• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

KingEzran

He/Him
Let's get into the details of this versus thread.

-Speed Equalized

-Both in Character

-Range: 3 meters

-Win via KO

Votes:

Deku: 0

Aang: 0

Inconclusive: 8 (Kingofwolves999, FRIMI, MilesTheMorales1, Insert creative name here 12, XSOULOFCINDERX, GalacticIron, DatBoiBrown, NomsNoms)

I'll switch it to U.A. Beginnings 5%. He's now in the middle of bending and no bending. (I think)

ok. Personally I say Aang wins, but its not as much of a stomp as the others are saying. The battle would probably play out a bit like a less powerful version of Deku vs Todoroki, where the fire in that battle is effectively replaced with water and the ice is effectively replaced with earth. The main difference being that the pillars of earth that intervine to stop the 2 from killing themselves wouldn't appear, or rather they would appear, but only to sheild Aang then promptly be used to K.O. Deku

Well, luckily for Deku, he has a much better AP/Dura ratio than Aang, as well as much, MUCH better stamina. He loses in range and versatility, but wins in intelligence very badly.

Honestly I think Deku can take this. Aang's attacks aren't actually that much higher than Deku's durability, which isn't true vice versa. 2-3 hits from Deku and Aang is going to be KO'd fast, while Deku can take many hits from Aang and keep going. Aang's bending isn't actually hard to dodge either. Even with a severe terrain disadvantage, Deku can dodge or jump over most of Aang's attacks, and Air Bending barely even does damage to him, so he doesn't have to worry about being hit by it. Deku can also maneuver mid air quite well, even without something to bounce off of, so any non air bending attacks can be avoided.

Deku is far smarter than Aang too, so he'll easily be able to figure out how his bending works and use it to his advantage. He'll notice that Aang needs to be near water to control it, so he'll try to steer the fight away from it if he can. If Deku can get close to Aang, which he already is from starting positions, he can also restrain his hands and legs to prevent his bending, and since Deku has higher Lifting Strength too, Aang can't break free easily. He might be able to air bend out with his mouth, but all Deku has to do is hit him and he'll stop.

Aang's advantages are range, AP and versatility, while Deku has intelligence, lifting strength, durability and stamina. He should be able to take this after realizing what Aang's power is and getting in close. The fact that only water and earth bending even hurt Deku are a big boon since air bending is Aang's best counter to Deku getting close.

Deku might even be able to use Aang's earth bending against him by makikg it a platform to bounce off of, though that might be a stretch.

This fight is basically a glass cannon vs a sufficiently mobile, very smart tank. Deku has ways of getting close to Aang, can easily defeat him if he does, and only gets better at predicting and dodging Aang's attacks the more he sees his bending.

Definitely high difficulty, but Deku can win.

idk about that. if anybody can bob and weave through attacks, especially in close combat, it's Aang. If Aang simply dodges most of Deku's hits, which I'm fairly sure he can do, Deku will essentially beat himself or try to conserve his attacks, giving Aang a fighting advantage. Not to mention, Aang has the air scooter right now as well as the glider and can use them both to get away then get in the air. Aang has been shown to be able to water bend while gliding too, he really can attack Deku from a distance if he wants. Also, remember that if Aang encases Deku in earth, Deku would need to waste an attack to get out, so there's that too. Personally, I don't think Deku would easily be able to restrain Aang right from the get-go. Aang is far more agile than Deku, and is skilled in using oponents' powerful attacks against them

Deku has fought people agile like Aang before in Bakugo and Stain, so he wouldn't be as affected by his movements as most other opponents would be. He's agile, but Deku is going to be trying to analyze and predict his every move the moment he sees them, while being very agile himself in 5%, so he should be able to see through him with some time.

Aang getting into the air is the biggest reason for why this terrain is heavily biased against Deku. At least give him some trees to bounce off of or something so his mobility can keep up. However, if Deku just runs away from the water, Aang would either have to follow him away or the fight enters an impasse because Deku won't come near one of his opponents advantages while he's at such a heavy disadvantage. Deku could just break the rock by punching it, I don't see how it would waste an attack? It's not like he hurts himself. Honestly, Aang has more agility simply because Deku has absolutely nothing helping him from the terrain. Also, I don't think Aang could use Deku's punches against him? Not only can Deku easily take his own AP, and I don't recall Aang doing that to someone before?

as for the agility thing, yeah that's a good point and I'll concede that, though I still don't think Deku could easily restrain Aang right at the start of the fight. I also agree that based on the terrain the fight would become inconclusive if Aang flies and Deku flees the water. As for the using an oponent's strength against them, its a whole part of the martial arts that he uses. He even goes into detail explaining one way in which he does this in season 2 episode 13 The Drill at roughly 13 minutes in. It isn't exactly the same, but it follows the same concept, and he can be seen implimenting the same tactics again later in the series like when he was fighting that one fire nation school bully without bending. I'm not saying that Deku's strength will inevitably lead to his downfall, but I am saying that he won't just overpower Aang very easily even with the glaring difference. Also, even on the ground Aang can handle himself in a fight with nothing but airbending, which I don't think Deku will dodge as easily as bullets or whatever. It's also fairly dishonest to say that Deku could easily dodge every single attack that Aang does involving water and earth. When Aang fights, water and air will be his main weapons. Water can be good for zoning and controlling the area, air can be used as the general attacks, and earth will end up being used primarily for defense i.e. earth armour or constructing walls in front of him to block Deku's attacks

Well, I don't believe Deku can dodge all his attacks, not at all! Aang is very skilled with bending, and Deku hasn't encountered enough enemies at this point to be able to adjust fast enough to not get hit at all. Hence why I brought up His durability being not that far behind Aang's AP with water and earth bending. Deku can afford to take hits, especially with his stamina and pain tolerance, so he has room for error to figure out how Aang's Bending works and how to counter or react to it. Air bending isn't that much of a problem for Deku because it's Aang's weakest element strength wise, so Deku won't be particularly affected by it. Also, unlike water or earth bending (yet for this key), Deku can quickly realize Aang is hitting him with similar moves to his own in a form of air pressure, so he'll be able to plan around and avoid it. Airbending gives Aang tons of mobility, but most of it, except for flight, is matched by Deku's natural strength. With better terrain, Deku would heavily outclass Aang in mobility.

Water bending, as I said, can be completely removed by Deku just getting away from the river, which would be in character for him, as he wouldn't put himself at such a disadvantage when he realizes Aang's powers. Deku should be capable of breaking the earth armor by hitting it repeatedly, and it lowers Aang's mobility by a bit, so it'd actually be easier to hit him. Earth walls honestly just morph the terrain more into Deku's favor, as Aang is now giving him platforms for him to bounce off of for his real mobility.

Deku has a way of dealing with all three of Aang's elements, though with some needing more time to figure out than others. The only ability he doesn't really counter is earth bending, but it's usage might provide Deku with an advantage, so even then he has a win condition. It's a hard fight, but I don't think Aang can beat Deku down before he figures out how to deal with all his elements.

yeah that's true most of what you said, but it is important to consider that aang can take water with him in smaller amounts which can be used with more precision. Anyway, i do agree that in most regards its a race against time before Deku is able to consistantly counter Aang's attacks, though Aang can also flee into the river itself which sort of forces Deku to follow since unlike flying, Deku is actually able to continue the fight and Aang has been shown to use air bending to create air pockets that can last for a long time. I personally don't think Deku can fight Aang in the water at all, and Deku would probably know that by this point in the fight, so here's how I view the fight going.

1. Deku lands early hits on Aang and due to this advantage, Deku wins (potentially plausible)

2. Aang successfully beats Deku before he can figure out Aang's move set and counter (very unlikely)

3. Deku figures it out, but once Aang realizes he won't win (which he definitely will) he will attempt to do one of two things.

3a. attack from the sky where he can't be hit, at which point the battle ends in a draw

3b. attacks from the water where either Deku follows (unlikely) and promptly loses or Deku doesn't follow and the battle also ends in a draw

I just frankly don't see Deku winning at all if he doesn't get a good start. As for Aang I think its possible, but very unlikely. All in all, based on this discussion my vote goes toward an indecisive fight

Deku runs from the water and Aang is 1/3 as effective. So it either forces a stalemate or Aang has to win at a disadvantage with the 2 elements that Deku can tank/dodge, one of which he doesn't even have complete mastery over yet, and can be used against him.

I'm pushing incon honestly, no way either of them get away from their own advantage, and they don't have the means of beating each other. Aang's AP is either not enough to even faze Deku or can be easily dodged, while Deku can nearly 3 hit Aang, but can't reach him if he flies.

well, I think its a bit fallacious to say that moving from the river makes him 1/3 as effective as it assumes that both, a) all of Aang's elements are used exactly equal to one another even though he would still primarily use air either way, and b) Aang can't take like a liter or two worth water with him from the river, as many water benders tend to do. I do, however, still agree that it ends in a draw for the reasons listed above.

1/3 effective was an exaggeration. Deku moving away from water does, however, handicap Aang by making his water bending no where near as effective. True, he relies on air a lot, but air is also the one element that does practically no damage to Deku.

Aang's best element here is Earth, as it's calced to do the most damage and can't be restricted, but it's also the element that Deku could potentially use against Aang by having surfaces to bounce off, not to mention it's likely the easiest to dodge.

I'm still going for incon as well. Maybe if it was rise of villains 5% I could find an argument, but UA Beginnings is getting a tie at best with these conditions.

Maybe Deku could outlast Aang, but eh.

Nope, Water bending is calced as Aang's strongest element AP wise, and it's the easiest one to restrict. So Deku can take hits from his Earth bending for a long time, assuming he doesn't dodge most of it anyway.

I think Deku would have to rely on durability and Delaware Smash to even stay on offense, simply because he practically can't get close to Aang. Even then, Aang could counter with air-bending.

Aang wins high diff.

either way, this thread is already pretty old, and unless KingEzran responds, the best thing to do if you want to keep this battle up is to make a new page for it

The fact that Deku's durability and stamina is ridiculously insane compared to Aang, and that he's used to dodging attacks exactly like Aang's, makes his win con very possible. If he gets close and Aang makes a mistake or is out thought, he's going to be nearly one shot. Air bending can only save him for so long before Deku figures it out and starts predicting it. The fact it does basically no damage as well is also a problem for Aang.

Incon as heck.

Also, with recent upgrades, Deku can just flat out break Aang's earth bending with his strikes, so his advantages got even worse.

By the time he needs to adapt to it, he'll have already been hit, which will nearly one shot him. Severely wounded Aang is not going to be anywhere near as nimble with his bending or mobility.

Deku could honestly just restrain Aang as well, then ko him from there. But again, Aang could possibly air bend out, and Deku might even suspect it.

I feel like there are way too many factors to consider with these two.

Wait, I just checked and Deku actually flat out one shots s2 Aang. He has .02 ton durability vs 1.16 tons. That's way over 7.5x difference.

Nvm incon this is a stomp.

Deku would one shot him through the armor, his AP is comparable to Aang's earth bending, and he's been shown to break solid rock several times before, and has broken several feet thick steel.

Earth shields might help him, but now he's just giving Deku things to bounce off of and overwhelm him faster.

It's a 58x AP to Durability difference, Earth armor isn't protecting paper, let alone Aang.

Throw the whole thread away, Aang is never going to be untouched vs Deku in this fight, and his win cons nearly don't even exist.

I guess your opponent being 58 times stronger than you isn't a stomp anymore even though stomps start at a 7.5x difference ┬»\_(Òâä)_/┬»

/s

oneshoting requires a 7.5x AP/dura diffrence. but aslong as both sides have a wincon, its not a stomp. so even if one character can oneshot if the other character has atleast one way to win its not a stomp.

What's Aang's win con? He's not beating Deku unconscious with elements without getting hit. He's up against someone that has far better combat experience and intelligence than him. Deku's stamina is going to keep him fighting for possibly hours, Aang has no where near that level of stamina. Pain tolerance doesn't even need to be brought up.

Aang doesn't know he gets one shot instantly, so he will not be as cautious as he should be. Deku figures out his bending and it's gg.

Back