• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Deku wins cqc as well. Aang's only option is blasting him away with air bending, which Deku will not only be expecting at that point, but doesn't even get hurt by.

aang´s entire fighting style is based around dodging and outlasting his opponents. aswell as most of the oppponents he faced could take him out in a single blow. if that makes any diffrence.

I agree with Bob8999. I HIGHLY doubt that even Deku could easily restrain Aang. I also disagree that Deku has more combat experience. Also, how exactly does Deku stomp if Aang camps the river. Aang has significantly better range and full access to water. This is still inconclusive imo

Aang can only dodge him for so long before Deku analyzes and starts predicting his movements. Aang's not outlasting Deku at all with his stamina, and he has no way of KO'ing him before he finds ways around his moveset.

A single moment, a single slip up or surprise in regards to Deku's ability to dodge and get close, and Aang is done for.

Deku hasn't been in as many fights as Aang at this point, but his way of approaching battles is leagues superior. His ability to find his opponents weaknesses, in both fighting styles and powers, through detailed analysis of their mindset and actions, is something Aang hasn't dealt with at such a level, especially from a non bender that out stats him in every category except 1 element.

I guess it's not a stomp if Aang can play keep away, but if Aang ever gets away from the river, he will not win. If he stays by the river, it's incon.

I'd argue Aang can outclass or at least match Deku's Stamina. Descriptions such as high and very high aren't very indicative of a characters actual stamina unless there is a detailed description of exactly how much stamina the character has, in this regard Aangs stamina section is woefully inadequate.

Back in season 1 of atla when the fire nation started invading the North Pole, during the first day Aang single handedly sunk about a dozen fire nation ships. Keeping in mind each of these ships are filled with soldiers he'd have to fight through b4 he disabled the ship since he doesn't have the AP to one shot the ships and this was over a period of several hours the invasion starting early in the day and ending at sunset and all this was done in his base.

There is also the fact that Deku isn't the only genius in this fight. Aang was classed as a prodigy, mastering air bending at 12 a feat that over his people's hundreds of history had never been achieved (up until his granddaughter). His entire fighting style is staying one step ahead of opponents, staying out of reach, never expending more energy than necessary and letting them exhaust themselves, Deku will be picking up Aangs style but just as well he's also going to be picking up Deku's. It doesn't help that zoning via his superior mobility is very well a legitimate strategy for Aang

Deku can continue moving despite having double powderized arms, severe concussions and having his broken arms set on fire. He's been shown to be able to fight for hours straight. I don't recall Aang sinking fire nation battle ships one by one, crew by crew, for hours upon hours in season 1, and if he did, that seems like an insane outlier, considering later seasons show him get tired much, MUCH faster than that.

I'm not downplaying Aang's skill at all, but saying he's a prodigy so he'll never get hit is quite a claim. Even s1 Zuko and Katara could keep up with Aang somewhat, and other characters outright defeated Aang due to their methods of fighting.

He's a prodigy in airbending, and his fighting style is effective at tiring people out, but against Deku, literally neither of them are enough. Air bending does no damage and Deku has the stamina to keep going for as long as he needs to, or will catch on to what Aang is trying to do and plan around it. Aang has never been shown to pick up on an opponents fighting style at the level Deku does.

Aang is reactionary, he waits for his opponents to make movements then counters. Deku both acts and reacts. He figures out what his opponent can do, then makes adjustments to counter them. Deku makes plans, analyzes strengths and weaknesses, thinks about every consequence and option available, all before even taking the first step to fight.

Deku will be figuring out bending every step of the way, while Aang won't be gaining any information other than he's fighting a particularly stubborn, strong and nimble non bender. He won't even realize that his fighting style is being slowly countered until Deku has already gotten most of it figured out.

Zoning Deku just results in an incon, as he literally can't beat him with only air and earth.

This conversation wouldn't even be happening if the terrain was actually fair and not biased against Deku in every possible way.

Not arguing Aang can win, I was just pointing out 1) his stamina description is butt and 2) I think both are far more comparable in regards to skill than have been presented. I think the match is much tighter than initial viewing would suggest, both have viable strategies against the other; both are likely going to want to keep ahead of the other, Aang has high mobility and zoning to keep Deku off him, Deku has the superior ap and durability etc.

Davidsteel1 said:
Not arguing Aang can win, I was just pointing out 1) his stamina description is butt and 2) I think both are far more comparable in regards to skill than have been presented. I think the match is much tighter than initial viewing would suggest, both have viable strategies against the other; both are likely going to want to keep ahead of the other, Aang has high mobility and zoning to keep Deku off him, Deku has the superior ap and durability etc.
The pages for avatar need to be revised tbh. Pages list characters at a certain level without linking showings, some characters are uilding level+ for controlling lightning even though that's just base 8C.

Kingofwolves999 said:
Deku will be figuring out bending every step of the way, while Aang won't be gaining any information other than he's fighting a particularly stubborn, strong and nimble non bender. He won't even realize that his fighting style is being slowly countered until Deku has already gotten most of it figured out.
Aang can, and will start zoning the moment he witnesses Deku's sheer strength. Deku absolutely will not land said hit, but it'll be enough for Aang to get the idea. He doesn't see Deku as "a particularly stubborn, strong and nimble non-bender" because Deku's level of strength is literally beyond what is capable for a human in ATLA.

Kingofwolves999, FRIMI, MilesTheMorales1, Insert creative name here 12, XSOULOFCINDERX, GalacticIron, and DatBoiBrown

LOL Sorry I meant Incon FRA. I was thinking of Deku when I meant to type Incon.

I feel so stupid rn xD

Back