• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I meant that there was no need for a grace period. Also, the votes were listed as 5-0 and two more people voted, did I miss something?

Torlikoff said:
Why do you spam Thomas the tank engine so much? Otherwise, I don't think you're allowed to restrict goku's movement like that, it give Thomas a massive advantage he normally wouldn't have.
CAN HULK STOP THE TRAIN IN GTA 5?-0
CAN HULK STOP THE TRAIN IN GTA 5?-0

Bcoz if Hulk can do it Goku can do it too!

all of these people spelling "brake" as "break". I can't even.

Seriously, though, what can you even put Thomas up against that would be considered a fair fight that hasn't had the odds tipped in his favor due to location or the inability of his opponent to move from the tracks?

Steam trains are actually really hot to touch. If Goku punched Thomas or anything like that he'd probably burn his hand. If he ran at him and tried to push him it would be even worse due to prolonged contact. He'd have third degree burns, and might lose his balance from shock and be run over.

And if we include the characters' abilities from fanfiction as well as canon, we have to count Thomas's missile launcher and ability to barrel roll to avoid attacks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBuIT11j3Pw

And he can pretty much beat iron man, so...

"Steam trains are actually really hot to touch."

Not at the face of the train, no. Unless you can cite that the entire train is able to give third degree burns (Which it obviously can't since there's always operators NEAR the engine), your point is moot.

"If Goku punched Thomas or anything like that he'd probably burn his hand."

A mild burn vs an entire crumbled train face. I like that exchange.

"If he ran at him and tried to push him it would be even worse due to prolonged contact."

Goku can run faster than Thomas and has faster acceleration, meaning he can get to higher speeds faster. Goku pushing Thomas back would end with Goku getting, again, mild burns and a toppled/crushed-faced Thomas.

"He'd have third degree burns, and might lose his balance from shock and be run over."

Hah. No. Like, straight up just no.

"And if we include the characters' abilities from fanfiction as well as canon, we have to count Thomas's missile launcher and ability to barrel roll to avoid attacks."

Why would we include fanfiction? It's FANfiction, not canon. If you wanna use fanfiction go to FC/OC.

"And he can pretty much beat iron man, so..."

seeing as that Ironman is completely featless, means nothing.

Also complete necro.

"Goku can run faster than Thomas and has faster acceleration"

Thomas beat Spencer in a race, who can travel at up to 100mph. Son Goku (Dragon Ball) has hypersonic combat speed, but over longer distances he can only travel at around 67mph. And acceleration has nothing to do with anything since Thomas is already moving at max speed.

"A mild burn vs an entire crumpled train face. I like that exchange."

You know the trains in that show can smash clean through multiple brick walls and have head on collisions with each other without taking damage.

Also, what's wrong with necroposts? Are you saying no one can ever reply to this thread even if it interests them?

I believe there's a rule against reviving threads that are over a month? old. Interest was lost in this thread by the original parties (including me), so unless someone wants to make it again...

Stoned is correct.

"Thomas beat Spencer in a race, who can travel at up to 100mph. Son Goku (Dragon Ball) has hypersonic combat speed, but over longer distances he can only travel at around 67mph. And acceleration has nothing to do with anything since Thomas is already moving at max speed."

Okay? My point was Goku was comparable in speed and upon contact with Goku's anything, Thomas would crumple up as Goku's Durability and AP far surpass his.

"You know the trains in that show can smash clean through multiple brick walls and have head on collisions with each other without taking damage."

Breaking through brick walls is literally nothing impressive against large natural boulders. Also what? Head on Collisions with eachother without taking damage?

You need to heavily source that statement right now because in almost every photo I've seen when two trains collided, the entire front was utterly wrecked.

True, real train crashes are absolute carnage. But we're dealing with trains in a work of fiction here. This is what Thomas's page on this wiki has to say about his durability:

"Durability: At least Wall level (Can casually survive smashing through walls with no damage), possibly Small Building level (Has survived crashes from fellow steam Locomotives with similar Tech specs, comparable to Percy and Gordon who can survive going through multiple walls at once)"

With that much resistance to damage, plus his weight of around 98t (couldn't find the exact figure, so I used the weight of the Flying Scotsman, a similarly sized train), Thomas could easily generate enough force to cause serious damage to Goku.

Despite looking like a complete unit, Goku actually only weighed around 137lb at the end of DB. As a kid he'd have weighed around half that. There's been some debate as to if this is true, but it's what the official wiki says, so I trust it.

That little weight, combined with his speed over long distances (less than Thomas's) and superhuman durability would give him, let's say the force of a large speeding car to be fair.

Try ramming a car into a speeding 98t train and see what happens.

If the two ran at each other and collided, Goku would be thrown back onto the tracks, possibly unconscious.

"With that much resistance to damage, plus his weight of around 98t (couldn't find the exact figure, so I used the weight of the Flying Scotsman, a similarly sized train), Thomas could easily generate enough force to cause serious damage to Goku."

That's another thing, why couldn't Goku just jump on top of Thomas? Goku jumps on top of moving vehicles pretty much all the time in DB even though they're going at full speeds.

"Despite looking like a complete unit, Goku actually only weighed around 137lb at the end of DB. As a kid he'd have weighed around half that. There's been some debate as to if this is true, but it's what the official wiki says, so I trust it."

Saiyans naturally utilize Ki in their day-to-day abilities so it's arguable whether or not Goku's weight has anything to do with his capabilities at all.

"That little weight, combined with his speed over long distances (less than Thomas's) and superhuman durability would give him, let's say the force of a large speeding car to be fair."

Speaking of forces, Goku doesn't have a 9-A key? So we can't use max speed train Thomas with 98 Tons in weight or else that'd give 200008 kilojoules in energy; 9-A.

"Try ramming a car into a speeding 98t train and see what happens."

Seeing as Goku has significantly less surface area and is significantly more durable, so comparison doesn't really work. Also cars have before survived head-long collisions with trains and besides a crumpled front, most of the car is actually intact.

"If the two ran at each other and collided, Goku would be thrown back onto the tracks, possibly unconscious."

Why would Goku be thrown back at all? With how trains work, Goku's more likely to just stay on the face of the train for an extended period of time and grumble at how that hurt him. And why would he be unconscious? Blunt force applied across your entire body isn't likely to knock you out in comparison to a more focused attack focused at your head or neck.

Another Goku Win-Scenario, he could simply just lodge the Power Pole under Thomas and derail him as he goes over it. The Power Pole is used well into Late Dragon Ball (8-B territory) so it has the durability to do and trains aren't exactly notorious for running over objects that stay lodged into the ground.

Back