• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Goku's got a new hack

I think that you are refering to DBZ anime, that wasn't made/directed by Toriyama. I think that your explanation could explain why DBZ is named as DB in *********, but iirc, I watched some titles that has the Z in it.

Anyway, what have this to do with the current theme? I forget it already...

Well, in my first comments I showed Toyotaro interviews explaining the differences between the anime and DBS manga and he said that both come from the same base given by Toriyama, both were complemented with new ideas in a completely separate way from each other and so The manga and anime from DBS are prarically disconnected from each other. As we take the anime here as a oficial point of view, I said that it would be a good idea to add a note on the Dragon Ball page explaining how manga and anime are disconnected, words from Toyotaro, so we should not suggest changes in the main profile of Goku using the manga. I think of it as a more cohesive way, since it is ultimately official information regarding It, to disintend threads like this that intend to add information to the profile based on the manga.

GT doesn't exist in the actual story line, and its never been relevant so why are we arguing of something so inconsistent? If we are gonna make a composite Goku, only take parts of the dbz anime that doesn't contradict his character completely. (Fillers) that have no main sequence to any event in the manga should be exempt.

Anyhow. I think most people would agree it's within the rules to make a composite profile. I think some of the staff just got up in arms about the notion of making the profile just to appease people, but that is not the case here, it is because it legitimately meets the criteria to be made and there is interest in making it. So unless there is a major reason that would prevent it from being made I would like to help somebody make it, or if need be I could make it.

I think at this point there should be a manga Goku here aside from his anime counterpart, they are way too different at this point. I don't know how this hasn't been done yet :/

@SSJRyu1

No offense, but I wouldn't recommend a composite profile for this one. Toyotaro's narrative is so contradictory to the mechanics of the series that it would be unwise to consider it at all.

Reppuzan said:
@SSJRyu1
No offense, but I wouldn't recommend a composite profile for this one. Toyotaro's narrative is so contradictory to the mechanics of the series that it would be unwise to consider it at all.
I agree, this is why I think there is more than enough material to consider just a "manga goku"

@Aneta

Composite profiles operate within reason.

We're not going to make a composite profile for a version of a character from a former fanfic author who clearly does not give a crap about the source material.

So...You are aaying we shouldnt add Dragon Ball super to the composite Goku page because (in your point of view) its fanfiction-tier?

Isnt that a bit suspicious? It sounds like someone wants to stop us from making a page where goku is above 3-A.

Weird, huh.

Well, I mean I don't think we've decided what is canon. As far as I know Kishi is involved with both the anime and the manga and even if I'm wrong the anime doesn't contradict the manga as the anime is currently a prequel, however, it is detailing Boruto's eye ability (whatever it is) which we see him use in his fight against Kawaki. Heck the anime even brought Toneri back into the plot.

@Fire, Goku in manga isn't above tier 3, it just an attack that allows him to ignore durability/immortality. Although, saying that the manga is a fanfiction is kinda biased, there are several manga artist that were fanfic creator and still has official works.

Manga profiles were already not accepted by the staff, so better you people can do is making a profile in Joke Battles or OC/FC.

I might have gotten that wrong.

But can't you see how much he wants us to NOT make a Compoaite Goku profile? In both threads (DB Discussion and this one) he says things insulting Toyotaro and claiming that those that want the composite profile are the ones who think "goku solos fiction".

I mean, come on.

I don't even want a composite Goku, but apparently the DBS manga is the only part of the franchise that won't be recognized so :)

@Unite

One of the major problems is the fact that Tori Yama has little input on the manga'so story leading to thingsee like "Goku Black gaining Future Zamasu'so immortality after they defused even though Potara Earring fusions can't be undone under normal circumstancea."

I do not think this is a good reason, as I showed above Toyotaro states that both the manga and the anime have the same base that was created by Akira Toriyama, Toei and Toyotaro create divergences between anime and manga by treading their own path . In the end after developing the story, it is sent to Akira and he corrects any errors that may occur in both versions and then returns it to Toyotaro and Toei.

The version of the manga can not be used in conjunction with the anime because both are disconnected works according to Toyotaro and we need a version to create the profiles, as only one version of Goku is authorized to be made and the anime has more information then It was decided to follow him.

However saying that the manga is invalid because of "little involvement of Akira Toriyama with the manga," is totally false and Toyotaro himself denied this in two interviews, both manga and anime have the same level of influence of Akira, both Are the result of creative freedom to do what you want and both are reviewed and authorized by Akira Toriyama before the work is released for sale

Debates about validity/canon aside, I'd like to know how powerful would Goku be if he had a composite profile using every canon and non-canon feat he has? Would he gain any notable hax or AP upgrades or just minor boosts?

Manga profile for Goku just to add one ability that he might get in the anime isn't needed if anyone should get manga profile it should be merged Zamasu.

well, composite fits all the rules of the wiki, theres no doubt about that so really this should not be a issue tbh. And it is true that there are diffrences for the diffrent mediums like amnga and anime, but thats the whole point of why we should make a composite as oppsoed to one for every version, to represent all the mediums, including the ones not currently represented, like the manga, many games, non canon movies etc, without flooding teh wiki with goku profiles. I don't seee a reasonable reason why it shouldn't be made, not like it alters the strictly super anime profile.

Back