• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gotenks vs Kid Buu (GRACE)

Vizer04

He/Him
dckwhwy-15f708e1-b040-4065-a864-3319577db9c4.png
59c111809a8c482539b283a849bc183d.png

Kid Buu is resurrected and Gotenks has to kill him. They fight in the Kaioshin Planet.

Gotenks: 8 (@Shadyboi0, @FluffyCreatureZ, @ShockingShoes, @Gilad_Hyperstar, @TauanVictor, @XSOULOFCINDERX, @Emirp sumitpo and @sanicspood)

Kid Buu: 1 (@Adem_Warlock69)

Inconclusive:

Last edited:
Gotenks is far more powerful than Kid Buu, and considering he is here only to kill him, he is going to handle him like he did Super Buu but far, far worse.

Gotenks has a bunch of attacks that either bombard the target with explosives, engulf the target in explosives, or he can just erase him like he nearly did to Super Buu, and unlike Goku, Gotenks also the childish, chaotic energy necessary to keep up with Kid Buu in battle, so those tricks that he managed to pull off against Goku likely would not work against Gotenks and might even be reflected onto him, because Gotenks is a goofier idiot.

If I recall correctly, the Daizenshuu 4 stated that Gotenks after training in the Room of Spirit of Time was stronger than the other Z-Fighters, including Goku, in his base form, who is equal to Kid Buu, so it would be something like Post-RoSaT Gotenks > SSJ3 Goku and Kid Buu, meaning even then, he can hold it down.

If I recall correctly, the Daizenshuu 4 stated that Gotenks after training in the Room of Spirit of Time was stronger than the other Z-Fighters, including Goku, in his base form, who is equal to Kid Buu, so it would be something like Post-RoSaT Gotenks > SSJ3 Goku and Kid Buu, meaning even then, he can hold it down.
Can you show the scan for it?

I don't remember Base Gotenks post time chamber surpassing SSJ3 Goku but I might be wrong

trading power for a heart
Precisely.

Innocent Buu could not tap into the power of the Kais, both because of his body and because of his distorted heart. However, Super Buu is the ultimate form of Buu, as he has both the battle-compatible body and pure evil heart to utilize all of his power.
Can you show the scan for it?
His character profile in the Daizenshuu 7 (my bad, I said 4 earlier) states that "his strength surpassed Vegeta and the others", which most likely includes Goku as well. It's one of the first images that come up when you search "gotenks daizenshuu" on Google.

I have no idea how base gotenks is scaled above his SSJ state, can I get a source for that? I'd appreciate it because I also need it for a CRT.

I have no idea how base gotenks is scaled above his SSJ state, can I get a source for that? I'd appreciate it because I also need it for a CRT.
Pre-RoSaT SSJ Gotenks can't beat Super Buu according to Piccolo and he tells Trunks and Goten to train in RoSaT.
0293-013.png

Post-RoSaT Base Gotenks is stated by Piccolo to may have a chance against Super Buu and Piccolo says he seems different. Piccolo compares Pre-RoSaT SSJ Gotenks to Post-RoSaT Base Gotenks and says he is stronger than his SSJ state before RoSaT.
0295-011.png

Pre-RoSaT SSJ Gotenks can't beat Super Buu according to Piccolo and he tells Trunks and Goten to train in RoSaT.
0293-013.png

Post-RoSaT Base Gotenks is stated by Piccolo to may have a chance against Super Buu and Piccolo says he seems different. Piccolo compares Pre-RoSaT SSJ Gotenks to Post-RoSaT Base Gotenks and says he is stronger than his SSJ state before RoSaT.
0295-011.png
But he doesn't directly compare post rosat base to pre rosat SSJ, he might've just thought that gotenks got so strong that when he transforms SSJ then he'd be able to win. I don't think this is conclusive enough to say that base gotenks is stronger.

Gotenks being able to turn SSJ after fusion is something Piccolo didn't expect.
0295-009.png
0296-005.png

So he was comparing Post-RoSaT Base Gotenks to Pre-RoSaT SSJ Gotenks. He said they powered up greatly and seemed different.

We don't accept Kid Buu being stronger than Super Buu here. The scaling chain in the site says Super Buu stomps Kid Buu.
Ok, even if Kid Buu is weaker than Super Buu, he still would probably defeat Gotenks.
Buff Buu (Kid Buu (Who's weaker than Base Gotenks) + South Supreme Kai) > Super Buu
Therefore, South Supreme Kai should be as strong as, if not stronger than Super Buu
And Kid Buu defeated South Supreme Kai (By absorbing him probably)
So Kid Buu would probably absorb Gotenks once he starts losing

To counter this, Piccolo was wrong every single time about Super Buu's power. He's incredibly unreliable during this section of the arc.

Anyways in the Manga it goes: Buuhan > Buutenks > Buff Buu > Super Buu > Majin Buu assuming maximum power > Kid Buu/Evil Buu >Mr. Buu

His character profile in the Daizenshuu 7 (my bad, I said 4 earlier) states that "his strength surpassed Vegeta and the others", which most likely includes Goku as well. It's one of the first images that come up when you search "gotenks daizenshuu" on Google.
This is the Herms translation
History: In order to defeat Majin Buu, who boasted absolute strength, Goku taught Fusion to Goten and Trunks as a last resort, and thus Gotenks was born. After several failures, they finally succeeded in merging together. The two entered the Room of Spirit and Time, and hurriedly trained as Gotenks. As a result, Gotenks leveled up so much that his strength surpassed Vegeta and the others. However, they were taken in by Buu, who had powered up by absorbing the good portion of himself.
"Vegeta and the Others" only gives me a upper limit of 2 Vegeta honestly. rather than SS3 Goku. If he was supposed to be stronger than Goku they would just say he was stronger than Goku.

To counter this, Piccolo was wrong every single time about Super Buu's power. He's incredibly unreliable during this section of the arc.

Anyways in the Manga it goes: Buuhan > Buutenks > Buff Buu > Super Buu > Majin Buu assuming maximum power > Kid Buu/Evil Buu >Mr. Buu
The current scaling chain in this site is Post RoSaT Base Gotenks > Pre RoSaT SSJ Gotenks > SSJ3 Goku apparently. I know it leads to absurd results but it is accepted and is currently on Gotenks' profile. I was just trying to find the scans that indicate Base Gotenks > his SSJ form before RoSaT according to the justification on his profile.

If we are gonna claim that Kid Buu > Post RoSaT Base Gotenks in this VS match, we have to make a CRT to change the justification on Gotenks' profile.

If we are gonna claim that Kid Buu > Post RoSaT Base Gotenks, we have to make a CRT.
Oh I wasn't. I'm was just speaking out of turn there.

In our current system post RoSaT Gotenks makes this an AP stomp assuming he isn't channeling his inner Martian Manhunter

Back