gem ship's durability scales to being undamaged by the combined power of four of them and steven's bubble was undamaged by the explosion of the ship

Also
his dura is 16 gigatons, 4 gigatons was the ap of one light cannon, the gem ship's durability scales to being undamaged by the combined power of four of them and steven's bubble was undamaged by the explosion of the ship
Except that would just scale his bubble to whatever the explosion of the ship yields. And the ship exploded due to its generator being messed with not attacks. So isn’t that a strange circumstance? And if that was the case, why aren’t Jasper and Lapis 6-C for surviving it point blank with no shields at all?

Heck, if that explosion is 6-C and Steven’s bubble scales for withstanding it, that makes Jasper 6-C for surviving it too, which makes Garnet 6-C, which makes the Pearl and Amethyst 6-C, which makes Opal 6-C who…. Can’t do damage to the warship.

"Except that would just scale his bubble to whatever the explosion of the ship yields. And the ship exploded due to its generator being messed with not attacks. So isn’t that a strange circumstance? And if that was the case, why aren’t Jasper and Lapis 6-C for surviving it point blank with no shields at all?"

That's not how that works though, the ship already has a calculated durability of 6-C. The explosion destroyed the ship, the circumstance doesnt really matter as in the end it's still an explosion that destroyed the ship.

Theres an ongoing crt about upgrading them actually

"Except that would just scale his bubble to whatever the explosion of the ship yields. And the ship exploded due to its generator being messed with not attacks. So isn’t that a strange circumstance? And if that was the case, why aren’t Jasper and Lapis 6-C for surviving it point blank with no shields at all?"

That's not how that works though, the ship already has a calculated durability of 6-C. The explosion destroyed the ship, the circumstance doesnt really matter as in the end it's still an explosion that destroyed the ship.

Theres an ongoing crt about upgrading them actually
So Jasper and Lapis become 6-C, which through scaling, makes Opal 6-C, who could deal no damage whatsoever to the warship, when she is directly scaling to its destruction.

"Heck, if that explosion is 6-C and Steven’s bubble scales for withstanding it, that makes Jasper 6-C for surviving it too, which makes Garnet 6-C, which makes the Pearl and Amethyst 6-C, which makes Opal 6-C who…. Can’t do damage to the warship."

Opal is 6-C scaling above the light cannons actually

And none of the other stuff applies as garnet is absurdly stronger than pearl and amethyst

"Heck, if that explosion is 6-C and Steven’s bubble scales for withstanding it, that makes Jasper 6-C for surviving it too, which makes Garnet 6-C, which makes the Pearl and Amethyst 6-C, which makes Opal 6-C who…. Can’t do damage to the warship."

Opal is 6-C scaling above the light cannons actually

And none of the other stuff applies as garnet is absurdly stronger than pearl and amethyst
One of the justifications for Amethyst is literally that she isn’t that much weaker than Garnet, from official statements. Are Pearl and Garnet just far weaker than Ruby?

And Opal WOULD be comparable to Garnet since she’s a fusion too. So why can’t she harm the warship if she scales to it’s destruction?

"So Jasper and Lapis become 6-C, which through scaling, makes Opal 6-C, who could deal no damage whatsoever to the warship, when she is directly scaling to its destruction."

Opal is already 6-C scaling above the light cannons

"One of the justifications for Amethyst is literally that she isn’t that much weaker than Garnet, from official statements. Are Pearl and Garnet just far weaker than Ruby?

And Opal WOULD be comparable to Garnet since she’s a fusion too. So why can’t she harm the warship if she scales to it’s destruction?"

Amethyst should not scale to Garnet in any way, garnet has oneshot amethyst with a casual punch and jasper who garnet is equal to casually curbstomped her

Fusions dont all scale to each other, they have varying levels of power and even I. the show they have a canon power measurement system that puts opal above Garvet

"One of the justifications for Amethyst is literally that she isn’t that much weaker than Garnet, from official statements. Are Pearl and Garnet just far weaker than Ruby?

And Opal WOULD be comparable to Garnet since she’s a fusion too. So why can’t she harm the warship if she scales to it’s destruction?"

Amethyst should not scale to Garnet in any way, garnet has oneshot amethyst with a casual punch and jasper who garnet is equal to casually curbstomped her

Fusions dont all scale to each other, they have varying levels of power and even I. the show they have a canon power measurement system that puts opal above Garvet
Except you’re saying that Opal is weaker than Garnet because she can barely harm the ship while Jasper, who Garnet scales to, can flat out tank the explosion.

Advantages and Disadvantages:

Izuku Midoriya:
  • Analytical Prediction + Intelligence (can likely use this to get around Steven's abilities)
  • Hand to Hand Combatant (if put into a hand-to-hand situation, Deku can easily get the win due to Steven possibly being unable to react)
  • Stamina
  • Attack Potency (Steven is reliably comparable to Ruby, who's AP compares to her durability. Izuku has >304 megatons while Ruby/Steven has 274 megatons for their AP)
  • Restraining via Blackwhip
  • Much, much, higher mobility
  • Fa Jin (if Steven attempts to draw out the fight, Deku will use Fa Jin to completely outspeed and defeat Steven, with him likely being unable to react)
  • Precognition (makes it incredibly difficult for Steven to hit him)
  • Smoke Manipulation (WILL eventually use Smoke Manipulation to throw Steven off guard and attack him)

Steven Universe from Steven Universe:
  • Forcefields (Deku cannot break through these forcefields without using Fa Jin, as no matter what, i'm pretty sure it's very likely in AP stomp range)
  • Regeneration
  • Range/BFR/Sealing
I don't have any information and thus cannot put these reliably on the advantages and disadvantages chart:
  • Shapeshifting
  • Attack Reflection
  • Healing
  • Empathic Telepathy
Even if any of these advantages are present for Steven, here are the situations that Izuku can win:
  • Restraining when Izuku finds an opening
  • Long Fights (possibly, if Steven doesn't seal)
  • Close Fights
  • Using Smoke Manipulation
I think Deku wins, but i'm open to other opinions.

One of the justifications for Amethyst is literally that she isn’t that much weaker than Garnet, from official statements. Are Pearl and Garnet just far weaker than Ruby?

And Opal WOULD be comparable to Garnet since she’s a fusion too. So why can’t she harm the warship if she scales to it’s destruction?
There's actually a CRT going on right now to upgrade Garnet and Co. to 6-C (Although it's kind of just... died)

Look, either way, Deku can just give Steven a concussion by shaking him up and down while he’s in his bubble. So if hiding in the bubble is his only means of winning, he’s kinda screwed here since Deku will just think of a way to KO him while he’s in the bubble.

BFR is irrelevant since Steven is so horrifically outclassed in skill that there’s nothing he could do that would catch Deku to put him in a bubble, especially when he’s getting thrown around by Blackwhip and kicked in the face.
tbh Steven looks like he would win to me

his bubble shields can no sell all of deku's attacks and when Steven does decide to use sealing/bfr, dekus precog probably wont active considering it doesn't count as danger
Except he doesn’t need Danger Sense to predict movements, and is going to be restraining Steven with Blackwhip the entire time anyway. His only safe win condition is turtling in the bubble.

Look, either way, Deku can just give Steven a concussion by shaking him up and down while he’s in his bubble. So if hiding in the bubble is his only means of winning, he’s kinda screwed here since Deku will just think of a way to KO him while he’s in the bubble.

BFR is irrelevant since Steven is so horrifically outclassed in skill that there’s nothing he could do that would catch Deku to put him in a bubble, especially when he’s getting thrown around by Blackwhip and kicked in the face.

Except he doesn’t need Danger Sense to predict movements, and is going to be restraining Steven with Blackwhip the entire time anyway. His only safe win condition is turtling in the bubble.
deku giving Steven a concussion is unlikely, because of similar durability and mid-low regen. even if he does shake Stevens bubble, its unlikely to do anything because shaking someone<<<punching them

skill literally does not matter because Steven does not require to touch someone to put them in a bubble, and he opening move is to put up his bubble shield in the first place, so being attacked isn't a problem for him

again, I don't see how deku can randomly predict a bubble appearing around him. his win condition of turtling will absolutely work tho, its just a matter of time before he decides to seal deku

deku giving Steven a concussion is unlikely, because of similar durability and mid-low regen. even if he does shake Stevens bubble, its unlikely to do anything because shaking someone<<<punching them

skill literally does not matter because Steven does not require to touch someone to put them in a bubble, and he opening move is to put up his bubble shield in the first place, so being attacked isn't a problem for him

again, I don't see how deku can randomly predict a bubble appearing around him. his win condition of turtling will absolutely work tho, its just a matter of time before he decides to seal deku
Steven can still be knocked unconscious through his regen, he just gets up faster. And comparable AP has nothing to do with shaking, pretty sure it’d be more of an LS thing.

Can you provide what you’re saying? I don’t recall Steven putting someone in a bubble from several meters away, and especially not when they’re moving? I could be wrong.

So he’s going to bubble Deku while still being in his own bubble? When has he ever attempted that?

Also, can I get the showing of Steven keeping up his bubble while being unconscious?

Worst case scenario Deku drags and punts Steven away while he’s in his bubble so far he can’t get back to the battlefield fast enough.

i know that Steven's regen doesn't prevent Steven from being knocked unconscious, but an ap gap of less than two times prevents Steven from being unconscious in the first place, and Stevens regen prevents him from being knocked unconscious over accumulated damage. comparable ap should involve shaking, becuse being thrown from the left side of his bubble to the right side of his bubble would involve durability.

here's a link for Steven controlling his bubbles remotely, timestamp is 3:00 to 3:12. to be fair, the shards were stationary, so i will have to see if i can find more examples of this.

tbh its more of a thing he can theoretically do, he's much more likely to expand his bubble to attack deku

i know that Steven's regen doesn't prevent Steven from being knocked unconscious, but an ap gap of less than two times prevents Steven from being unconscious in the first place, and Stevens regen prevents him from being knocked unconscious over accumulated damage. comparable ap should involve shaking, becuse being thrown from the left side of his bubble to the right side of his bubble would involve durability.

here's a link for Steven controlling his bubbles remotely, timestamp is 3:00 to 3:12. to be fair, the shards were stationary, so i will have to see if i can find more examples of this.

tbh its more of a thing he can theoretically do, he's much more likely to expand his bubble to attack deku
Let’s assume then that Steven can’t be KO’d while in the bubble.

He now is stuck in the bubble, unable to do anything, while Deku sits on the ground waiting for him to let it down with Blackwhip wrapped around it. Steven can’t do anything in this scenario to the same level Deku can’t do anything. None of his attacks are going to land and he can’t roll anywhere cause he’s going to be held by Class T LS.

So it becomes a staring contest until Steven lets down the bubble. And Deku will win that cause he has higher stamina. So MAYBE Steven can get an incon.

Also, bubbling stationary, nail sized shards by putting both hands around them is not the same as you claiming he can just straight up bubble someone, who is moving, from range.

yes Steven is now stuck in a bubble. a bubble that he can expand, subtract and create spikes around. its not only a defensive option, but an offensive option as well. keep in mind that if Steven hits deku even once with his various bubble techniques, it will do severe damage to deku, considering he only has city+ dura

deku does have higher stamina, that's true. however, it takes a much larger toll having to be physically aware of what your opponent is doing rather than just sitting around in a bubble.

i never claimed that he could bubble someone who is moving, i claimed that Steven doesn't need to touch someone to bubble them.

yes Steven is now stuck in a bubble. a bubble that he can expand, subtract and create spikes around. its not only a defensive option, but an offensive option as well. keep in mind that if Steven hits deku even once with his various bubble techniques, it will do severe damage to deku, considering he only has city+ dura

deku does have higher stamina, that's true. however, it takes a much larger toll having to be physically aware of what your opponent is doing rather than just sitting around in a bubble.

i never claimed that he could bubble someone who is moving, i claimed that Steven doesn't need to touch someone to bubble them.
None of those offensive options will ever matter, because Blackwhip. Anything Steven tries to do, is countered by the fact that Deku can throw the bubble away before it even gets the chance, since it’s going to be permanently held by Blackwhip. Steven maybe gets one chance to use his spikes, which will be detected by Danger Sense, and now Deku just stays out of range the whole time while throwing him away everytime he tries to expand it.

So hitting Deku while in the bubble is laughable.

And yes, he can keep Blackwhip up for days if not weeks. As was stated, he never turned Blackwhip off while he was fighting and running all over Japan with no sleep or rest. Steven is not getting a hit in while Deku is awake.

and how long can blackwhip extend? because Steven can extend his bubbles to hundreds of kilometers based on his range profile.
That’s for his seal on the cluster, he has never been able to make a bubble of that size for himself, and especially would not do that in normal combat. The bubble he uses in combat is not the same as the one used in sealing, otherwise every gem would be able to make bubbles around themselves.

Blackwhip has hundreds of meters range, as said in its profile.

actually, that was a point that I was meaning to bring up. what's stopping Steven from standing there and just tanking dekus hits until he wins? like, deku breaks his arms every time that he unleashes 100%, and while he can still hit Steven while his arms are broken (due to stamina and whatnot), the damage has still being done. the ap gap is small enough that any damage that Steven takes is going to be pretty minor in comparison to the damage that deku will take just by hitting them, not to mention that Steven has mid-low regen as well as 6c barriers that he can deploy if he is taking to much damage.

actually, that was a point that I was meaning to bring up. what's stopping Steven from standing there and just tanking dekus hits until he wins? like, deku breaks his arms every time that he unleashes 100%, and while he can still hit Steven while his arms are broken (due to stamina and whatnot), the damage has still being done. the ap gap is small enough that any damage that Steven takes is going to be pretty minor in comparison to the damage that deku will take just by hitting them, not to mention that Steven has mid-low regen as well as 6c barriers that he can deploy if he is taking to much damage.
This Deku can launch literally dozens of attacks per limb, broken bones don’t bother him that much anymore. He softens the impact by wrapping Blackwhip inside his arms to keep them stable and his body has literally evolved to be able to handle 100% better. He will not be anywhere near damaged enough to incapacitate himself by the time he KO’s Steven unless the bubble shield comes up and stays up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back