• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Golden Sonic vs Furious Sonic

Darkspine Sonic vs Excalibur Sonic
  • Speed is equalized
  • Battle takes Place in Minecraft
f32405b25dcd6960d51d0f0fd8c01dd9.jpg

ed2df2dd8bc19b769e0954f78c72f049.jpg

DS: 1

ES: 9

SS:

Last edited:
Both have insta-win moves in theory, but both tend to lead with CQC. Let's go over the insta-win moves first.
Darkspine has reality warping/text manipulation on a universal scale with just a hand gesture while Excalibur has durability nullification with his sword that pierces defenses. Base form Sonic has evidence of being able to resist the former but not the latter, which is a point in Excalibur's favor.

In all fairness, it seems like a bit of a NLF to say that Excalibur can cut through Darkspine effortlessly with so little evidence to go off of, so let's assume both fighters resist each other's instant wincon. That means both will rely on thier go-to close quarter combat skills, especially since they can both reflect each other's projectiles. This means that Excalibur has a range advantage with his extendable sword and a skill advantage via being a more level headed fighter who isn't literally fueled by pure rage. On the other hand, Darkspine has qualitatively higher lifting strenght and elemental manipulation to make up for not having a weapon. Since lifting strenght is only a meaningful advantage if he can close the gap between them, and base form Sonic already has a ridiculous resistance to heat, Excalibur's advantages are better than Darkspine's.

Voting for the knight of the wind. To think he would have been shit-stomped to oblivion just a year ago...

Yo, where's that art from, they look sick as ****.

Both have insta-win moves in theory, but both tend to lead with CQC. Let's go over the insta-win moves first.
Darkspine has reality warping/text manipulation on a universal scale with just a hand gesture while Excalibur has durability nullification with his sword that pierces defenses. Base form Sonic has evidence of being able to resist the former but not the latter, which is a point in Excalibur's favor.

In all fairness, it seems like a bit of a NLF to say that Excalibur can cut through Darkspine effortlessly with so little evidence to go off of, so let's assume both fighters resist each other's instant wincon. That means both will rely on thier go-to close quarter combat skills, especially since they can both reflect each other's projectiles. This means that Excalibur has a range advantage with his extendable sword and a skill advantage via being a more level headed fighter who isn't literally fueled by pure rage. On the other hand, Darkspine has qualitatively higher lifting strenght and elemental manipulation to make up for not having a weapon. Since lifting strenght is only a meaningful advantage if he can close the gap between them, and base form Sonic already has a ridiculous resistance to heat, Excalibur's advantages are better than Darkspine's.

Voting for the knight of the wind. To think he would have been shit-stomped to oblivion just a year ago...
counting

Fun match!

I agree with Pepto's analysis for the most part. Excal's heat resistance should cover Darkspine's flames and Darkspine probably won't get his defenses shattered like Merlina, meaning a haxfight is out the window. Though, while Excal has extended reach, DS' superior Lifting Strength might play a factor if the extendo blade is giving him trouble. He'd likely think to rip Excalibur from his hands if the range of it was keeping him at bay, something entirely feasible with such a Lifting Strength advantage.

Granted Excalibur is a being of its own that can move and talk, so it likely wouldn't be as effective like with a regular weapon. But disarming and pummeling the golden knight with superior AP would likely be DS' best shot at victory. I don't really see that happening, however, as Excalibur's proficiency combined with the blade being sentient keeps it difficult.

Eh, Excalibur has my vote.

Fun match!

I agree with Pepto's analysis for the most part. Excal's heat resistance should cover Darkspine's flames and Darkspine probably won't get his defenses shattered like Merlina, meaning a haxfight is out the window. Though, while Excal has extended reach, DS' superior Lifting Strength might play a factor if the extendo blade is giving him trouble. He'd likely think to rip Excalibur from his hands if the range of it was keeping him at bay, something entirely feasible with such a Lifting Strength advantage.

Granted Excalibur is a being of its own that can move and talk, so it likely wouldn't be as effective like with a regular weapon. But disarming and pummeling the golden knight with superior AP would likely be DS' best shot at victory. I don't really see that happening, however, as Excalibur's proficiency combined with the blade being sentient keeps it difficult.

Eh, Excalibur has my vote.
DS has higher AP? I thought they were both roughly baseline

I think Excalibur Sonic should take a win here due to the fact that his attacks can ignore durability. So, even though they're both even in overall power and general hax. If they go into close quarters, Excalibur will take a win. Darkspine's physical attacks won't be able to bypass Excalibur.

I don't see that in things he can resist.
It's certainly there, to copy from the profile:

Base --> Adventure Era --> Resists
Base --> End of Adventure - Current --> Resistances

Last edited:
It's certainly there, to copy from the profile:

Base --> Adventure Era --> Resists
Base --> End of Adventure - Current --> Resistances
He also has acausality type 1, which I'm pretty sure also helps here.

Thats the problem with Sonic vs Sonic. Sonic can always survive what Sonic does to Sonic. So neither Sonic nor Sonic can really win. Jokes aside though, if looked at statistically DPS has higher stats

Thats the problem with Sonic vs Sonic. Sonic can always survive what Sonic does to Sonic. So neither Sonic nor Sonic can really win. Jokes aside though, if looked at statistically DPS has higher stats
The only stat he has that's actually higher for him is Lifting Strenght. It's qualitatively higher, but still.

While reality warping/text manipulation, AP, and lifting strength is still tough, DPS unfortunately doesn't use his move like that until late in the fight. Which won't take long for EXS to finish if he remains on the defensive combat approach from a Black Air Force character like DPS until he finds an opening. And EXS is at his peak of mental focus as a fighter too with Excalibur being a sentient weapon too who could possibly fight on his own. And EXS is still Sonic so he can fight H2H too. It'll be like that "Fight Back" meme from Jujutsu Kaisen 😆

EXS has the range, sentient sword, sound mentality, can play well defensively (the Dark Queen fight proves it), and he's still Sonic lmao

Wait doesnt DS have a wincon because he doesnt have the emotional problem? As in, he wouldnt hold back. Also reality warping gg?
Reality warping is resisted, and Excalibur has no reason to hold back. Darkspine's anger fueled state is a weakness more than a strenght in this fight. We went over this.

Tbf, Darkspine Sonic's anger is distributed to his blows and throughout the fight against Alf-Layla-Wa-Layla he can still make a couple of quips here and there. So Sonic is still there mentally, just fueled by the most negative World Rings which is why he looks like a 15 year old raging hormonal teenager going through puberty. Or in vs terms, Darkspine Sonic has no troubles in going for the kill. Except in the canon fight because story or writing lol

That being said, Excalibur Sonic isn't fueled by none of that making him less likely to make a mistake during the fight and has fought Dark Queen with a similar rage and sadness Darkspine is going through. And Excalibur Sonic has a sentient weapon so it's basically a 2v1.

Add also the fact Darkspine Sonic is an incomplete form unlike Excalibur Sonic.

Edit: for any confusion and unnecessary skepticism, I'm still voting Excalibur.

Last edited:
Bumping since this is still a valid match and nothing particularly notable has occurred to the keys used
(Also, there are profiles with matches between their own keys being added, if that was a concern)

Also, Excalibur FRA

I’d argue text manipulation is more useful than some would realize considering even Sonic’s main world has things that are created by words, in the form of the Dark Gaia Minions. Darkspine can legit text manip an army of soldiers to fight for him

Not sure why Darkspine couldn’t just create an army to overwhelm Excalibur using text manipulation and then land a bunch of free hits, especially when Excalibur is shown to require multiple hits to even break the shields in the boss fight.

It shows Excalibur doesn’t just cut through things in one hit; so it’s not the kind of dura neg that matters here.

And also if Darkspine was forced into a scenario where he’s on the backfoot, he’s seen Erazor do this tactic before, he can do it himself.

It shows Excalibur doesn’t just cut through things in one hit; so it’s not the kind of dura neg that matters here.
My dude, that was with the final blow that is dura neg, i don't even see why dura neg matters here when that is not his main advantage

And also if Darkspine was forced into a scenario where he’s on the backfoot, he’s seen Erazor do this tactic before, he can do it himself.
Not possible, they are not inside a book world for the text manipulation to do that, they are in minecraft

Back