• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Why would it not have a soul? Most things in Undertale aren't carbon-based life or anything, from snowmen to firepeople and the life. It's obviously animated, too.
I know that they have body, I just want to say that Asriel absorbs not only SOUL but with the body.

So Asriel can simply paralyze and absorb TE

It did, Rabbit said that the light absorbed her body and snails were missing and disappeared.
Hm, my bad, though the exposition itself does mention that you need immense power to remove a soul without breaking it, not to just vore a monster.
There's still body tho, it's appear to have only be At Least 60% from magic.
I'm aware, but that % is based on little beyond it being compared to humans and water, which seems pretty inaccurate with how the amount of remaining dust is depicted.

Hm, my bad, though the exposition itself does mention that you need immense power to remove a soul without breaking it, not to just vore a monster.
But still, Asriel passively vores monster passively and fully without lefting that At Most 40% of something.
I'm aware, but that % is based on little beyond it being compared to humans and water, which seems pretty inaccurate with how the amount of remaining dust is depicted.
yeah, but it's currently unknown and the only thing we know that there's some % of something.

Why would it not have a soul? Most things in Undertale aren't carbon-based life or anything, from snowmen to firepeople and the life. It's obviously animated, too.
Yeah, but Time Eater is a machine, or at least, a roboticized entity, it has no reason to have a soul, since Sonic doesn’t follow Undertale’s rules.

Yeah, and Asriel has never been shown capable of absorbing a physical 2-C entity before, it’s a big jump from the Monsters in the Underground
He wasn`t shown but i don`t think it's necessary since it's not AP

asriel with a fraction of his power already destroyed all the timelines in undertale, and is infinitely more powerful than chara or frisk (except that he can't destroy the game of course)

also that it has weapons to shoot and attack the time eater from a distance (although I don't know how useful it is because surely there will be a gap between them)

asriel has a power comparable to frisk (minor) and frisk is still able to reset or save the game even if his soul is destroyed
Yeah, but that’s because of determination...? The thing that emanates from, Frisk’s soul? Frisk’s soul is destroyed, but not on the level of Time Eater’s EE, that’s what allows Frisk to reset. With literally no soul, no determination, nothing left, how is Asriel meant to LOAD?

Yeah, but that’s because of determination...? The thing that emanates from, Frisk’s soul? Frisk’s soul is destroyed, but not on the level of Time Eater’s EE, that’s what allows Frisk to reset. With literally no soul, no determination, nothing left, how is Asriel meant to LOAD?
also remember that asriel could erase frisk from the timeline the more he killed him, but in the end he did not achieve such a goal, by the timeline he meant all the timelines, since asriel also destroyed them all and frisk is the the only one who survived

also remember that asriel could erase frisk from the timeline the more he killed him, but in the end he did not achieve such a goal, by the timeline he meant all the timelines, since asriel also destroyed them all and frisk is the the only one who survived
That’s... also what Time Eater does, except he does it passively

There’s just literally nothing left for Asriel to Load from, he would be erased in every moment in every timeline. Even if he survived, he would be in White Space, and considering space and time itself don’t exist there, you couldn’t exactly continue the fight effectively.

Now, whether Time Eater pulls this off before Asriel kills it is another question entirely, but Asriel can’t just “save scum” a victory

That’s... also what Time Eater does, except he does it passively

There’s just literally nothing left for Asriel to Load from, he would be erased in every moment in every timeline. Even if he survived, he would be in White Space, and considering space and time itself don’t exist there, you couldn’t exactly continue the fight effectively.

Now, whether Time Eater pulls this off before Asriel kills it is another question entirely, but Asriel can’t just “save scum” a victory
Yeah, don't forget about Absorbing and paralysing

Yeah, don't forget about Absorbing and paralysing
Ignoring my doubts about Asriel’s ability to absorb Time Eater for now, a question, wouldn’t Asriel get EE’d trying to absorb Time Eater, since his EE is passive and Asriel would have to be extremely close quarters to pull off the absorption?

A question, wouldn’t Asriel get EE’d trying to absorb Time Eater, since his EE is passive and Asriel
would have to be extremely close quarters to pull off the absorption?
No, absorb is instant passive actually.

absorb is instant passive actually.
That doesn’t answer my question or explain why Asriel wouldn’t get EE’d, Time Eater’s passive EE works on anything in its general vicinity, so wouldn’t it just follow Time Eater all the way to Asriel and kill him?

No, absorb is instant passive actually.
Also, in what world is it instant or passive? In the Beerus vs Asriel thread you used some NPC dialogue from Snowdin which literally shows that the monster had time to react and semi-understand what was happening to them

Also, in what world is it instant or passive? In the Beerus vs Asriel thread you used some NPC dialogue from Snowdin which literally shows that the monster had time to react and semi-understand what was happening to them
Oh wait because of my bad English level I misplaced words.

It's passive but very fast, fast enough to do something since the speed is equal tho and the distance is 10 meters.
That doesn’t answer my question or explain why Asriel wouldn’t get EE’d, Time Eater’s passive EE works on anything in its general vicinity, so wouldn’t it just follow Time Eater all the way to Asriel and kill him?
Soul erasure won't help because Asriel LOADs is may be used without SOUL, Photoshop Flowey actually showed that feat.

Time Eater’s EE would destroy Asriel’s soul as well, so he can’t SAVE or LOAD back from it
Asriel LOADed as Flowey several times, and Flowey is literally SOULess, heck, Asriel doesn't even have a "real" SOUL in this form, it's just a combination of nearly all monster SOULs

I've already clarified what I meant by my (admittedly poorly worded) argument here

Asriel would simply absorb it since it's his first move.
And you still haven't explained how Asriel absorbs Time Eater without falling victim to it's passive EE which affects everything in it's general vicinity.

Could change it but rn I'm voting Time eater for more consistent and reliable "instant win" win-cons

And you still haven't explained how Asriel absorbs Time Eater without falling victim to it's passive EE which affects everything in it's general vicinity.

Could change it but rn I'm voting Time eater for more consistent and reliable "instant win" win-cons
Passive EE?
Seems like it's only erasure your body and maybe SOUL which won't help because Low Godly and somewhat reasons.

And thought, TE won't escape and he will fall in Absorption and became absorbed.

And seems like it's takes at least some seconds to make TE transport Azzy in White Space, but Absorp is faster.

Passive EE?
Seems like it's only erasure your body and maybe SOUL which won't help because Low Godly and somewhat reasons.
The whole reason Eggman wanted to utilise Time Eater was because it could erase Sonic/Classic Sonic across all of history in all timelines, meaning he would never have failed in any of his schemes, that’s the exact method Asriel was using to try killing Frisk

It's not passive. Time Eater needs to actualy erase things.
Oh come on. Erasure literally follows it about without it doing anything
Meanwhile Asriel paralysis actualy is passive in this form, and I don't remember Time Eater resisting that
He doesn’t need to, Asriel can’t get close to Time Eater without being EE’d, so any attempts at stuff like absorption just end with a dead Asriel. It doesn’t need to move to win

He doesn’t need to, Asriel can’t get close to Time Eater without being EE’d, so any attempts at stuff like absorption just end with a dead Asriel. It doesn’t need to move to win
Absorption doesn't need to wrap, touch or even get close to TE, he can do it even on a huge distance

Absorption doesn't need to wrap, touch or even get close to TE, he can do it even on a huge distance
But the Snowdin NPC said they felt themselves being pulled in, how on earth does Asriel literally absorb, as in basically fuse with, Time Eater... without touching it?

But the Snowdin NPC said they felt themselves being pulled in, how on earth does Asriel literally absorb, as in basically fuse with, Time Eater... without touching it?
About this one? I don't even know how, but it's just simply disappearing after being pulled into light

No? The Time Eater literally interacted with Eggman initially without erasing him, this passive EE thing is complete bullshit. Time Eater needed to conciously erase both Sonic's and Classic Sonic's worlds instead of just passively standing there
He doesn’t need to, Asriel can’t get close to Time Eater without being EE’d, so any attempts at stuff like absorption just end with a dead
I like that in the only thread I argue against Time Eater he gets wanked to hell and back versus the dozen threads against Dragon Ball characters. Time Eater does not have a passive EE aura, he did not erase Tails nor Classic Tails everytime he flew over them, Asriel simply standing close to it will not cause him to be erased

Ok, sorry, My memory hasn’t served me right here and it looks like Time Eater’s EE isn’t passive

I feel very stupid now

So, what actually is it? I don’t think it requires a specific action, so thought based maybe? Which doesn’t help Asriel’s case much

his EE is not really passive though, you can just see that at the very moment he gets into Sonic's universe before he charges up an explosive blast to nuke it.

Ok, sorry, My memory hasn’t served me right here and it looks like Time Eater’s EE isn’t passive

I feel very stupid now

So, what actually is it? I don’t think it requires a specific action, so thought based maybe? Which doesn’t help Asriel’s case much
Time Eater needs to, like, move to do it, or at least send energy outwards, Tails talks about how he moving through time causes damage to the world.

Back